• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Mourinho’s signings at Manchester United

Eric Bailly: £30m From Villarreal, June 2016
Henrikh Mkhitaryan: £26m From Borussia Dortmund, July 2016
Paul Pogba: £89m From Juventus, August 2016
Victor Lindelof: £31m From Benfica, June 2017
Romelu Lukaku: £75m From Everton, July 2017
Nemanja Matic: £40m From Chelsea, July 2017
Alexis Sanchez: £30m From Arsenal, January 2018
Lee Grant: £1.5m From Stoke City, July 2018
Fred: £50m From Shakhtar Donetsk, June 2018
Diogo Dalot: £19m From Porto, June 2018
Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Free From PSG, July 2016

Total: £391.5m

Yip, as I said, it says more about us than him.

Yip, as I said, it says more about us than him.

Does it? He spent almost £400m to win two cups. He's spent just over £100m with us and we look a shambles.

Small data sample but suggests he's a cheque-book manager rather than someone who makes players better

Chelsea and Arsenal with 2 managers that were laughed out of town got to the Europa League final - people need to stop acting like it means anything.

I'd love us to win it, same as the league cup but you aren't parading it around town and unless you follow it up in the league no ones taking you seriously off the back of it.

Chelsea and Arsenal with 2 managers that were laughed out of town got to the Europa League final - people need to stop acting like it means anything.

I'd love us to win it, same as the league cup but you aren't parading it around town and unless you follow it up in the league no ones taking you seriously off the back of it.

I agree with you. But all our eggs are in the europa league basket now.

...and if we dont change manager soon, then we risk him either ruining next season too, or a new manager coming in in the summer and then us having a poor window whilst they work out who/what they need. All very disappointing

I really can't understand where you get that idea from. If you were a professional manager and you were approached by another team to take over, you wouldn't check every possible data about your potential new employer? Mourinho's mistake was thinking he could change these players' mindset and turn them into winners - he practically said so himself when he was appointed. It didn't take long for him to change his mind, though.

If it were me, I'd binge all Spurs games for a week and make the tough calls before the first training session. If anything, it's more difficult to do halfway through a season. Worse, even (although I know you're of a different opinion) if the player really is the problem, the new guy will start next season with the burden of three months of mediocre results.

If people can do it on an Internet message board, I'm pretty sure a pro could identify the weak points in the team. You don't need two months and a pre-season to make up your mind. I'm sure we could both find a million examples to prove our side of the argument but I know I'd rather start the season with a clean slate than having to play the fireman for three months.

I really can't understand where you get that idea from. If you were a professional manager and you were approached by another team to take over, you wouldn't check every possible data about your potential new employer? Mourinho's mistake was thinking he could change these players' mindset and turn them into winners - he practically said so himself when he was appointed. It didn't take long for him to change his mind, though.

If it were me, I'd binge all Spurs games for a week and make the tough calls before the first training session. If anything, it's more difficult to do halfway through a season. Worse, even (although I know you're of a different opinion) if the player really is the problem, the new guy will start next season with the burden of three months of mediocre results.

If people can do it on an Internet message board, I'm pretty sure a pro could identify the weak points in the team. You don't need two months and a pre-season to make up your mind. I'm sure we could both find a million examples to prove our side of the argument but I know I'd rather start the season with a clean slate than having to play the fireman for three months.

People on the internet know nothing (me included)

- Who (pro or not) could predict out of Poch's back 4, the one worth keeping would be Aurier?
- Who would predict Dele still out side? (after his Jose start)
- Who would predict Eriksen was completely done, even after leaving Spurs?

I think Jose's belief was there was enough in the squad (especially the front half) to work with. Predicting football is a fools game, perhaps if we had pushed the boat out and got Skrinar, the world would look very different, but who really knows ..

- Who (pro or not) could predict out of Poch's back 4, the one worth keeping would be Aurier?

I think Jose's belief was there was enough in the squad (especially the front half) to work with. Predicting football is a fools game, perhaps if we had pushed the boat out and got Skrinar, the world would look very different, but who really knows ..
Scariest thing is the predictions there ...
Aurier is the stand out defender - true
I mean him and Reggie are literally the only defenders we have who can wear the shirt and stand proud this season IMO

Is Ligue 1 more competitive nowadays or does PSG squad need an overhaul?

Ancelotti - Won:5 Drawn:4 Lost:0 For:17 Against:9 Points:19

Blanc- Won:6 Drawn:3 Lost:0 For:14 Against:5 Points:21

Emery - Won:6 Drawn:1 Lost:2 For:19 Against:7 Points:19

Tuchel - Won:9 Drawn:0 Lost:0 For:32 Against:6 Points:27

Pochettino - Won:6 Drawn:1 Lost:2 For:18 Against:7 Points:19

48C0C04F-01D0-4326-94F5-53888323DDA7.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 11102
Too small a sample to take seriously.

View attachment 11102

You should lose points for losing games with PSG in the French League.

Lots of great value for money in amongst that lot!

Eriksen is playing very well for inter at the moment.

Back