• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
**** no LVG. Write off this season with no manager, next season while he imbeds his new system and the season after that with the inevitable fallout with Levy.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

It's not who is best, but who is the best fit. Van Gaal is obviously the superior coach, with the superior record. But the club and the manager have to be right for each other. I'm sure there were better coaches than Harry Redknapp, but he was perfect for us at the time and nobody has done a better job in the Premier League era for us.

Maybe Sherwood is the right man at the right time. I'm not saying for sure that he is, but it is possible.

Van Gaal though, is probably a cut above anybody we have ever had as boss. But would his style work for us?

But why would anyone ever appoint someone as manager who has absolutely zero experience of managing a senior football team? I'm not sure how anyone could come to the conclusion that he's 'the right man at the right time' when his mnagement CV is a blank sheet of paper! With Redknapp, I wasnt a big fan however accept that he was 'the right man at the right time' based on the mess we were in and with a mess of a squad. We now have a talented international squad, the type of player Van Gaal is used to managing. Sherwood has no experince - zero - so I dont see how he could ever be the right man....

Guardiola at Barca is the most famous example I suppose. Not comparing us to Barca or Sherwood to Guardiola! BUT, he was the right man at the right time -- I doubt any other club of comparable size would have hired him as their manager when all he had done is coach the B team. But he was right for them, and it obviously went very well.

But why would anyone ever appoint someone as manager who has absolutely zero experience of managing a senior football team? I'm not sure how anyone could come to the conclusion that he's 'the right man at the right time' when his mnagement CV is a blank sheet of paper! With Redknapp, I wasnt a big fan however accept that he was 'the right man at the right time' based on the mess we were in and with a mess of a squad. We now have a talented international squad, the type of player Van Gaal is used to managing. Sherwood has no experince - zero - so I dont see how he could ever be the right man....

I didnt have any managerial experience when I became Manager at my firm. Yet ive been ****in successful and why? because im respected by all around me, because I know how we operate, what is expected from each individual and I work extremely well with both the Head and Senior Managers.

So all this is ******** mate, sorry. Youre just falling into the trap of a 'big name'.

We have tried and gone down that route. Now its time to try something different and im all for Tim.

I didnt have any managerial experience when I became Manager at my firm. Yet ive been ****in successful and why? because im respected by all around me, because I know how we operate, what is expected from each individual and I work extremely well with both the Head and Senior Managers.

So all this is ******** mate, sorry. Youre just falling into the trap of a 'big name'.

We have tried and gone down that route. Now its time to try something different and im all for Tim.

Spot on.

Yep, strangely enough, every manager that's ever managed had never managed before at one point !

If you have the choice between a highly successful current manager and someone whose never managed before, you'd usually take the first option. I'd be interested to see what Tim does elsewhere though, I highly doubt he'll go back to technical director now, if he's offered a job somewhere else he'll take it now I reckon. All assuming he doesn't get the gig here that is.

Yep, strangely enough, every manager that's ever managed had never managed before at one point !

If you have the choice between a highly successful current manager and someone whose never managed before, you'd usually take the first option. I'd be interested to see what Tim does elsewhere though, I highly doubt he'll go back to technical director now, if he's offered a job somewhere else he'll take it now I reckon. All assuming he doesn't get the gig here that is.

If he doesnt get the job here, I have no doubt he has put himself in the shop window and will get a job somewhere and he will prove to be an astute appointment. People are so hell bent on big names, they actually forget that its actually how well you know the peers, colleagues, superiors and, in this case, players. He doesnt know them all inside and out but its a more gradual curve than a steep one.

Like the previous couple of posters have said, everyone was once a non manager - yes even AVB

Exactly, it's makes more sense promoting someone within, who is knowledgeable and knows the ins and outs of the club and who is apparently highly rated by Levy.

interesting interview with Danny Rose in the Technical Tim thread, I think you'll enjoy it if you haven't read it already.

Yeah I read it. Apparently what Danny Rose says is more meaningless than, what can only be described as ****e, in the 'article' that Gutter Boy decided to post - I think in the Tim thread.

I agree - Portugeezer. But Tim doesnt sound eloquent enough unfortunately.

Exactly. This appointing from within is only alien in this country, as always we're well behind the times and just like the problem with players who play for our national team its about the right man for the job, not who's the boggest name....

Don't know if that's just me but for me that makes me believe we have a manager lined up in the summer.

Back