• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I'd leave Jose in place until the end of the season and then get rid irrespective of cup wins etc. Obviously I'd love to win a cup, and I'd thank him for it, but I don't think that'll save him now. The writing is on the wall. If by some miracle he wins the league I'd give him another season but realistically that is not going to happen, so we should be lining up the next guy now.

Someone sell Naggelsmann to me.

Edit: I found this so I'll have a read.
https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/tactical-analysis-of-julian-nagelsmann-at-rb-leipzig

I still think when Jose goes Sacramento will take over. Isn't he a very highly rated coach? i assumed he came in as Jose no2 to learn and gain experience.

I can't see it. He's never been a number 1 anywhere and is still very young. I think that he was brought in to freshen up Mourinho's thinking and to connect with the players. He'll need to manage somewhere else before he gets a chance with us, unless Mourinho blows everything up mid-season and we have no other option.

I'm at the point where I just want him to do a good job, hopefully win us a trophy or two or three, and then move on in another year or so as he always seems to do.

Problem with that is that it won't be a quiet end. It'll be a gradual descent into crapness, acrimony with the crowd, lots of rbbish in the press.....and then he'll get sacked. It won't be a quiet departure or quick, so better to start sooner!

You treat him too well. It's nice that he's got someone to talk to when you are away

The ball gag sort of stops him from talking. Anyway he is in the vac bed at the moment(being serious for a second, I have one of this and its amazing) and he is not moving anywhere.

I wonder what goes through Mourinho's head. How does he think he can solve this? Will he resort to old tactics, or is there a light in his head somewhere to try to go a mental place where he hasn't been before?

I'd leave Jose in place until the end of the season and then get rid irrespective of cup wins etc. Obviously I'd love to win a cup, and I'd thank him for it, but I don't think that'll save him now. The writing is on the wall. If by some miracle he wins the league I'd give him another season but realistically that is not going to happen, so we should be lining up the next guy now.

Someone sell Naggelsmann to me.

Edit: I found this so I'll have a read.
https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/tactical-analysis-of-julian-nagelsmann-at-rb-leipzig

Nagelsmann is the guy we should have gone for after Poch. But levy and his obsession with champs league is the issue. It is also counterproductive because I dont think we will get top 4. It is such a difficult competition.

Your better off taking a year off and building again for the long term.

Problem with that is that it won't be a quiet end. It'll be a gradual descent into crapness, acrimony with the crowd, lots of rbbish in the press.....and then he'll get sacked. It won't be a quiet departure or quick, so better to start sooner!
I get what you're saying but all those things tend to happen anyway. Why not try to at least get some silverware first? I mean if Pep was desperate to come to Spurs then by all means get rid of Jose now.

I get what you're saying but all those things tend to happen anyway. Why not try to at least get some silverware first? I mean if Pep was desperate to come to Spurs then by all means get rid of Jose now.

I think he'll get the end of the season given that, per my post which you replied to, it'll be a gradual descent so he'll have the chance to win all/any of the 3 cups this season

We could well see us loitering in say 8th but continuing to progress in the cup. Fans and press would be saying that league form and quality of performances are rubbish, Jose would be pointing at the cups in response. From that point, if he wins a cup then I think Levy would continue with him and we'll get the mediocrity into next season.

Either way, it doesnt feel like its going to end well. Its difficult to see Mourinho being at Spurs in 2 years' time and I doubt he'll be at Spurs in 1 year time. I think Levy would fire him if we're not in/around the top 4 next Nov/Dec. In the meantime though, there will be this general negative atmosphere between fans/Jose given the football will be dreadful. He's not suddenly going to change his style of play

Last edited:
I dont understand why he needs to appease the fans with style of play. He needs though to get results and win things.

Mourinho has had some superb teams that have played incredibly well and at times with limited personnel had this turgid style of football with some success.

I think our squad is lacking massively and should he win things this season we could well kick off the next season with aplomb if he's given a full summer of transfers to bring in his players.

Go get him sabitzer and all of a sudden our midfield is mourinho to the core in terms of dominating in and out of possession.

Desperate to get in a whole new back line in defence bar reggie.

And a GK too.

Who are these mistake free defenders that we're going to get?

Keeping in mind our buys so far in defense have been Doherty and Rodon, it doesn't exactly scream out to me that we're going to nail 3 out 3 new signings for the back line and even if we did - they'll still make mistakes, because that is what players do.

Going to be hard to shift Dier and Alderweireld too seeings as Mourinho signed them both to long term contracts.

Last edited:
I dont understand why he needs to appease the fans with style of play. He needs though to get results and win things.

...but if he isn't getting results and is picking stupid line-ups, like Thurs, then what is the point in him? If he gets results and wins things as you say, his style of play will be overlooked to a degree, but without results and trophies, he is nothing

edit: we also need a manager who can turn £30m players into £70m players. I'm sceptical about whether Jose can do that; his experience at previous clubs is based on buying more finished product players

Keeping in mind our buys so far in defense have been Doherty and Rodon I'm not sure what you think a whole new back line is going to achieve.

Going to be hard to shift Dier and Alderweireld too seeings as Mourinho signed them both to long term contracts.
Couldn’t sell Toby when he had a short contract either

...but if he isn't getting results and is picking stupid line-ups, like Thurs, then what is the point in him? If he gets results and wins things as you say, his style of play will be overlooked to a degree, but without results and trophies, he is nothing

edit: we also need a manager who can turn £30m players into £70m players. I'm sceptical about whether Jose can do that; his experience at previous clubs is based on buying more finished product players

It's the crux of the argument - why would we back a results manager, who isn't getting results?

Keeping in mind our buys so far in defense have been Doherty and Rodon, it doesn't exactly scream out to me that we're going to nail 3 out 3 new signings for the back line and even if we did - they'll still make mistakes, because that us what players do.

I believe we were in for Diaz and got Rodon as an upstart. Dier signed a contract and now has sale value, Alder a stop gap.
They both would have walked for free.

No defender is not going to make mistakes its unrealistic to keep assuming so, but better defenders are out there.

I'm sure Levy was well aware of this and needs to trust him to handle the money. PEH is a player who has probably tripled his value in half a season.

I believe we were in for Diaz and got Rodon as an upstart

Part of the problem with Mourinho as a fit for Spurs. We can't at the moment spend £65m on each player - the Ndombele price tag is the anomaly. Most of the time we'll sign players with the hope that they because someone like Diaz, rather than Diaz himself

Back