• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I think our next manager is someone who we accept will build a team over 3-4 years, rather than the Jose style manager

I still contend that if crowds were at games now, Levy would be under massive pressure to bin Jose. Therefore if crowds are allowed back this season, and if we finish say 8th or lower, Jose might be gone.

Fingers crossed - I'm now in the 'I want him out' group

How can anyone wish for a manager to be sacked and have another building project ... especially since we are not a million miles away from top of the league and in all comps, how about just backing the manager until he runs his course.

I dont get it at all. There are no candidates out there that scream out to me in bringing any success to us with this squad.

The manager needs time and so far he has done a decent job. No one is willing to say who can come in and work with these players and succeed.

How can anyone wish for a manager to be sacked and have another building project ... especially since we are not a million miles away from top of the league and in all comps, how about just backing the manager until he runs his course.

I dont get it at all. There are no candidates out there that scream out to me in bringing any success to us with this squad.

The manager needs time and so far he has done a decent job. No one is willing to say who can come in and work with these players and succeed.

From my perspective:

- Jose is a manager who needs a cheque book. Some managers turn £20m players into £40m players. Whereas Jose plays a system which relies on no errors and needs top, top players to do that. We're not that club as we cant afford to spend £70m on each player. We DO need to buy £20m players and make them better

- His style of playing is appalling. Fans won't accept it, and it'll hit crowds, which hits revenue, and in turn our image and sponsorship. Our games are so dull - even setting aside the big teams, Villa are more interesting to watch, Leeds are better to watch, Southampton are better to watch, Everton are too. Thats pretty damning. The only reason we watch is because we're Spurs fans. We won't get any news fans under Jose though, and he's killing our image

- I've supported Spurs for 35 years ('m 43) but, when crowds are allowed, I'm not going to spend £100 going and missing a day with my young kids to see the turgid stuff from Jose. Atmosphere at our games will be toxic by end of the year

All in all I think the end is inevitable. Its just a question of how quickly we get there. I think we'll have a new manager by 1 Jan 2022

Last edited:
I still think when Jose goes Sacramento will take over. Isn't he a very highly rated coach? i assumed he came in as Jose no2 to learn and gain experience.

From my perspective:

- Jose is a manager who needs a cheque book. Some managers turn £20m players into £40m players. Whereas Jose plays a system which relies on no errors and needs top, top players to do that. We're not that club as we cant afford to spend £70m on each player. We DO need to buy £20m players and make them better

- His style of playing is appalling. Fans won't accept it, and it'll hit crowds, which hits revenue, and in turn our image and sponsorship. Our games are so dull - even setting aside the big teams, Villa are more interesting to watch, Leeds are better to watch, Southampton are better to watch, Everton are too. Thats pretty damning. The only reason we watch is because we're Spurs fans. We won't get any news fans under Jose though, and he's killing our image

- I've supported Spurs for 35 years ('m 43) but, when crowds are allowed, I'm not going to spend £100 going and missing a day with my young kids to see the turgid stuff from Jose. Atmosphere at our games will be toxic by end of the year

All in all I think the end is inevitable. Its just a question of how quickly we get there. I think we'll have a new manager by 1 Jan 2022

Fair enough. But by that admission we will never compete. I hope that we back our manager in the market. There is something wrotten about half of this team.

I fancied Ancelotti before mourniho but he is out of reach now. Still yet to hear of any feasible manager that can step in and work with our current set up.

If we are looking for a complete revamp, I would sell every single player in this team and bring in RB Liepzigs Naglesman and scouts and completely start afresh.

Fair enough. But by that admission we will never compete. I hope that we back our manager in the market. There is something wrotten about half of this team.

I fancied Ancelotti before mourniho but he is out of reach now. Still yet to hear of any feasible manager that can step in and work with our current set up.

If we are looking for a complete revamp, I would sell every single player in this team and bring in RB Liepzigs Naglesman and scouts and completely start afresh.

I'm not sure I agree with the bolded part Gazza. Take Leicester - I'd hope we could back Rodgers @ Spurs to a greater extent than he's been backed at Leicester

Naggelsmann, Rodgers, Santo - all good options who play good football. Santo turned players like Conor Coady into decent PL players, Leciester are top 4 and play great football without spending huge $$$,...what do we get with Jose? Crap football and not even great results to compensate

I'm not sure I agree with the bolded part Gazza. Take Leicester - I'd hope we could back Rodgers @ Spurs to a greater extent than he's been backed at Leicester

Naggelsmann, Rodgers, Santo - all good options who play good football. Santo turned players like Conor Coady into decent PL players, Leciester are top 4 and play great football without spending huge $$$,...what do we get with Jose? Crap football and not even great results to compensate

It comes from Levy who is really acting like the director of football. That documentary proved that to me. He is really to much part of the football side of things.

We really should be looking at the championship. We could sign 4 or 5 players from there quite easily, young talented hungry players like Sarr, Brooks, Bunedia, Knight, Olise and even Collins the very talented young centre back at Stoke who sure might make a few mistakes but if we give him and Rodon time they might develop into something great and frankly that is the way we have to do it now.

We have lost 4 league games from 19. Liverpool twice, Everton and Leicester. All 3 are having good seasons so far. We could have had and maybe should have had around another 9/10 points but for defensive lapses. I didn't want Poch out or Jose in but he's here and doing a decent job. Style wise the football hasn't been up there with Liverpool/City or even Villa this season but there have been some cracking moves and goals when the team has clicked. We have booked a place in the League Cup final, we may lose against an in form City we may not. Through to the 5th round of the FA Cup. Into the last 32 of the Europa. The season may go downhill fast or it may turn out well, time will tell but one thing for sure is that Jose will be in charge until the end of this season at the very least so we just have to face up to it. With Spurs we always get our hopes up no matter who's in charge and have failed on so many occasions in the last 30 years that I'm actually not fussed about Jose being our manager and some kind of anti-christ character. I'm at the point where I just want him to do a good job, hopefully win us a trophy or two or three, and then move on in another year or so as he always seems to do.

Back