• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I think the variation between teams is far greater than that between leagues.

The diffence between City and an Allardyce team is pretty much night and day.

But maybe the fact that you have an Allardyce team that you have to beat is one of the unique challenges of prem.

The other possibility is that Alasdair Gold of Football.London and Dan Kilpatrick of the Evening Standard have contacts all over the footballing world but only use them to put out Spurs news first.

It's obvious the club leaks to certain club reporters.
Guess it depends who reports what first and who follows

They didn’t report the conte news early at all and in fact followed others after (call that a Romano)

I knew I could rely on you. Aren't you a little bit excited by this Portugeezer?

Excited? Not at all. This guy seems like the bargain bin choice to me, a journeyman that Roma sacked because they felt Mourinho could do a better job - that's not a glowing set of credentials. Roma fans are also divided on him - some felt he was unlucky, some thought he was thoroughly useless. And he finished 7th and got spanked by f*cking OGS - if you're outthought and outplayed to the extent of shipping six goals to Ole Gunnar Solksjaer's team, you are not a good coach. Both his stints with clubs roughly our size, Porto and Roma, have also ended in failure.

If he ends up our manager, I'll support him - he's our coach, after all. And in the end, whatever his flaws, he's not an odious c*nt like Mourinho. So just for being a decent person, he'll have my acceptance and my sympathy for taking on a difficult job under the lying c*nt of a chairman and owner we have the misfortune to be lumbered with.

But am I excited by this bargain basement choice? Nah. At best, he has my sympathy, and I hope he does well in spite of his lack of talent and similarities with Christian Gross.

Excited? Not at all. This guy seems like the bargain bin choice to me, a journeyman that Roma sacked because they felt Mourinho could do a better job - that's not a glowing set of credentials. Roma fans are also divided on him - some felt he was unlucky, some thought he was thoroughly useless. And he finished 7th and got spanked by f*cking OGS - if you're outthought and outplayed to the extent of shipping six goals to Ole Gunnar Solksjaer's team, you are not a good coach. Both his stints with clubs roughly our size, Porto and Roma, have also ended in failure.

If he ends up our manager, I'll support him - he's our coach, after all. And in the end, whatever his flaws, he's not an odious c*nt like Mourinho. So just for being a decent person, he'll have my acceptance and my sympathy for taking on a difficult job under the lying c*nt of a chairman and owner we have the misfortune to be lumbered with.

But am I excited by this bargain basement choice? Nah. At best, he has my sympathy, and I hope he does well in spite of his lack of talent and similarities with Christian Gross.

Are you someone who is a bit of a slave to brands? It doesn't sound like you'd have liked the sound of Pochettinho either? On paper you should be into the odious see you next time. Mourinho was hugely expensive with an unparalleled CV of trophies. What does that tell you?

Methinks there may just be a teeniest bit of you that wouldn't mind if he failed, as that would be more ammunition to blast at Levy.

I see people are using the 6-2 United game as a stick to beat him with and I’m not sure how many actually watched it. I’m not defending him entirely, but they had three injuries in the first half alone, one being Pau Lopez, their keeper - hardly conducive to keeping to their original game plan and surely a degree of mitigation. If we were to start Lloris and have to bring on Hart would we expect a vastly different result?!

Roma cut them open at will in the second leg.

I did qualify that by saying "from the outside" and by that I mean judging him on his record.

Now he may come in and be a great success, and there is loads of information about him that we simply are not privy to which would have hopefully influenced our decision to get him and the new DOF.

But The fact is that

- this guy has comprehensively failed at two similar sized clubs to us.
- He plays attacking football but his sides have a reputation for being defensively weak... and that's the area of our squad that is lacking the most.
- His record in Europe is actually not great at all, just compare his record to someone like Emery for example.
- he has no experience of the Premier league.
- we are at a point where the fans are starting to turn on Levy (I don't agree they should at all), and this appointment buys no good will at all.

Like I said he could and I hope (if he comes) be brilliant abut from "the Outside" the optics are not great at all.

And this is not me just throwing a tantrum because we didn't get Conte or poch back. I would be happy and excited with Potter for example and my personal first choice would have been Julen Lopetegui.

Another thing that does worry me about this is the fact that he is so obviously not near our first choice. If information that we are not privy to, has lead us to the decision that this is our guy, then why wasn't he appointed as soon as Roma let him go?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....etegui-move-could-rescue-sergio-reguilon/?amp

might be in luck

Are you someone who is a bit of a slave to brands? It doesn't sound like you'd have liked the sound of Pochettinho either? On paper you should be into the odious see you next time. Mourinho was hugely expensive with an unparalleled CV of trophies. What does that tell you?

