• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

It fudging better not.
And if it does I will lose a lot of respect for DL if he doesn't ship them out.

Mate, if Toby, Jan and Eriksen signed a new contract and got back close to "old" levels of performances you would hold that against Levy?

Really the only irredeemable one for me is Rose, because of his public brick and because this (I know as fact) is not the first time is his Spurs career he has "sulked" for an extended period of time

I think they both know their parts of the game better than anyone but don't see them being a match. Quite the opposite. I just can't see this working without Levy and Mourinho ending up in a brawl in the centre circle. Everything about this screams car crash.

But you have to assume that these two clever men know what they're getting into bed with.

fudge me, it's nuts.

We are going to appoint a new manager, at some point we will sack them, it’s inevitable, thats the business, its where we get in the meantime that matters.

Think he was inferring now ..

- truth is, Levy would be failing in his job if having fired Poch, he did not at least consider Jose

Fans get all emotional about brick and want to make the decision for the personality they like, the chairman of the club has to make the call to get the best possible chance of success.

There are 1000 worse options, even now.

Wonder whether Mourinho coming in would chnage the view of some of our contract rebels about staying.

I'm not convinced that eriksen is a Mourinho-type though. I could see some like Dele, Dier, Sissoko, Ndombele and Kane thriving though

You missed the point where Mourinho turned into a Dinosaur like Souness and Keane railing against modern footballers.
Once Mourinho's aura went during what Conte termed his "Mourinho season" at Chelsea, Mourinho has never recovered.
Players spotted respecting him. Instead see a bitter little man that never played the game.
Mourinho turned against the players. He hates modern footballers and went out of his way to single out players publicly at United.
He's been no better as a pundit. Spitefully continuing little battle and righting petty slights.

There isn't a chance Dele Alli will be able to work with him. He hates young 'flashy' black players like Pogba, Rashford, Lingard and Martial.

We are going to appoint a new manager, at some point we will sack them, it’s inevitable, thats the business, its where we get in the meantime that matters.
And that in itself is a strong position - they don't move on to something better.
Until Poch goes to Bayern...

Yep and normally you're looking at a three or four year cycle. It's why 90% of talk of projects is flimflam.

With Mourinho, by his own measure, he'd need to win something next year because it will start to fall apart the following season.

Fair point. I guess we all want to find the one that we'll have for a long time but that doesn't really happen any more. If we get Jose for 2-3 years, we could end up with a bundle of trophies and a lot of fractured relationships. Would that be better than the last 5 years?

Fair point. I guess we all want to find the one that we'll have for a long time but that doesn't really happen any more. If we get Jose for 2-3 years, we could end up with a bundle of trophies and a lot of fractured relationships. Would that be better than the last 5 years?

We'll be the first club he doesn't win a trophy with whilst Poch clears up at whichever giant gives him a job.

100% nailed on and all the fragile little egos who can't handle the stick spurs get on social media will be in meltdown once again

You missed the point where Mourinho turned into a Dinosaur like Souness and Keane railing against modern footballers.
Once Mourinho's aura went during what Conte termed his "Mourinho season" at Chelsea, Mourinho has never recovered.

I think it went at Madrid when he fell out with the Spanish players. The Mourinho that returned to Chelsea was a shadow of his former self. The sparkle has gone from his eye and he's just a bully now.

Yep and normally you're looking at a three or four year cycle. It's why 90% of talk of projects is flimflam.

With Mourinho, by his own measure, he'd need to win something next year because it will start to fall apart the following season.

Maybe, but his record suggests he probably would. Also, and it’s a minor thing, it would be the lowest domestic expectation he would have had to handle, would that make the return of the relaxed special one more likely, he won’t be expected to win the league and the CL every season, as he was at United and Madrid.

Players spotted respecting him. Instead see a bitter little man that never played the game.
Mourinho turned against the players. He hates modern footballers and went out of his way to single out players publicly at United.
He's been no better as a pundit. Spitefully continuing little battle and righting petty slights.

There isn't a chance Dele Alli will be able to work with him. He hates young 'flashy' black players like Pogba, Rashford, Lingard and Martial.

Mate, that is completely without merit unless you have some insight the rest of the world doesn't and considering some of the players that bled for Jose (e.g Drogba)

Would the fractured relationships be with players of any value by that point?

Maybe, but his record suggests he probably would. Also, and it’s a minor thing, it would be the lowest domestic expectation he would have had to handle, would that make the return of the relaxed special one more likely, he won’t be expected to win the league and the CL every season, as he was at United and Madrid.

I don't see Mourinho becoming more amiable as his career is on the slide

Yes, because it's progress in reults

Fans talk about ambition, Jose is a statement of ambition and the fact that he would even consider us is a testament to where we are now.

If it’s Jose, because it almost cannot be anyone else right now, I’d give it Jose till the end of the season. He uses us to rebuild his rep. We go all out for a trophy. Then we reevaluate in the summer, and we both see what options we have.

Absolutely no point giving him the cash, which we don’t usually do anyway. No point giving him longer than a 2 year contract when it falls apart anyway. He simply has to win something, otherwise this whole move has been a colossal waste of time.

Mate, that is completely without merit unless you have some insight the rest of the world doesn't and considering some of the players that bled for Jose (e.g Drogba)
I think it's fair to say he doesn't like young flashy players who think they've achieved something before they have (but who doesn't really?). He also prizes workrate and war mentality heavily, which is why he likes compete players. That sort of attitude is more typical in players who have already fully grown and know themselves. I don't believe race plays any part for Jose just mentality and workrate.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Back