• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Season.

Bogdan's pretty young but has looked terrible whenever I've seen him play.

I'd say to address key areas we'd need to get in Hoilett and Adler on frees.

Hoilet looks so calm and composed and moves with the ball really well, would give us three pacy wingers to rotate which we'll need to compete in champions league and stay fresh.

Adler can come in and steadily take the reigns, niether brad or Adler being first choice necessarily, just fighting it out for games.

To aid the CB/LB position, bring in Vertonghen, enabling Rose to go out on loan in the PL for a season. Caulker coming back also and I think most can see the potential he has.

Naughton to return also giving back up at RB and LB

I think Rossi is a genuine possibilty in the summer as well, if Gio goes the other way alongside about 10m if they are still having financial issues. Don't think Ade will stay so there is still the same problem of a proper target man, and think the likes of Llorente are out of reach...Ade won't be permanent imo

Premier league loans for Townsend Carroll and Smith hopefully, and selling Bassong Corluka Pienaar for a bit of wedge, not that they're bad players at all, just unlucky in their circumstances during their time here.

I think Modric will be fine if we finish top four, but maybe I'm being overly positive on that one.

Probably hard to look great with that load of sh#t "defending"you!

I think he's far from terrible, and think he has great potential. I wouldnt mind signing him as understudy for a year, and see how he developes.

Squad for next season as it stands

Friedel - 1 year contract

Kaboul - 2 years
Gallas - 1 year
Dawson - 3 years
Walker - 4 years
Assou-Ekotto - 1 year
Rose - 3 years
Bassong - 2 years
Naughton - 1 year

Bale - 3 years
Huddlestone - 3 years
Lennon - 2 years
Parker - 3 years
Van der Vaart - 2 years
Modric - 4 years
Kranjcar - 1 year
Livermore - 4 years
Sandro - 4 years
Bentley - 1 year (option for another)
Giovani dos Santos - 1 year
Jenas - 1 year
Pienaar - 3 years
Iago Falqu?® - 3 years

Jermain Defoe - 2 years

qualify as u21
Caulker - 1 year
Andros Townsend - 4 years

Out of Contract
King
Gomes
Cudicini

Kaboul - 2 years
Gallas - 1 year
Dawson - 3 years
Walker - 4 years
Assou-Ekotto - 1 year
Rose - 3 years
Bassong - 2 years
Naughton - 1 year

Bale - 3 years
Huddlestone - 3 years
Lennon - 2 years
Parker - 3 years
Van der Vaart - 2 years
Modric - 4 years
Kranjcar - 1 year
Livermore - 4 years
Sandro - 4 years
Jenas - 1 year
Pienaar - 3 years
Iago Falqu?® - 3 years

Jermain Defoe - 2 years

qualify as u21
Caulker - 1 year

Out of Contract
King
Gomes
Cudicini

oh dear, that doesn't make good reading, hope Levy is in contract extensions with ALOT of them

Kaboul - 2 years
Gallas - 1 year
Dawson - 3 years
Walker - 4 years
Assou-Ekotto - 1 year
Rose - 3 years
Bassong - 2 years
Naughton - 1 year

Bale - 3 years
Huddlestone - 3 years
Lennon - 2 years
Parker - 3 years
Van der Vaart - 2 years
Modric - 4 years
Kranjcar - 1 year
Livermore - 4 years
Sandro - 4 years
Jenas - 1 year
Pienaar - 3 years
Iago Falqu?® - 3 years

Jermain Defoe - 2 years

qualify as u21
Caulker - 1 year

Out of Contract
King
Gomes
Cudicini

That doesn't look that bad imo.

Extend: Bae, Kranjcar, Caulker, Naughton, King (for a year).

Sell: Jenas, Bentley, Gio.

Allow to expire:Gallas, Friedel.

I thought lennon signed a 4 year contract in november????????

Think without trying to be rude some of those contract lengths are just wrong.

Im not a fan of levys but after the campbell thing he will not allow that to happen again.

i cant see the FA announcing the new England manager until after the Euros which of course will cause major uncertainty and disruption to our close season as we wont be able to go for players we want until we know for sure who will be our manager

of course Levy wont mind as he loves doing business towards the last hours of any transfer window

They might be looking a lot sooner than that, if this current spat between the FA and Capello grows. This breach of contract could be just what the FA have been looking for to get rid.

Naughton ended up at centre back for Norwich at the weekend, when both centre backs had to go off injured. Naughton looked comfortable there. We have a very capable defender there, versatile too.

I bet you didnt laugh when everyone was cumming in their pants over De Gea....should have really. Also, from the guy who reckons Schezny is the bollox

So are you saying Bogdan is on par or better than both those keepers? lol

Does Adebayor go back to City or do we try to sign him on a permanent?

I would try and sign him permanently but only if it was to fit in with the finances. If he is not willing to fall in line with how we pay our top players then we need to look elsewhere.

Will Modric become vocal and tell the world his desire to leave us?

I think provided we qualify for the Champions League then he will stay but it might be with a fight, although not as big a one as last summer. It will be alot easier to convince him if we win the FA Cup and/or finish above Chelsea in qualifying for the Champions League

Who do we need to bring in?

I would like to see us bring in Hoilett on a free, sign two from Llorente, Rossi, Adebayor, Remy and Leandro Damaio and try for Marin/Krasic in order to bolster our options for a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1.
A centre back would also be a shout if we are going to let Khumalo, Bassong and Nelsen go but I would also like to see Caulker fully integrated into the first team squad.

Has Friedel another year in him?

I think potentially he could have another two years in him but I would like to see us have a plan in place for a top class signing between the sticks in the summer of 2013.

Last edited:

Kaboul - 2 years
Gallas - 1 year
Dawson - 3 years
Walker - 4 years
Assou-Ekotto - 1 year
Rose - 3 years
Bassong - 2 years
Naughton - 1 year

Bale - 3 years
Huddlestone - 3 years
Lennon - 2 years
Parker - 3 years
Van der Vaart - 2 years
Modric - 4 years
Kranjcar - 1 year
Livermore - 4 years
Sandro - 4 years
Jenas - 1 year
Pienaar - 3 years
Iago Falqu?® - 3 years

Jermain Defoe - 2 years

qualify as u21
Caulker - 1 year

Out of Contract
King
Gomes
Cudicini

Those contracts are wrong - in order to see who has what left www.transfermarkt.co.uk is a good place to go

Modric really depends on where we finish and what kind of moves we make in the window. The manager situation is the big issue. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we are already putting feelers out with Mourhino's people. If he arrives, Modric stays and we will likely invest significantly.

Whatever happens I really do think we need to invest a bit. It is a touch stale our squad as a whole. We have a very good first eleven but missing back up players in key areas which disturb our whole play ie a winger and a main striker.

I want us to get in three top quality players who would bring us up a notch. A defender, winger and striker.

I do think we need another keeper - not sure who though. Maybe Handanovic (someone mentioned him earlier)

Totally agree with that. Not only do we need to strengthen, but we also need to show our top players that we want to keep progressing. Especially because the other teams around us will not stand still.

Back