• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So you decided not to show your face after the United win, but bump this thread as soon as we get a bad result?

So the same as the Redknapp/Sherwood fanboys did after the Moyes inspired win during the week. It's what happens when our club is so fractured.

Since when though. Most I know gave up a few months back, only now starting to see some hope on the horizon.

Nah - Crystal Palace now.

GB, by your own admission, Van Gaal isn't available until the summer. AVB isn't coming back. So let's say your dream comes true, we lose the next few games in what will undoubtedly by a very tight league and Sherwood is fired, who exactly do we bring in?

GB, by your own admission, Van Gaal isn't available until the summer. AVB isn't coming back. So let's say your dream comes true, we lose the next few games in what will undoubtedly by a very tight league and Sherwood is fired, who exactly do we bring in?

TS wont lose the next few games. Its not like he has lost the last few games and is on a bad run. He has improved results and the performances and was let down by tired, leggy and lethargic performances from players yesterday.

TS wont get fired this season no matter what happens - there is no one available. At best this season we finish in a decent position and at worst we finish without EL and in mid-table mediocrity.

At least I'm still passionate. Every other Spurs fan I know (in the real world) has just given up/lost interest/is completely ambivalent now.

the ones you know arent made of much steel then. In enfield and parts of New cross think you'll find quite a few people that are trying to be upbeat and very passionate about whats happening

interesting thought AS. wrt changing the club's culture, reminds me of wenger when he arrived, albeit i suppose very different personalities.

pretty much this.

If LvG wasnt the Football version of Henry the VIII then i would be all on board for this

as it stands right now i dont think we have what it takes in our squad and dressing room to take on a guy that would change our club into some kind of boarding school.

i just dont see it, its actually one of the reasons i thought AVB might **** up here based on what i was told.

I mean can you imagine some of the players adhering to strict dietary regimes, curfew, behaviours that are nothing to do with football within club grounds .

There would be a strike LOL.

if Levy is finally going to back someone , which it is debatable, then maybe another mass clearout would be in order? but then why not back AvB with his squad problems? (actually might have to do with HOW AvB carried out his business , not the business itself...cause i dont think AvB does much wrong..if anything he did the right think trying to cut out 'alleged' disruptive characters..its just how he went about doing it i think was non productive if rumours are true)

At least I'm still passionate. Every other Spurs fan I know (in the real world) has just given up/lost interest/is completely ambivalent now.

you should have gone and supported Inter Milan like you threatened to back in 2008 if Spurs didnt sign Arshavin from Zenit for 20 mill pounds

Freund.

pretty much this.

If LvG wasnt the Football version of Henry the VIII then i would be all on board for this

as it stands right now i dont think we have what it takes in our squad and dressing room to take on a guy that would change our club into some kind of boarding school.

i just dont see it, its actually one of the reasons i thought AVB might **** up here based on what i was told.

I mean can you imagine some of the players adhering to strict dietary regimes, curfew, behaviours that are nothing to do with football within club grounds .

if Levy is finally going to back someone , which it is debatable, then maybe another mass clearout would be in order? but then why not back AvB with his squad problems? (actually might have to do with HOW AvB carried out his business , not the business itself...cause i dont think AvB does much wrong..if anything he did the right think trying to cut out 'alleged' disruptive characters..its just how he went about doing it i think was non productive if rumours are true)

Yes. We've come on a long way since Ramos tried and failed to do this sort of thing.

AVB recruited 15 of our current squad. There's only 8 English players left and the majority of them have been better schooled than the old burgers and ketchup phalanx who welcomed Redknapp so much. The two players AVB isolated (Ade and BAE) were the only ones seemingly causing him any problems.

We also don't really have any extrovert leaders anymore either.

I think we've totally set-up for a charasmatic progressive coach like van Gaal to mould us in his own image.

What makes you think that Freund would make a better first team coach than the current incumbent and if this is this case, why didn't Levy think the same?

He's smart, has a great reputation from his work with German national youth teams (from U16 to U20s), and has worked with our first team for the past 18 months. That's nearly 7 years coaching in two countries and with senior players. Compare that to Timmeh's 15 months just with our youth team.

I think the reason Timmeh got the nod over him is because Timmeh is far more political shall we say.

Freund.

Yes. We've come on a long way since Ramos tried and failed to do this sort of thing.

AVB recruited 15 of our current squad. There's only 8 English players left and the majority of them have been better schooled than the old burgers and ketchup phalanx who welcomed Redknapp so much. The two players AVB isolated (Ade and BAE) were the only ones seemingly causing him any problems.

We also don't really have any extrovert leaders anymore either.

I think we've totally set-up for a charasmatic progressive coach like van Gaal to mould us in his own image.

Agreed. AS, I don't understand why you think our players are set up to reject ideas of someone like LvG? Why ours? What about them suggests they wouldn't give it a go? Which ones in particular wouldn't go for it?

To me, because most of the squad are AVB signings, we've got a lot of 'team first' players in the squad, that would happily take on board ideas that work for a team benefit. It's why they were signed, I would say.

He's smart, has a great reputation from his work with German national youth teams (from U16 to U20s), and has worked with our first team for the past 18 months. That's nearly 7 years coaching in two countries and with senior players. Compare that to Timmeh's 15 months just with our youth team.

I think the reason Timmeh got the nod over him is because Timmeh is far more political shall we say.

Wasn't Timmeh DOF of the youth team, rather than coach?

pretty much this.

I'm curious too, Affy.

I think players like Dembele (who's worked with him before), Eriksen, Holtby, Vertonghen etc would all love it. He could also really take Walker and maybe Townsend up a level.

Van Gaal may be a dictator, but, he always always always has the Club's best interests at heart.

Back