1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

No one wished Toure a happy birthday now he wants to leave

Discussion in 'General Football' started by markysimmo, 18 Apr 2014.

1. Jordinho

Jordinho John White Staff Member

Yaya Toure's agent has described Emirates Marketing Project boss Manuel Pellegrini as a "weak manager" while also criticising the club's chief executive Ferran Soriano and director of football Txiki Begiristain.

Toure's performances have come under the microscope during a dismal run of form for City which has seen them go from title contenders to their current position of fourth in the Premier League table.

And agent Dimitri Seluk claims the club are trying to make Toure a spacegoat for bigger problems behind the scenes.

He told the Sunday Mirror: "Some people at City are trying to blame Yaya for what has happened this season. But those people aren't taking responsibility for their own mistakes.

"I am talking about executives who have bought players for a lot of money and then put those players on the bench.

“Executives spend a lot of money on Stevan Jovetic and then drop him from the Champions League squad. I feel sorry for Pellegrini. He's a good coach but a weak manager.

"He won the title with the team left behind by Roberto Mancini."

The 31-year-old Toure, whose relationship with the club came under strain last summer, has been linked with a move away this summer.

Seluk added: "If City want Yaya to leave, they should come out and say so.

"Two of the biggest clubs have already asked me if he is available and I know that if City would sell, another 10 would call me inside 24 hours."

2. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Paul Walsh

Most football agents seem like a bunch of babies with their heads shoved way up both their own and their clients asses, but this Seluk dude must surely be the biggest clam of them all! What a fudging disgusting childish drama queen!!

3. galeforce

galeforce Tony Galvin

their living is based on players moving clubs, how else is he going to behave, transfers feed his children

and pay for the Ferrari, and the drugs, and the hookers

4. SWP29

SWP29 Adel Taarabt

The one summer we want to get rid of him is the one summer Yaya has said he loves the club. Funny that.

5. braineclipse

braineclipse Andy Thompson

Hey SWP...

What do you think will happen with you guys this summer? Pellegrini to go? How about Soriano and Begiristain?

Huge generational change coming up for you guys looking at it from the outside at least... Do you think you'll get started this summer?

6. SWP29

SWP29 Adel Taarabt

I think the plan when getting Pellegrini was to have three fantastic years with the core of the squad while a number of things happened: the stadium expansion was completed; the club settled into the new training centre; we accommodated FFP well into our finances; the first team advanced on all fronts; and, most importantly in my opinion, Patrick Vieira honed his skills with the reserves (EDS) with a view to taking over after Pellegrini.

Those last two points have faltered somewhat, in Europe we have been poor and our team's age problem is more severe than we first thought. Vieira's incubation hasn't gone smoothly, hindering his progress as a coach and our youth team's abilities.

I think change is needed already, certainly with the squad, and supplementing them with youth players has always been the plan. But FFP has us by the balls and not enough of our youth players are up to standard. We have a few good players: Rekik won the league at PSV, Denayer is hailed in Belgium whole on loan at Celtic and Lopes has done well at Lille. But thats not enough. As per your question, we NEED to get started. I don't think we will.

I think we will keep Pellegrini, even if we don't get fourth. I think we will begin a squad revolution, but not to the extent a lot of the fans want. Yaya should go, but we won't get crazy money for him due to his age. Other fringe players like Dzeko, Nasri and Kolarov are rumoured to be on the way out, and seem disruptive characters (which I think is the main problem with the squad, not the manager).

7. Jordinho

Yaya Touré has launched a stinging attack on the media in England and Ivory Coast, insisting that he has been treated unfairly for his performances withEmirates Marketing Project, claiming: “I have won titles, lots of money, but I am not happy.”

Touré told L’Equipe on Monday that his goal record deserves more praise and that he is deeply hurt and sickened by “lots of bitter people who tried to dirty my name”. The 32-year-old has scored once this season in 11 appearances for City, who are top of the Premier League after nine games played.

“Journalists have spoken about a new departure for me,” Touré said. “But what new departure? I have just come out of a season with City where we finished second in the English league, which is the hardest in the world.

“Last season, exactly, I scored 26 goals, 20 in the Premier League, and nobody mentioned it. You understand a bit by disgust. Here, when it is bad, they stress it; when it’s good, they leave that in the dungeon. They have always used their little methods to annoy me, to alienate me.”

