• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Month - The Race For Europe

---------------Lloris---------------------
Walker--Fazio----Verts----Rose
--------Benteleb---Mason-----------
-Lamela---Dembele----Eriksen----
--------------Kane-----------------------

---------------Vorm----------------------
Yedlin----Dier-----Chiriches---Davie
---------Stambouli--Paulinhio-------
Townsend---Chadli-----Lennon---
---------------Soldado-------------------

Two pretty decent teams there. Lots of games. But we have a squad. Some of the players are for sure a drop down. But we can keep some of them fresh.

I wouldn't trust that second team to win any of those Feb games!! Possibly Fiorentina at home, but they shouldn't be underestimated (though losing Cuadrado is a plus). They def wouldn't turn over Arsenal home or Liverpool away. Wouldn't fancy Dier and Chiriches against Andy Carroll either.

Granted, our second team is strong in comparison to that of other teams, but if it couldn't do a job against Leicester at home then I really think we should be putting out our strongest 11 as often as humanly poss throughout Feb. Get through that shift then have a shuffle around in March once we know where we stand!

And i'd swap Chadli for Dembele in those two teams. Dembele has been decent for two games but i still think he's a liability in top games. Gives it away too much.

Get Chadli back on the left and Eriksen centre (all switching of course!). We need an additional goal threat from midfield as well as Eriksen, or teams will double up on him or Kane knowing we have nothing else. Chadli gives us that option.

Ok so out of the games left and those we have against the teams around us or above, we have:

Southampton away
Man United away
Emirates Marketing Project home

having played Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal twice already.

Liverpool still have to play:
Southampton (a)
Emirates Marketing Project (h)
Man Utd (h)
Arsenal (a)
Chelsea (a)

Arsenal have:
Chelsea (h)
Liverpool (h)
Man Utd (a)

Man Utd:
Spurs (h)
Liverpool (a)
City (h)
Chelsea (a)
Arsenal (h)

Southampton:
Liverpool (h)
Chelsea (a)
Spurs (h)
City (a)

Delicately poised. 5 won't go into 2, but us and Arsenal have less game against the teams competing with us (or above)

Have to say Arsenal's fixture list looks ok. Think they'll coast top 4 unfortunately.

If we in the 10 games that aren't against those three teams then we have 73 points, a total which could be enough. I think the games against UTD and Southampton though are the must win ones.

I think the top 4 will be clearly - Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal

I still think Southampton will fade and drift back into 7th.

So for me our battle is with Liverpool for 5th/6th. Which isn't overly crucial as even if we don't win at Wembley, 6th will now be good enough to qualify for EL again.

With our options off the bench being soldado and paulinho quite frankly we haven't a hope in hell of getting top 4. We are steadily improving tho and things are looking on the up. A couple additions in the summer and hopefully and it's a big hopefully we can shift a few. Poch knows what he wants time to back him. For this season now id be happy with winning league cup and a nice run in Europa.

Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Arsanal, Liverpool

Liverpool seem to be doing well, 6 wins 2 draws since Boxing day, rarely concede, have a formation that many teams will find hard to cope with, Sturridge is back,its all about Stevie Me

Emirates Marketing Project are slowly being pulled into a top four race that they dont have mentality to compete in.
Everyone is blaming their collapse in form on Yaya Toure as if the guy has been having a great season or that he's a leader in the team bringing everyone together.
The guy is overrated and is more concerned about his contract and getting fudging birthday cakes than the team.
He'll be off soon and everyone knows it.

They've collapsed because they feel they have nothing to play for. Chelsea have pulled away and they feel their league season is over. Aguero got injured and that was that.
Everyone knows the manager wont be their next year and he's failing completely to motivate them. They have spent a fortune on individuals yet James fudging Milner is the only one playing for the team and having to rescue them.

Slowly they are been dragged into the top four race and they are really gonna struggle to compete against team more motivated than them.

season or that he's a leader in the team bringing everyone together.
The guy is overrated and is more concerned about his contract and getting fudgeing birthday cakes than the team.
He'll be off soon and everyone knows it.

They've collapsed because they feel they have nothing to play for. Chelsea have pulled away and they feel their league season is over. Aguero got injured and that was that.
Everyone knows the manager wont be their next year and he's failing completely to motivate them. They have spent a fortune on individuals yet James fudgeing Milner is the only one playing for the team and having to rescue them.

Slowly they are been dragged into the top four race and they are really gonna struggle to c

No way. City will easily finish in the top 4. They have far too much quality.

I think yesterday's game for me means we will finish outside of the top 6; we seemed to not have the knowhow to just make sure we didn't lose what would have been a hard-fought point.

We've allowed Pool to get within a point of us and built up their momemtum whilst simultatenously destroying ours.

That tinkles me off big-time as I will lose a £100 bet with a roostery Gooner who said we'd finish no higher than 7th this season.

Ah well; Gooners have given me good cash in recent years
Hopefully we can somehow beat Chelski again to claim the League Cup; that will soften the blow for me.

I think the top 8 will be like this:

1. Emirates Marketing Project (still feel Chelski have an implosion in them)
2. Chelski
3. Manure
4. Arsenal
5. Soton
6. Liverpool
7. Spurs
8. West Ham

From the remaining fixtures, this is what all the teams picked up last season (using relegated teams for promoted teams):

37 Emirates Marketing Project
35 Chelsea
31 Tottenham
30 Arsenal
28 Everton
26 Liverpool
22 Stoke
19 Man Utd, Sunderland
18 Swansea
16 Leicester (Norwich)
15 Southampton, West Ham
14 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
13 Aston Villa, Crystal Palace
11 Hull
10 Burnley (Fulham)
6 West Brom
4 QPR (Cardiff)

I think we can be happy that we are, at least, in the hunt for a Top 4 spot. 6th would be par imo.

I did the maths yesterday before the game. I think all 5 teams will end up around the 70pt mark. It really is going to be about not slipping up in games you expect to win and trying to get something extra from the more difficult fixtures left.

I think we can be happy that we are, at least, in the hunt for a Top 4 spot. 6th would be par imo.

It is on par - we'll have progressed beyond Everton, but been overtaken by £200m spending Man U.

But what is important is that we've turned the ship around and are heading in the right direction now. We’re back on course and clearly at the start of a very exciting new journey.

Southampton won't fade anytime soon and West Ham will not go away so I'd like a draw tonight. 6th would still be a good season. 7th just doesn't sound as good so we need to finish above one of United, scum or Liverpool should Southampton keep winning.

We're in the chase.....no doubt. And we appear to be going in the right direction.

all the other contenders are far from perfect.

Although i think arsenal are quite good a rolling over the 'should win' games compared to us others. They do seem a bit injury plagued though.

Southampton won't fade anytime soon and West Ham will not go away so I'd like a draw tonight. 6th would still be a good season. 7th just doesn't sound as good so we need to finish above one of United, scum or Liverpool should Southampton keep winning.

Almost every season the teams like this drop away in the final dozen matches. In recent seasons it has been the likes of Swansea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa and Everton etc.

It's simply that they don't have the squads to get through the business end. The same as 1 or 2 newly promoted teams always tend to plummet from mid-table to the relegations during this same period.

7th won't be EL unless Arsenal or Liverpool win the FA Cup, so we've got to get 6th (although win the LC and we can relax)

Back