• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Apparently Dutch radio are now reporting that LvG has agreed a deal with us for after the WC.

If true that is utterly bizarre.

First, seriously undermines whoever our temp is. Bad psychologically for the squad.

Second, who the hell is that temp? Sherwood? Don't think he'll much fancy that.

Third, it cuts off our chances of seeing who else is available in the summer. Spurs will likely be the top job in England that comes up inside the next few years. So if you want a top job in England, it's Spurs. We'd have the choice of some great candidates, so closing that off and signing with LvG now seems crazy.

Fourth, is LvG in such demand that a better job than Spurs will be offered to him in the summer and we'll miss out? Surely not. He wants England so we hold the cards.

I would take LVG and have him mentor Sherwood in the process so we can have continuity if and when LVG ****s off. LVG lays the foundations and Tim continues from where LVG left it. Succession planning. Beats having to start again and again.

By the way I really think some of the comments regarding Tim are pathetic, unfounded and immature. Really poor and disappointed.

This.

If true that is utterly bizarre.

First, seriously undermines whoever our temp is. Bad psychologically for the squad.

Second, who the hell is that temp? Sherwood? Don't think he'll much fancy that.

Third, it cuts off our chances of seeing who else is available in the summer. Spurs will likely be the top job in England that comes up inside the next few years. So if you want a top job in England, it's Spurs. We'd have the choice of some great candidates, so closing that off and signing with LvG now seems crazy.

Fourth, is LvG in such demand that a better job than Spurs will be offered to him in the summer and we'll miss out? Surely not. He wants England so we hold the cards.

I think its good for a bit of stability. Also Van Gaal can have his say on the transfer committee in the next 2 windows which is important. No one wants us to be scrambling round in August trying to get a manager after the world cup.

No, I'm talking about him giving monosyllabic, "run abaaaht a big" interviews. Maybe dim is the wrong word, thick is a little more accurate.

Right, so he's thick because he basically told Adebayor to just play his game? He just sounded that a normal bloke to me, nothing thick came out of his mouth - just a lot of simple sense. Footballers tend not to be the brightest so would be better they have someone who conveys simple, clear messages....

Right, so he's thick because he basically told Adebayor to just play his game? He just sounded that a normal bloke to me, nothing thick came out of his mouth - just a lot of simple sense. Footballers tend not to be the brightest so would be better they have someone who conveys simple, clear messages....

Due to his background there are some snobs here would rather have a Hoorah Henry in charge of the team.

There was a story about it published the other day:

"For those Tottenham fans who do not want to see Tim Sherwood managing their side, even on an interim basis, there are plenty of reasons to justify their position: Sherwood is just an ex-player with no management experience, no career wins, and nothing on his CV which validates his suitability to lead a club of Spurs’ size. That he is reportedly an Arsenal fan is a side-issue, and not overly relevant, but that will doubtless be one of the additional stones thrown.

Beyond all of that, though, the most troubling issue with Sherwood is his relationship with the media.

As events at White Hart Lane have occurred over the past six-months, it’s become increasingly clear that someone within the organisation has been briefing the press and has been playing political games within the club. Information from a very well-informed source has continually found its way into the newspapers, and at times that’s had an extremely destabilising effect on the club as a whole. ‘Exclusives’ about player mutinies, about Andre Villas-Boas, about transfer-targets, about relations between the chairman and the manager…some of those articles have been fabricated, obviously, but a lot of those stories have been leaked.

Whilst the libel laws prevent me from making an outright accusation, it should be fairly obvious who the rat is. Who’s benefited most from Villas-Boas’ departure? Who now seems to have an awful lot of support from journalists who were previously very hostile towards everything to do with Tottenham?

Either Tim Sherwood has been talking out of school, or this is just one huge, unlikely coincidence.

Tottenham will probably lose today, but, on the basis that Southampton are having some form difficulties of their own, they might come away from St Mary’s with a point or better – either way though, nothing which happens this afternoon should disguise the reality that Sherwood is a liability, and someone who simply cannot be trusted to manage a Premier League club at this stage of his career.