I didn't object to Mourinho because of his glittering trophy cabinet. I objected to Mourinho because we had betrayed and sacked one of the best managers we've ever had, and (more importantly in my book) a good man who cared about us and knew what it meant to be Spurs...for an odious c*nt who cared about himself, and only himself.

Au contraire re: Pochettino - I was 100% in favour of his appointment at the time, although he wasn't my first choice. Because it was clear how much he'd transformed Southampton, and succeeded in the world's hardest league - Southampton fans were shattered to lose him.

Fonseca? Roma fans were glad to be shot of Fonseca. For *Mourinho* - the depressing, self-centred c*nt who made watching us an absolutely excruciating experience. Fonseca wasn't even good enough to be seen as better than Mourinho.

And his most recent exposure to our league involved him being absolutely humped by Ole Gunnar Solksjaer, the managerial equivalent of Jermaine Jenas.

It's not brands, it's the context behind why it was clear one manager would succeed, and why this guy seems like a bargain bin hand-me-down who's here because he's a lot cheaper than the alternatives.

Methinks there may just be a teeniest bit of you that wouldn't mind if he failed, as that would be more ammunition to blast at Levy.

Reasonable to think so, but nah. Like I said, we all care about Spurs first and foremost. My disgust at that liar in charge doesn't dictate how much I want us to win - I always want us to win, even if it means the cheapskate in charge is vindicated.

Which is why I'm disappointed about Fonseca - if I was as bitter as you seem to think I am, I'd be happy we're hiring a seemingly mediocre journeyman, because it shows what I knew and know all along - Levy does not care about Spurs, never has, never will. Instead, I'm just continually disappointed at how much of a deadweight he and his boss continue to be.

I hope Fonseca succeeds, if he does come. I hope he overcomes all the challenges of working under Levy and ENIC. I hope he grows as close to us as Poch did. And, since I understand he's a decent bloke with a good heart, not like Mourinho, I have sympathy for him.

But I am disappointed - utterly so. No way around it.

I didn't object to Mourinho because of his glittering trophy cabinet. I objected to Mourinho because we had betrayed and sacked one of the best managers we've ever had, and (more importantly in my book) a good man who cared about us and knew what it meant to be Spurs...for an odious c*nt who cared about himself, and only himself.

Au contraire re: Pochettino - I was 100% in favour of his appointment at the time, although he wasn't my first choice. Because it was clear how much he'd transformed Southampton, and succeeded in the world's hardest league - Southampton fans were shattered to lose him.

Fonseca? Roma fans were glad to be shot of Fonseca. For *Mourinho* - the depressing, self-centred c*nt who made watching us an absolutely excruciating experience. Fonseca wasn't even good enough to be seen as better than Mourinho.

And his most recent exposure to our league involved him being absolutely humped by Ole Gunnar Solksjaer, the managerial equivalent of Jermaine Jenas.

It's not brands, it's the context behind why it was clear one manager would succeed, and why this guy seems like a bargain bin hand-me-down who's here because he's a lot cheaper than the alternatives.

Reasonable to think so, but nah. Like I said, we all care about Spurs first and foremost. My disgust at that liar in charge doesn't dictate how much I want us to win - I always want us to win, even if it means the cheapskate in charge is vindicated.

Which is why I'm disappointed about Fonseca - if I was as bitter as you seem to think I am, I'd be happy we're hiring a seemingly mediocre journeyman, because it shows what I knew and know all along - Levy does not care about Spurs, never has, never will. Instead, I'm just continually disappointed at how much of a deadweight he and his boss continue to be.

I hope Fonseca succeeds, if he does come. I hope he overcomes all the challenges of working under Levy and ENIC. I hope he grows as close to us as Poch did. And, since I understand he's a decent bloke with a good heart, not like Mourinho, I have sympathy for him.

But I am disappointed - utterly so. No way around it.

So if things don't work out, it will be Levy's fault.
If things do work out, it will be in spite of Levy.
Is that how it goes?

So if things don't work out, it will be Levy's fault.
If things do work out, it will be in spite of Levy.
Is that how it goes?

After watching how much Levy hobbled Poch, to the point of signing absolutely f*ck all for 18 long months to save a couple of quid - do you have to ask that question? After one League Cup in 20 years, do you have to ask that question?

It's like competing in a sprint with a bloody great ball and chain attached to your ankle.

If you win, you win in spite of it. It's all the more superhuman an endeavour to do so.

If you lose...well, you're weighed down by an utterly useless deadweight. Obviously, the odds are stacked against you to begin with.

Well, utterly useless deadweight's a great way to describe the liar in charge, imo.

Some clubs have supportive environments for their coaches to succeed, and a culture of wanting to win, first, foremost and always. Penny-pinching is the furthest thing from their minds.

We don't. And who is to blame for that?

It's why all managers have to climb uphill at Spurs.

Back