1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by Gutter Boy, 29 Dec 2013.

?

Who do you want?

Poll closed 20 May 2014.
  1. Louis Van Gaal

8 vote(s)
    6.6%
  2. Mauro Pochettino

9 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. Frank de Boer

43 vote(s)
    35.5%
  4. Roberto Martinez

16 vote(s)
    13.2%
  5. Carlo Ancelotti

10 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Murat Yakin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Thomas Tuchel

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  8. Rafa Benitez

29 vote(s)
    24.0%
  9. Someone Else

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Jordinho

Jordinho John Cameron Staff Member

I'm a little worried about our seemingly narrow approach. There are many interesting candidates out there in the smaller leagues and even in the Championship, but we seem focused on getting either a big name or at least someone with PL experience.

2. harr1984

harr1984 Steffen Iversen

All good points. Would love to see him come....

3. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

Just cant see Man U appointing a manager who they know will only be around for say 3 years. Despite what has happened with Moyes, they dont have Real Madrid, Cheatski or Man C's hire and fire culture and they benefit massively from this in terms of their reputation. Clearly LVG would take Man U over us but would Utd appoint LVG if they could get say Simeone or Guardiola? Not so sure....

I dont think we're in a bad position though even if they do take LVG - there arent going to be dozens of top jobs available this summer and whether we end up with LVG, De Boer, Allegri or Ancelotti, we'll be in a better position than we are now

4. Hootnow

Hootnow Jermaine Jenas

Agreed. I think we've missed the boat on younger up and coming managers with PL experience, Rodgers and Martinez is gone and Lambert hasn't done anywhere near as well as I thought he would.

There are lots of good managers out them I'm sure, we need to be giving ourselves the best chance of picking one of them up.

5. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

We need someone proven in a decent league. Levy would be crucified if he appointed another unproven guy after AVB and TS. That leads you to LVG, Allegri and Ancelotti, whilst you can also make a case for FDB given he's done it for 3-4 years in Holland (whereas AVB did it for 1 year in Portugal)

6. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

For every Rodgers and Martinez though, there's people like Lambert and Laudrup who have been ok at one club or for one season and then failed. And for everyone one of them there's a dozen like Sherwood, Ince, Tony Adams, Shearer, etc etc etc

We need a proven guy

7. harr1984

harr1984 Steffen Iversen

Why not? Its ideal for Giggs to be his no.2 and groomed in the same way some of us (clearly far from all) were hoping Sherwood would be groomed by LVG....

8. Jordinho

Given how narrowminded a lot of the fanbase is, that is another worry. Even Allegri will be written off as another Santini and people will be jumping to all kinds of idiotic conclusions based on zero actual knowledge of what's been happening.

9. Hootnow

Hootnow Jermaine Jenas

You can't begin to compare Rodgers, Martínez and Lambert with sherwood, shearer and Adams.

We ve also hired proven managers in the past. Obviously the more proven, the higher the chance of success but they have also failed.

It's about the right fit.

10. ArnieArdiles

ArnieArdiles Milenko Acimovic

:eek:

Just had this emailed to me . I think the picture needs clicking on, to enlarge .

It's not funny and not for the faint hearted :eek:

10247410_542225075898452_2767469118844266115_n.jpg

11. indianspur

indianspur Guest

yeah but only because they had the freakish Ferguson in charge with all his success year after year. Its easy to have continuation when one man is delivering success on a yearly basis. After sir matt busby was sacked Utd had 5 managers in 12 years, thats almost Levyesque;)

12. braineclipse

braineclipse David Ginola

Stobart seems to favour Tuchel and thinks that if he got an interview he would talk himself into the job.

I agree with you that our approach, should we fail with van Gaal should be wide and well considered.

13. indianspur

indianspur Guest

:lol: please GHod nooooooooooooo

14. DTA

DTA Sergei Rebrov

True and he look like he may have something about him, but what were his league finishes then? He has spent money this season much more than Rodgers did at Swansea ... And Rodgers teams were easier on the eye.

15. indianspur

indianspur Guest

as long as he brings his laptop and a strong powerpoint presentation....

16. braineclipse

Rodgers took over a Swansea team that was a lot more settled in a style of play I think.

I agree that Southampton could perhaps have done even better this season, and you're right that they did invest quite heavily. Still though, 8th in their second season back in the PL and in Pochettino's first full season. I think that's more than respectable. Looking at the table all teams ahead of them are significantly bigger with way more settled squads that (arguably bar Everton) have significantly larger budgets than Southampton.

17. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

How often do you see situations where a manager develops his replacement? One of those things much talked about in the press but rarely happens, like buying two players in one deal or swap deals

18. braineclipse

Must.Not.Bite ;)

19. Jordinho

It's incredibly hard to go from coach/assistant, where you're mates with the players, to being the head honcho and commanding respect from the same group.

20. ArnieArdiles

ArnieArdiles Milenko Acimovic

It could happen, we all know it could lol... Look out for us being linked with a cut-price bid for Fellaini...8-[