Working on the basis that he is, in fact, in possession of Neil Ashton’s phone-number, and he does enjoy his fair share of politicking, does anybody really believe that the flow of information that he’s presumably been providing will stop if he’s given long-term managerial responsibilities?

Let’s be realistic: once somebody is in the media’s pocket, they never really leave.

If there’s a disagreement in training, a problem at board-level, or an issue with a player, the logical assumption should be that, with Sherwood in charge, the usual ambulance-chasers in the press will get to know about it – and, that’s just not an acceptable situation in the modern day Premier League.

I’ve heard it said that Tim Sherwood deserves a chance, and that he should be given the opportunity to prove himself as a manager.

“Pep Guardiola was successful without experience! So was Tito Villanova!”

They were, yes, but they were also loyal to their employers and they were managers who could be trusted not to put their own best interests ahead of the team’s – and that’s something which Sherwood probably needs to learn.

Ex-players always believe that they’re entitled to ‘have a go’ at management, and invariably there’s someone willing to give them a job – but a club like Tottenham, at which millions of pounds are continually at stake, are not in a position to let someone ‘play manager’ for a bit on the off-chance that it might work out.

Officially, this is someone whose personality and professionalism comes with a question-mark. But, more realistically, Sherwood is probably an overly-ambitious snake-in-the-grass who Daniel Levy would do well to remove before much longer."

www.thepremierleagueowl.com/why-tim-sherwood-is-dangerous-to-tottenham/

No evidence then, just a blogger speculating.

Are you joking?! So yo're going to forget about what Moyes achieved in his ten years at Everton, because Everton are playing some nice football and are currently in the top 4 he's shown up Moyes....don't make me laugh! Lets see where they are at the end, they haven't got the depth of any of the top teams and Moyes consistently had them challenging the top 4 spots.

This thing about Moyes playing ugly football is really a bit of a myth too. They played some great stuff at times, but also knew when and how to mix it up......

No it isn't mate (unless he saved the special stuff for us)

I've seen almost every Everton game we have played against Moyes for quite a while, and each time it takes me about 15 minutes to go "****, I forget how dirty and anti football these ****s play" Lots of niggly fouls, "slightly" late tackles, stepping on heels, players like Fellaini is his model type player, decent technical player with a bit of a dirty side.

What Moyes did at Everton was create one of the worst records against top 4 sides and Pool ever, Martinez (and I'm not a fan) has taken over his side, played more expressive football and actually started getting results against top 4 sides (and yes, I'll wait to end of seson, but right now it certainly looks like Everton got the better deal).

Anyone else ever feel they've fallen into some really strange parallel universe?

Agreed! Its either:

- someone who has managed, Barca, Netherlands, Bayern and Ajax plus won 4 Dutch titles, 2 La Liga titles, the BUndesliga, Champion's League plus countless other domestic cups etc

or

- someone who has never managed a senior team in his life (bar the two recent games as temp), never played abroad, didn't have an international career of note and played minimal European football.

The idea that anyone might debate who is best out of the two is crazy!!!

You and I clearly have very different definitions of normal.

Agreed! Its either:

- someone who has managed, Barca, Netherlands, Bayern and Ajax plus won 4 Dutch titles, 2 La Liga titles, the BUndesliga, Champion's League plus countless other domestic cups etc

or

- someone who has never managed a senior team in his life (bar the two recent games as temp), never played abroad, didn't have an international career of note and played minimal European football.

The idea that anyone might debate who is best out of the two is crazy!!!

It's not who is best, but who is the best fit. Van Gaal is obviously the superior coach, with the superior record. But the club and the manager have to be right for each other. I'm sure there were better coaches than Harry Redknapp, but he was perfect for us at the time and nobody has done a better job in the Premier League era for us.

Maybe Sherwood is the right man at the right time. I'm not saying for sure that he is, but it is possible.

Van Gaal though, is probably a cut above anybody we have ever had as boss. But would his style work for us?

great-minds-think-alike.jpg

Back