• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Levy will know who he wants.

I think its tells you that his preferred target is in a job and with something left to play for. That rules out Allegri, Benitez, Howe and a few others who could have come in now
I agree this is the only thing this tells us with any certainty. This coming the day after the sacking and Mason being put in charge of training might indicate that something has happened since the sacking. The question becomes why not just announce Mason for the season yesterday?

Levy being able to approach a club for a manager he had reasons to think would sign, but that club or manager refusing to do business at this point?

Perhaps even something has now been agreed for the summer meaning that the chase is over and thus no chance of us gong for someone available right now?

Or perhaps Levy just needed a day to agree the contracts with everyone for the caretaker roles?

I agree this is the only thing this tells us with any certainty. This coming the day after the sacking and Mason being put in charge of training might indicate that something has happened since the sacking. The question becomes why not just announce Mason for the season yesterday?

Levy being able to approach a club for a manager he had reasons to think would sign, but that club or manager refusing to do business at this point?

Perhaps even something has now been agreed for the summer meaning that the chase is over and thus no chance of us gong for someone available right now?

Or perhaps Levy just needed a day to agree the contracts with everyone for the caretaker roles?
Yes, very good post. I hope Levy has managed to get a yes from the man he wants, but it is worth keeping these options in mind as we listen to what Ryan has to say pre- and post-match tomorrow.

Yes, very good post. I hope Levy has managed to get a yes from the man he wants, but it is worth keeping these options in mind as we listen to what Ryan has to say pre- and post-match tomorrow.
Cheers.

I think it's worth remembering that Levy has been burned in the past by negotiating with a new manager before the previous one was gone.

At the same time I think he's gotten away with doing just that at times too.

It's obviously a beneficial thing to do, if you get away with it. But I think there's a big difference between negotiating with a manager or his representatives and negotiating with a club. Much greater chance of something leaking of you approach a club imo.

So if I had to guess on something happening sove yesterday it would be Levy approaching a club about a manager and getting a no, having already gotten indications that the manager would say yes.

But, it could also be a whole lot of nothing happening since yesterday.

You might also imagine that anyone interested might want to see any ESL fallout, impact before agreeing terms. Presumably if the dust settles and goes ahead you could negotiate a far bigger packagage and opportunity of what to do with the squad... or maybe you wouldn't want to be tarnished with the ESL right now?

my guess is that an approach has been made, to the persons people rather than current club, and they have shown serious interest, but want to wait until the end of the season

which is what I think happened with Poch coming from Southampton

my guess is that an approach has been made, to the persons people rather than current club, and they have shown serious interest, but want to wait until the end of the season

I cannot quite distinguish what I think from what I hope, but I would think (sic) that Levy is more savvy than that. The managerial changes he has overseen so far suggest he will not cherish the 'serious interest' he has received from the man he wants to then wait patiently for, say, Bayern to make their belated move. Levy has contemplated Mourinho's sacking and what happens next since Zagreb if not longer. I think he already knows where this is going.

Last edited:

Yes Julian will want to finish the season out of respect and also as he has the german cup final to play.

It is obvious now that he sees Bayern as quite a boring job (after all he turned down Real Madrid in 2018) and he has chosen us - I’m very pleased about t’his.

Expect Ocampos to arrive before the season ends and then Julian can get down to work in the Summer.

I cannot quite distinguish what I think from what I hope, but I would think (sic) that Levy is more savvy than that. The managerial changes he has overseen so far suggest he will not cherish the 'serious interest' he has received from the man he wants to then wait patiently for, say, Bayern to make their belated move. Levy has contemplated Mourinho's sacking and what happens next since Zagreb if not longer. I think he already knows where this is going.

Yes Julian will want to finish the season out of respect and also as he has the german cup final to play.

It is obvious now that he sees Bayern as quite a boring job (after all he turned down Real Madrid in 2018) and he has chosen us - I’m very pleased about t’his.

Expect Ocampos to arrive before the season ends and then Julian can get down to work in the Summer.

I don't think it's him, I think he's already committed to Bayern.

I don't think it's him, I think he's already committed to Bayern.
Briefly looked at what Bild in Germany have to say about this. They too think Bayern want him, but they also mention his name in reports about Mourinho's sacking as the leading candidate for the Spurs job, which to me suggests that it is not a done deal with Bayern. IIRC Bayern usually announce their managers a long time ahead of the new season, but not this time (or at least not yet). Which means we can live in hope, and I agree that we are the bigger challenge. Bayern can have Low.

Briefly looked at what Bild in Germany have to say about Derp They too think Bayern want him, but they also mention his name in reports about Mourinho's sacking as the leading candidate for the Spurs job, which to me suggests that it is not a done deal with Bayern. IIRC Bayern usually announce their managers a long time ahead of the new season, but not this time (or at least not yet). Which means we can live in hope, and I agree that we are the bigger challenge. Bayern can have Low.

Bayern do usually do that actually.

Its possible - I really dont think Julian is overly excited by the Bayern job. He is 33 and can take that in the future possibly. I get the impression this man loves a challenge and apparently he wants to work in England.

I think Levy is working overtime to get his man.

The story is more his current club don't want it to be Bayern, so they will make it super difficult (more open to outside Germany). Don't know if that fundamentally changes anything for us.

So Ryan had a chat with Levy, then took training, and only then was offered the caretaker role.

Honestly am i stupid or naive in thinking that Levy just needs to swallow his pride and get Poch back with the promise of a lifetime contract and a 100m budget per season, with full control of signings and outgoings?

Throw in some Lemons, obscure autobiographies ... think it's a winner.

Honestly am i stupid or naive in thinking that Levy just needs to swallow his pride and get Poch back with the promise of a lifetime contract and a 100m budget per season, with full control of signings and outgoings?

Throw in some Lemons, obscure autobiographies ... think it's a winner.
Look, this would be absolutely perfect of course - dreamland. I am not worried so much about Levy's pride, but about Poch's. Will he come home straight away, leaving Neymar en Mbappe in the capable hands of someone else? I am pretty sure he will return to Spurs one day, but I don't think it will be now.

Back