Touré scored only half the number of goals last season that he claimed – 13 in total, 10 of which came in the Premier League – but still had an impressive campaign with City, especially considering that before 2014-15, his brother, Ibrahim, died of cancer while Touré was at the World Cup. Furthermore, at the start of 2015 Touré missed six matches for City – of which the Manchester club won just one – to attend the Africa Cup of Nations with the Ivory Coast, with the central midfielder captaining his country to their first triumph in the competition since 1992.

“That was my biggest desire, my most important project, it happened, finally, after losing two finals,” Touré admitted. “I lifted the trophy as the captain of Les Elephants. Exceptional, unforgettable. I did my job, won AFCON with my colleagues, and subtly, the most unloved individual in the Ivory Coast became the best-loved for a little while.

“They said that I fought with Didier [Drogba], with Zokora, and even Kolo, my own brother … and they denigrated me, even through songs, politicians insulted me. That hurts, that hurts a lot. The national team, it no longer has anything to do with football. It comes from a long time ago, from the Jean-Marc Guillou Academy. People hated the academy because we won everything.”

Touré was linked with a move abroad in the summer, after his agent Dimitri Seluk claimed in May that the Ivorian was “90% certain to leave Emirates Marketing Project.” Internazionale emerged as the most likely destination, with the Italian club’s vice-president, Javier Zanetti, claiming they were close to signing the African.

In May 2014, Seluk also said that Touré was considering leaving City because he was “treated him with disrespect” after the club failed to address a “number of things that have left Yaya feeling bitterly upset”, which included Touré feeling underappreciated on his birthday.

“People thought that I was going to leave because of all that, but they forget that I am an honest person who keeps his word,” Touré continued. “Even if there were lots of bitter people who tried to dirty my name.

“When I arrived at City, in 2010, I heard a lot of people say, here, that I was going to kill football! The journalists were talking about my salary and saying that it was a disgrace. They asked what I, Yaya Touré, was going to change at City. And so, did you see what happened next? We won nearly everything. In fact, it is recognition that I do not have that hurts me. It is a bit sickening.

“I do not want my two sons in football. I do not want them to have to go through everything that I have endured. It has hurt me. Everyone thinks I am happy: I have won titles, lots of money, but, no, I am not happy.

“I do not have a habit of doing impactful interviews, I say only what I think. I have suffered for years, and now I have decided to speak out. I am saying everything.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football...r-city-ivory-coast-won-titles-money-not-happy

This is going into 'I am Sol Campbell' territory.

8. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

He is not wrong about the media though, full of arseholes.

monkeybarry and thfcsteff like this.
  9. NorwegianSpursFan

NorwegianSpursFan Naybet

It's getting to the point that if you look up "first world problems" in a dictionary there'll just be a picture of poor Yaya...

Kandi1977 likes this.
  10. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Jimmy Neighbour

11. SWP29

SWP29 Adel Taarabt

A reminder of the types of articles written about Yaya when he joined City.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/football-opinion/brian-reade-column-millions-squandered-3353824

How can paid journalists write such uninformed, pathetic flimflam as this? Everything Yaya talked about in this recent interview is bang on, he is absolutely under-appreciated. Without a doubt, and genuinely without bias, one of the most influential centre midfielders the Prem has ever seen. And yet everybody knows that once he leaves our game, people will talk about how his game tapered off in his last seasons, even though it didn't really as he explained himself. Maybe if people thought about what he said instead of instantly scoffing at it, he might actually be heard.

12. Robbo

Robbo Steve Carr

While I agree on the media bit, he is starting to sound like a bit of a nutcase. Too much conspiracy mumbo jumbo.

Kandi1977 likes this.
  13. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Dean Richards

He is probably giving a very true account of the football world - it is a hideous place

Mr_B likes this.
  14. Jordinho

I saw earlier today that he didn't win African footballer of the year and figured it would only be a matter of time:

15. AuroRaman

AuroRaman Young-Pyo Lee

Has he been hanging around Sol since he arrived in England?

16. Jordinho

I'm just surprised he didn't play the racism card.

Craig_J likes this.
  17. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

He's a miserable phucker.

"Why can't I have everything in the entire world? My millions of pounds and many winners medals just aren't enough, waahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Phuck off.

Rorschach likes this.
  18. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Justin Edinburgh

What an absolute c@nt!

galeforce likes this.
  19. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Justin Edinburgh

What is he even talking about, what's Ronaldo and messi got to do with anything?

20. Bullet

Bullet Jimmy McCormick

Ha ha I assumed the quote above was a spoof... But bbc are quoting it!!!

Wtf, surely he didn't say that :D