• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Has Levy ever kicked your cat, you are getting as bad a Dubai ( nearly);)
A couple of years ago at the start of June he asked me how much it would cost to kick my cat..... I said 20 quid and you can boot away....
He said I'll give you £1 now, £1 after I've kicked it and another £2 if my kick wins the cat kick of the month competition.
I told him to forget it.

A week later he gave me a call and said 'I'll tell you what, I'll make it £2 up front and another £2 if my kick makes it into the top 3 in the cat kick of the month competition.
I told him to forget it and stop wasting my time.

On August 31st he offered me £25. Problem was my cat had died the week before and was now cremated and sitting in an urn on my mantlepiece.

As he put the phone down I heard him say 'Donna.... Can you give Auxerre a call, I hear they've made N'Tiddles available for kicking'

A couple of years ago at the start of June he asked me how much it would cost to kick my cat..... I said 20 quid and you can boot away....
He said I'll give you £1 now, £1 after I've kicked it and another £2 if my kick wins the cat kick of the month competition.
I told him to forget it.

A week later he gave me a call and said 'I'll tell you what, I'll make it £2 up front and another £2 if my kick makes it into the top 3 in the cat kick of the month competition.

On August 31st he offered me £25. Problem was my cat had died the week before and was now cremated and sitting in an urn on my mantlepiece.

That sir is a very good riposte, gonad*s like but very good at the same time. :D

He could just take it as dividend being an owner of the club

Why bother mate, I truly find it hilarious people "question" Levy/ENIC or Joe .. like they (the club) gives a rats ass

Levy/ENIC out? = please fudging explain to me who is going to kick them out?

The fans (even fudging worse with empty stadiums) have zero fudging leverage on Tottenham, zero ..

I told him to forget it.

As he put the phone down I heard him say 'Donna.... Can you give Auxerre a call, I hear they've made N'Tiddles available for kicking'

Definitely in my Top 5 GG posts of all time. Bravo!

Why bother mate, I truly find it hilarious people "question" Levy/ENIC or Joe .. like they (the club) gives a rats ass

Levy/ENIC out? = please fudging explain to me who is going to kick them out?

The fans (even fudging worse with empty stadiums) have zero fudging leverage on Tottenham, zero ..
I don’t want Levy/ENIC out... I actually want them IN. Would love them to inject some equity into the club.... even as little as 5% to 10% of their paper profit would make a huge difference.

I’m also more than happy having Levy as our chairman, I think he does a reasonable job in that position for our club. I’d just like him to bring in an expert in the football field to operate the player budget, just as my company does for example for its marketing budget.

I know the above comments about JN, RH ans BR were in jest but it’s another indication of how hard it is to win trophies, outside of the very largest / richest teams.

It’s why I’ve always had an issue with the lack of trophy criticism of Spurs

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Indeed... Typically you win those trophies by building to become one of the richest teams. Something we accelerated a great deal under Pochettino. I have no doubt that we could’ve picked up a League Cup under Mauricio if he had prioritised it, but he was a long term manager who knew that it does nothing for the clubs standing or finances, unlike the PL and CL competitions.

Indeed... Typically you win those trophies by building to become one of the richest teams. Something we accelerated a great deal under Pochettino. I have no doubt that we could’ve picked up a League Cup under Mauricio if he had prioritised it, but he was a long term manager who knew that it does nothing for the clubs standing or finances, unlike the PL and CL competitions.
Accelerated under Pochettino, but a longer term ongoing process under Levy for much longer than that.

Something that needs to continue, and that's part of why I think some influence from the chairman and the board on the overall transfer strategy at the very least remains important.

That influence can be weilded in different ways. I personally prefer a DoF model, but the success of the summer transfer window makes me at least somewhat optimistic about the current approach and setup.

Accelerated under Pochettino, but a longer term ongoing process under Levy for much longer than that.

Something that needs to continue, and that's part of why I think some influence from the chairman and the board on the overall transfer strategy at the very least remains important.

That influence can be weilded in different ways. I personally prefer a DoF model, but the success of the summer transfer window makes me at least somewhat optimistic about the current approach and setup.
I’d have to take a look to be sure but I’d imagine we had about the 5th or 6th biggest income when Levy took over. We’ll be in about the same place now I think.

I know the above comments about JN, RH ans BR were in jest but it’s another indication of how hard it is to win trophies, outside of the very largest / richest teams.

It’s why I’ve always had an issue with the lack of trophy criticism of Spurs

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Why is it an issue being critical of Spurs lack of trophies? We like to talk as if we are dining at the top table, this forum has constantly talked down the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal etc and laughed at them when we for the first time ever started being good enough to qualify for the CL and they were struggling in the league as if we had reached the holy ground. But the one thing all the actual big clubs do is win trophies, and until we do we are not going to be considered one of the true big boys like it or not....

Told you all that two weeks ago.
His European record is awful.
Defeat at Red imps, a Gibraltar five a side team.
Celtic two worst results in European history.
Struggled big time with Liverpool in Europe.

I read he fielded a weakened team as their focus is on getting in the top 4?

Why is it an issue being critical of Spurs lack of trophies? We like to talk as if we are dining at the top table, this forum has constantly talked down the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal etc and laughed at them when we for the first time ever started being good enough to qualify for the CL and they were struggling in the league as if we had reached the holy ground. But the one thing all the actual big clubs do is win trophies, and until we do we are not going to be considered one of the true big boys like it or not....

Unless you hope to be a one time winner like Wigan or a Portsmouth the best way to win multiple trophies is to build a deep, expensive and higly paid squad so you can battle on 4 fronts year after year - if you don't have that then you need to prioritise. Perhaps you'd prefer we focused on the League Cup and FA Cup over the CL and PL these last few years?

Just to add to the debate about the link between being a "big club" and winning trophies, it is trophies like the PL and CL trophies that make people take the " big clubs" seriously.

One point of view is that winning the smaller trophies will help us to win the bigger trophies. However, it doesn't really give you any tangible benefit linked to moving your club on to the next level. Plus if you have a small squad it is difficult to do this while also trying to compete at the next level. We know from our recent history, winning the League Cup has not moved us on like we had hoped. Mainly because it didn't enable us to bring in more money or hang on to our key players.

Whereas prioritising the big trophies even if you do not win them means more money which mean higher wages, more net spend, better players. That's why managers like Poch do prioritise the Champions League. Plus the lower placed clubs prioritise staying in the PL.

Unless you hope to be a one time winner like Wigan or a Portsmouth the best way to win multiple trophies is to build a deep, expensive and higly paid squad so you can battle on 4 fronts year after year - if you don't have that then you need to prioritise. Perhaps you'd prefer we focused on the League Cup and FA Cup over the CL and PL these last few years?
I never said I didn’t agree or understand the need to prioritise, I’m just saying I understand the criticism and no one said anything about multiple trophies - fact is that we haven’t won a single one for years, how many other ‘big teams’ boast such a lean period? So until we do it’s a valid criticism.

There also isn’t a single big team who at some point don’t fail to qualify for the CL, so there was always going to be a period where this happened to us so if you haven’t won a trophy or two to fall back on then you really are nothing more than also rans....

Back