• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I'm very fond of Iranian restaurants, believe it or not I work with a young lady he was seeing for a bit. His move to Germany got blocked on deadline day so as I say he might be a bit salty.

Met him a couple of times very nice polite young man, crap at football mind.
Wasnt he a record signing too

I was referring to why they had been appointed
I’d like to see a manager be progressive with his teams
And ideally one who hasn’t just spent money
Nagelsmann has actually also spent money at RB but they have also sold well too
Under him they are the 3rd hugest spenders and they finish around 3rd.
I’d say that’s actually par....

What I would do for par right now. [emoji28]

The squad has loads of dross but the manager is not hitting par with what he has.

Reading everywhere that bringing Poch back would atleast get us playing pretty football, did anyone watch the last 6 months of Pochs Tottenham?

When are players going to stop being let off for tinkle poor performances? Seems its the manager who tells them to go out there and defend like clowns and pass to the opposition.

I’m not sure our squad is better than 5th in the league - that, arguably, is par.
To be clear I'm talking about the performances. We don't play like a 5th placed side. Our football is chaotic and rudderless. We exert no control, we have no pattern.we just have a world class striker in Kane and some other fantastic attacking talents who sometimes just do something brilliant but it all looks so unplanned and messy.

All the teams around us even when they lose seem to have some sort of idea of the F they are trying to do. [emoji28]

I'd love to see Poch back at some point in the future but more time needs to pass before it is a viable option.

I'd be happy with either Nagelsmann or Rodgers this summer.
I agree they would be the best options, I never understood the hate for Rogers when he was suggested after Poch.

But I think people are going to be disappointed if they think Mourinho is getting sacked this summer. Even if he doesn’t meet top 4 target I don’t think Levy will sack him and it seems the talk is that is the case. The best that can be hoped for is he backs Mourinho with some decent defenders this summer, and if we do have a more solid defence the attacking side could also improve if the defence is trusted to do their job more. Failing that, and there is no improvement crowds should be back in next season so the pressure will be too much for him to survive beyond a couple of months if it’s more of the same....

I agree they would be the best options, I never understood the hate for Rogers when he was suggested after Poch.

But I think people are going to be disappointed if they think Mourinho is getting sacked this summer. Even if he doesn’t meet top 4 target I don’t think Levy will sack him and it seems the talk is that is the case. The best that can be hoped for is he backs Mourinho with some decent defenders this summer, and if we do have a more solid defence the attacking side could also improve if the defence is trusted to do their job more. Failing that, and there is no improvement crowds should be back in next season so the pressure will be too much for him to survive beyond a couple of months if it’s more of the same....

The other factors, aside from league position which might help force Levy's hand (or should I say, combined with league position), are:

- the internal environment: list of rows with players is growing. 'Disagreements' with Toby and Aurier this weekend, Dele, Winks, Bale and a few others before...
- fans: Jose has been helped by empty stadiums. We might get one home game this season, but if Spurs monitor social media, they'll get the same vibe as they'd hear at games
- media commentary: we're trying to build the profile of the team and selling naming rights. Hardly going to be helped by the negative commentary about the team being boring and uncompetitive

Some of these I guess Levy or his team would be more plugged into than others. None of these would help Mourinho's case

The other factors, aside from league position which might help force Levy's hand (or should I say, combined with league position), are:

- the internal environment: list of rows with players is growing. 'Disagreements' with Toby and Aurier this weekend, Dele, Winks, Bale and a few others before...
- fans: Jose has been helped by empty stadiums. We might get one home game this season, but if Spurs monitor social media, they'll get the same vibe as they'd hear at games
- media commentary: we're trying to build the profile of the team and selling naming rights. Hardly going to be helped by the negative commentary about the team being boring and uncompetitive

Some of these I guess Levy or his team would be more plugged into than others. None of these would help Mourinho's case
Indeed, but as can be seen from Amazon documentary it’s pretty clear Levy has eyes and ears everywhere around the training ground and what we aren’t privy to and can only speculate is the situation with the players. It seems that he will back Mourinho at least for the summer so it could be he’s taken the opinion we have an issue with certain personnel and is going to back the manager. Of course we can argue this should have happened earlier with Poch, but we are where we are and I think Mourinho will be again backed in the market this summer and then it is very much no excuses and no hiding places from next season.....

I fear that Levy will give him more time and it ends messily next autumn/winter. That is the worst case scenario.

I hope that the manner of our Europa exit and the leaks from the dressing room have meant that the decision to get rid of him has already been made and the stories last week were just to try and steady the ship until the end of the season.

I fear that Levy will give him more time and it ends messily next autumn/winter. That is the worst case scenario.

I cant remember whether it was this thread or another, however I think that your worst case scenario is actually the most likely case. We finish say 6th, Levy gives him the summer and then we're say 6th-8th in November along with toxic atmosphere at games, at which time Levy acts.

I fear for whether our better players will hold on for that, and also what damage Mourinho will do by then by shipping out players who the next man would have wanted

I cant remember whether it was this thread or another, however I think that your worst case scenario is actually the most likely case. We finish say 6th, Levy gives him the summer and then we're say 6th-8th in November along with toxic atmosphere at games, at which time Levy acts.

I fear for whether our better players will hold on for that, and also what damage Mourinho will do by then by shipping out players who the next man would have wanted

Perhaps our better players staying another season might be based on whether Mourinho goes and that pushes Levy into making a change this summer. We just don't know what's going on inside the club, the one person who does is Daniel Levy.

It would still seem premature to me, to sack him for not fixing a problem we've had for decades in a season and a half during a market affecting global pandemic.

I think you have to give any manager two full seasons before moving the needle.

Back