• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
The only team interested in Alex Song when Arsenal loaned him out were relegation battling Charlton, but I suppose he's brick too.

why is that weird? Im just saying I dont think hes a good player and when he came on he was a liability. yep, you are right. thats weird.

Saying he's a liability whenever he came on and not remembering his first season with us (that was the season we finished 4th and he was brilliant btw) is pretty damn weird to say the least. Well to me anyway.

Yeah, I'm not sure mate. I'd be happy to see him given a run but concentration problems don't tend to go away from what I've seen. Like I say, Gardner could have been a good defender if not for those lapses and I reckon Bramble falls into that category as well.

You dont know until you try. As Mumourn says - look at Kaboul. A lot of similarities in that they seem at times to have heads full of sawdust, but given faith and games Kaboul has come on leaps and bounds

You dont know until you try. As Mumourn says - look at Kaboul. A lot of similarities in that they seem at times to have heads full of sawdust, but given faith and games Kaboul has come on leaps and bounds

Ah, but we have tried already, sometimes with success and sometimes not, he's had a few different phases at Spurs. The problem is, we are about to have (fingers crossed) Kaboul, Vertonghen and the truly stella potential of Caulker in our line up as well as Daws/Gallas/King in some shape or form. Personally, I wouldn't let a third bite at Bassong get in the way of Caulker's development, epsecially if we can get a decent fee for Bassong. The problem, as with most of our fringe players, is that we have managed to decimate his stock by not playing and loaning, so I doubt we'll have any takers for the money Levy wants back for him.

A few phases? As I recall he was brought as a squad player, ended up playing the full season and by the end was beginning to look the real deal.

From which point he basically got brick canned in favour of Gallas. Any consequent appearances were few and far between, so if he had spent large spells on the bench would it be fair to judge them?

To be honest mate I wouldnt be crying myself to sleep if we let him go, Im not bothered enough, but I do think its a shame he didnt get more of a crack and I do think people slagging him off are completely wrong.

Vertonghen may be the real deal. Kaboul is shaping up nicely and Caulker (IMO could use another loan) could be the long term future - I appreciate it could just be the case that Bassongs time is up. Just unfortunate IMO.

Aw4PD3PCMAI2wKh.jpg

A few phases? As I recall he was brought as a squad player, ended up playing the full season and by the end was beginning to look the real deal.

From which point he basically got brick canned in favour of Gallas. Any consequent appearances were few and far between, so if he had spent large spells on the bench would it be fair to judge them?

To be honest mate I wouldnt be crying myself to sleep if we let him go, Im not bothered enough, but I do think its a shame he didnt get more of a crack and I do think people slagging him off are completely wrong.

Vertonghen may be the real deal. Kaboul is shaping up nicely and Caulker (IMO could use another loan) could be the long term future - I appreciate it could just be the case that Bassongs time is up. Just unfortunate IMO.

Nah mate, he probably got at least a dozen starts in 10/11 and a hatfull of sub appearances and didn't look anywhere near the player he was the season before. In fact, I'm pretty sure he got a good few CL games under his belt. He didn't get shelved until last season. I couldn't see the point in loaning him to be honest and I think he could have played a part last season, but as it is, I'd probably let him go.

Edit: Take a look here:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/66657/sebastien-bassong?cc=5739

He had a couple of sustained periods during 10/11 and I think it is these that people are drawing their memories from as he was much better the season before.

I agree, he was great in his first season, but definitely tappered off and it isn't all down to form/game time.

Last edited:
...and THAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR he blows! Full steam ahead Yiddos!!!

AVB's blue-an-white-armyyyyyyyy!!!!

Come on, let's fudging HAVE THIS!

Jol isnt a top manager. Ang Jol never got in the top 4 at at time when City didnt have all their money.

But Liverpool were well above us at that point with a solid team and regular CL football

Manchester United and Arsenal were also stronger than they are now and Chelsea had Mourinhio and the beginnings of the Roman Empire

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial

Due to unprecedented traffic, we currently have problems with the Club website. Please bear with us!

Sam Lyon @sampatricklyon

I said it before and I'll say it again - Andre Villas-Boas could prove an inspired appointment by Tottenham.

Back