• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Classic 'I want that job but cant say it' quote:

Quizzed on the Spurs speculation on Tuesday, Rodgers said: “It’s football, there is always speculation around, every job which comes up there will always be different managers speculated to go in.

“Tottenham is a fantastic club, it’s a huge club but my focus is here. I’m at a world-class training facility, the project we’re in here we still want to develop and have a lot of work to do.

“I have a great connection with the players, the board and we have plans to keep progressing.

“While I have the energy, the happiness and see that challenge continuing I’m very happy to be here. You can’t stop gossip but I don’t think about it.”

I like Rodgers. There, I said it.

- Did well at Liverpool
- Did well at Celtic
- Done exceptionally well at Leicester
- plays attractive football

The main thing people say against him is his character and that he has an ego and is arrogant. Well, so do lots of successful people. Dele is arrogant, Bale has an ego...and we're hiring a manager, not a vicar.

I'm fine with Rodgers being our manager, but would prefer Nagelsmann

T.his

People on here were trying to say Brendan would turn us down.

Was and is no chance of him ever doing that, if we were to go for him he'd come. I'd have no problem with him or Nagelsmann. I'd even be on board with Potter getting a chance but can't see that happening.

Classic 'I want that job but cant say it' quote:

Quizzed on the Spurs speculation on Tuesday, Rodgers said: “It’s football, there is always speculation around, every job which comes up there will always be different managers speculated to go in.

“Tottenham is a fantastic club, it’s a huge club but my focus is here. I’m at a world-class training facility, the project we’re in here we still want to develop and have a lot of work to do.

“I have a great connection with the players, the board and we have plans to keep progressing.

“While I have the energy, the happiness and see that challenge continuing I’m very happy to be here. You can’t stop gossip but I don’t think about it.”

he’s already accepted it

I'm not sure that really works. Hughton with Jol was probably the best example; but Hughton, Clive Allen, Poyet, Freund and King never really blossomed/ended up tarnished with most managers they worked under.

I think let the new manager bring in his core 3-4 first team coaches, while letting Mason and King continue with the youth teams. If they show real ability, they'll then follow the Scott Parker route.

The new manager can then start with a team he has 400% trust in, and doesn't need to worry about the additional politics of a potential stooge. If a genuine bond then later develops (Mason possibly would have been promoted into the core team in time under Poch), then all good.
be fair,
Hughton was good with the clip board!

I like Rodgers. There, I said it.

- Did well at Liverpool
- Did well at Celtic
- Done exceptionally well at Leicester
- plays attractive football

The main thing people say against him is his character and that he has an ego and is arrogant. Well, so do lots of successful people. Dele is arrogant, Bale has an ego...and we're hiring a manager, not a vicar.

I'm fine with Rodgers being our manager, but would prefer Nagelsmann

He still seems to fall victim to the odd, really weird defeat, but he’s done well everywhere he’s been. I’d be for it.

this will be going up in his office

BlqVjmwIYAAkxKy.jpg

ESL is happening we will have a lot of applications!
He still seems to fall victim to the odd, really weird defeat, but he’s done well everywhere he’s been. I’d be for it.

We're on a gradual but steady decline for 2-3 years now. Someone with Brendan's experience and results will be good for us. No need for any famous names now. Great if he knows cheap players who can hit the ground running and improve the defence ! Just worried that Reguillon will edge for a move out - he's a star in the making.

If Levy does already have someone lined up (i.e. that he has spoken with and with whom he informally has an agreement (if that's allowed)), then will the death of the ESL scupper anything he might have promised - namely transfer budget?

Player development. Development in playing style and ability to compete and do well in various games and game conditions. Ability to make the team better than the sum of the individual players. Performances.

Personally I don't follow German football or RB close enough to have a really informed opinion. I like what I see, though at times when I've seen them they've looked a bit neive.

I'm not convinced they have a very good team/squad. Some excellent players, quite a few that look somewhat average. From what I've seen I think he makes them better than they are as individuals. They've looked a bit naive at times, but they're young and I'd be very happy with a higher risk style.
Pretty spot on. They're doing fantastic, considering the quality of the individual players. Their attackers are C-grade at best. Sørloth, Youssuf Poulsen and Forsberg aren't exactly world beaters.

Please GHod no!

• Tottenham have reportedly made an approach for Maurizio Sarri as they go on the lookout for a new manager following the sacking of Jose Mourinho.

Back