• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nice Problem to Have

SpurMeUp

Jimmy Cantrell
Choose your prime 11. For the tough games and the team Conte relies on.

2 from Bentancur, Skipp, Hojgjerg, Bissouma. It’s almost impossible but Conte will be asking this question. Sure we’ll see lots of rotation but who’ll get the nod in the first game and the vital games against pool, city and in the CL?

3 from Kane, Son, Kulu, Richarlison.

Doherty or Royal (or Kulu solving the above)

Sessengon or Perisic

Davies or Longlet?

you choose

Although I like Skipp a lot, I'm really excited about seeing the 'B Men' combo in CM

On paper Bentancur and Bissouma seem like the main 2. With Skipp and Hojgjerg rotating. But…we’ve seen Skipp and Hojgjerg are maybe a bit too similar in style with neither expert at passing. Both have made steps forward in that department though.

Bissouma and Skipp is an interesting pairing. And Hojgjerg has the ability to almost single handed close down an oppositions attack. When he’s fully rested he should be a weapon too.

Hopefully Conte can get them all on form and carefully rotate them.

This season presents new challenges. Last season he could stick to his team and let the cohesion build. That might be harder now. But I hope Conte follows the same path keeping a settled side, only rotating after giving players 10-15 games, switching them when fatigued.

What about:

Kulu Romero Dier Lenglet Perisic
Bentancur Bissouma
Richarlison Kane Son
Bit more guile from the wings. Richarlison able to track back.

Last edited:
I've seen nothing in kulusevskis game to suggest he'd be any use at WB. I don't think he's got the stamina or mobility at all. He's perfect for just where he already plays

Great problems indeed!

I like these sides:

Lloris

Romero Dier Davies

Doherty Bentancur Bissouma Sess

Kulu Kane Son

Lloris

Romero Dier Davies

Peresic Hojberg Skipp Sess

Richarlison Kane Son

Lloris

Romero Dier Lenglet

Royal Hojberg Bissouma Peresic

Kulu Kane Richarlison

Lloris

Sanchez Dier Lenglet

Doherty Skipp Bissouma Sess

Kulu Richarlison Son

Our options are strong right now and get stronger when Spence crosses the line

I've seen nothing in kulusevskis game to suggest he'd be any use at WB. I don't think he's got the stamina or mobility at all. He's perfect for just where he already plays

And before anyone says, but Conte said... Remember the context of that quote was the day after we'd shipped out 4 attacking players and brought just one in, leaving ourselves with a squad of just 16 or 17 senior players. He talked about Kulusevski at WB and Bergwijn at CF because he was trying to cover up just how thin we'd left ourselves. I don't think he ever had any intention of using either in those ways.

I think our cup/midweek team is shaping up ok too:

--------------------------------Forster

--------Tanganga----------- Sanchez-----------Lenglet

Royal-------------Hojbjerg--------Skipp-----------Sessegnon

----------Moura------------------------------------Gil

----------------------------Richarlison

That should be fine till knock out / quarter-final stages

The following are the players that i think will be consistently played when fit in our PL & CL games as things stand with no further signings.

Lloris
Romero Dier LCB
Doherty no.8 Bissouma Perisic
FW3 Kane Son
LCB : Lenglet in games against teams that sit back, Davies against better opponents where more defensive nous is required
No.8 : Hojberg & Bentancur to rotate for the more progressive of the CM2 positions (Skipp in a more defined understudy role for Bissouma)
FW3 : i use that term rather than RWF as i think Richarlson and Kulu will share minutes even though Rich is seen more as a cover for Son & Kane, i think Kulu off, Kane dropping deep and Son & Rich forming a front 2 will be a go-to change.

Last edited:
I dont think there's any discussion on these two. DOherty and Perisic

Not having seen Perisic play I don’t know. Sess can certainly stake a claim on his promising games at the end of last season.

Royal at 23 must have a higher ceiling than Doherty. And to be fair to Royal (and Reggie) he didn’t get a preseason with Conte to bed into the new role.

Tanganga is also in the mix. His aggression is endearing. But he is a bit like Royal - a FB/CB who isn’t naturally attacking.

The following are the players that i think will be consistently played when fit in our PL & CL games as things stand with no further signings.

Lloris
Romero Dier LCB
Doherty no.8 Bissouma Perisic
FW3 Kane Son
LCB : Lenglet in games against teams that sit back, Davies against better opponents where more defensive nous is required
No.8 : Hojberg & Bentancur to rotate for the more progressive of the CM2 positions (Skipp in a more defined understudy role for Bissouma)
FW3 : i use that term rather than RWF as i think Richarlson and Kulu will share minutes even though Rich is seen more as a cover for Son & Kane, i think Kulu off, Kane dropping deep and Son & Rich forming a front 2 will be a go-to change.

I'd go with this too, be interesting to see what further additions come in before the window closes and how that changes things!

I think our cup/midweek team is shaping up ok too:

--------------------------------Forster

--------Tanganga----------- Sanchez-----------Lenglet

Royal-------------Hojbjerg--------Skipp-----------Sessegnon

----------Moura------------------------------------Gil

----------------------------Richarlison

That should be fine till knock out / quarter-final stages

Not terrible, I reckon Gil goes out on loan again though.

…we’ve seen Skipp and Hojgjerg are maybe a bit too similar in style with neither expert at passing. Both have made steps forward in that department though.
Gulp!

Agree Hojberg's passing can be woeful at times but when it comes to Skipp, I'd argue that's one of his main strengths. Unless you're talking about through balls? Okay maybe he needs to improve in that department. Then again, I see his main job is to win the ball and then get it quickly to a forward runner or wide man better placed to make it count.

Something I believe he already excels at!

Back