• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Levy is going to choose wrong again, Poch instead of FdB just like he went for AVB instead of Martinez..............

What makes you think that FdB is the better bet than Poch? They seem pretty evenly matched to me. I certainly don't feel that I am in a position where I could call someone out for picking one over the other.

They are frequently wide of the mark.

really? they were spot on with Mourinho to Chelsea, immediately made LVG the favourite for the Utd job, they announced just before the Sunderland game that Sherwood was to be booted out at the end of the season..these are just off the top of my head. Fact is that journos have their contacts within the game.

really? they were spot on with Mourinho to Chelsea, immediately made LVG the favourite for the Utd job, they announced just before the Sunderland game that Sherwood was to be booted out at the end of the season..these are just off the top of my head. Fact is that journos have their contacts within the game.

If you chuck enough ****...

it was until Utd decided to dispose of Moyes.........again, the press were correct with Spurs being in for LVG

or they were putting two and two together and coming up with 5.

for every journo with a connection there are countless more who don't.

or they were putting two and two together and coming up with 5.

for every journo with a connection there are countless more who don't.

Being right doesn't sell papers/advertising and everyone forgets the incorrect stuff they publish after a day or two.

If you chuck enough ****...

what?:-s..........its not that hard to work out the well researched articles and the bullsh!te ones. Just depends on the papers you read and the journos you respect i guess. its a matter of being discerning.

what?:-s..........its not that hard to work out the well researched articles and the bullsh!te ones. Just depends on the papers you read and the journos you respect i guess. its a matter of being discerning.

I am not arguing that the papers never get it right or that some journalists don't have contacts. What I am saying is that the papers frequently publish any old crap to sell copies or drive traffic to their websites.

I am not arguing that the papers never get it right or that some journalists don't have contacts. What I am saying is that the papers frequently publish any old crap to sell copies or drive traffic to their websites.

like i said, its all about discernment.

Patience is definitely the key here. Levy should wait, bide his time and take in what happens over the next week because if Real Madrid lose that final then Ancelotti will be going and we now have no obstacles really in terms of attracting him. If they should win, then fine, Ancelotti won't be happening and we can crack on and proceed with other managers on our shortlist.

No guarantee that Carlo is on our shortlist but I hope to GHod that he is and we are just seeing the week out before making our move and decision either way.

Im seriously not sure why Levy just doesnt go for FDB - this is a guy who really wants the job. Yes he gobbed off so what? I think it was more to do with excitement than anything else. Im not impatient as I dont think this summer makes much difference as most of the focus is on the world cup but FDB just hits the right notes with moi.

Weak league, slow-paced football and media briefings are Levy's reservations I'd say.

Although there are more pluses for FdB, there are also more minuses. Poch is the lower risk option IMO.

Antonio Conte will remain at Juventus after the Turin club confirmed him as their manager for the 2014/15 season.

I don't want to be an **** but that isn't what you said to start with.

what, that they are rarely wide of the mark? when it comes to managerial appointments i think the press very rarely get it wrong

for example, if a respected journo reveals that Utd want LVG, and then the rest of the media follows with the same story, then they are all on the right track arent they?

what, that they are rarely wide of the mark? when it comes to managerial appointments i think the press very rarely get it wrong

for example, if a respected journo reveals that Utd want LVG, and then the rest of the media follows with the same story, then they are all on the right track arent they?

AVB was 25-1 at one point a week or two prior to his appointment. Moyes and Martinez were big favourites with the bookies/papers, whilst AVB and Blanc (who ended up being the two interviewed) were only being spoken about on messageboards.

Back