• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

What I’ve said is if a manager isn’t brave enough to recognise what Spurs can offer... then their not the right man. It’s that simple TBH. Right now, this weekend they can win a trophy, after having a great season. We could have three weeks ago after having a horrendous season
If we want Rogers and he isn’t up for the challenge then good luck to him. He can stay at Leicester, earn good money and fight to get top 4 against teams like us who IMO have a better base to achieve it more consistently.
And as I said I don’t think they will get top 4 IMO. Pool will beat them too it
Big again that’s me guessing what’s going to happen.

on the field we currently offer

A tiny transfer budget
Ageing and poor squad
Expectation of top 4 with the squad
Poor recruitment set up.
Kane 50/50 being here next season

Not really a great deal on offer at the moment.

To be fair that doesn’t tell the whole story at all. Those positions are where they were the season before they was sacked. We were 14th when Poch was sacked the following season, and this season under Mourinho he was given the majority of the season and we were going nowhere(albeit I don’t think we would be any worse off than where we are under Mason). AVB was sacked with us in 7th having just lost 5-0 to Liverpool.Sherwood was just a caretaker with Poch taking over. Jol was sacked with us 3rd from bottom in the league. So to just highlight where we were the previous season under these managers isn’t right, we all know how quickly things change in football hence why a typical managers shelf life is 3-5 years....

What a shock, sadly it does not fit the agenda s ome have with Levy.

4th highest net spend in the league since the stadium opened...

Levys already said there won’t be much of a budget this summer, we will be losing about 200-250 million it seems due to covid/ no CL

Doesn’t seem like it’s going to be a transfer kitty overflowing with funds.

on the field we currently offer

A tiny transfer budget
Ageing and poor squad
Expectation of top 4 with the squad
Poor recruitment set up.
Kane 50/50 being here next season

Not really a great deal on offer at the moment.
A tiny transfer budget? Over £100 million spent in each of the last two years, post stadium build.
Aging and poor squad? Very debatable, avg age is 27, not particularly old and that includes two keeper at 34 and a 31 year old on loan.
Expectation of top 4. There's no reason that we shouldn't be competing for top 4.

Has every other club got a stadium to pay for as well?
No, but just about every club has been hit by covid. There won't be much money spent on transfers this season.
And once fans are back we'll bounce back quicker with the bigger income from the stadium.

No but a lot have very high wages to turnover ratios. That could see them in big trouble.

We have that as well, literally the worst time to have the stadium.

No, but just about every club has been hit by covid. There won't be much money spent on transfers this season.
And once fans are back we'll bounce back quicker with the bigger income from the stadium.

Which will be then?

I wouldn’t hold your breath for unrestricted crowds for new season

We have that as well, non-figuratively the worst time to have the stadium.

Which will be then?

We don't have a high wages to turnover compared to other clubs.
And the next season will see fans back in the stadium.

United are closer to winning the CL than we will be given that they are actually in it next season and we aren't. They are also likely to finish 2nd twice in the last years, again better than we have achieved. I think you're looking at things with incredible bias if you don't think United right now look a more likely prospect for trophies even taking into account that they are in the EL Final with a great chance of winning it.

FFP is dead. The only thing stopping Chelsea from spraying cash up the wall is Roman's decision to reign it in. Even with their more constrained spending they spend more on transfers and importantly wages than we are willing to.

We aren't anymore likely to win trophies than Leicester are though considering they won the flipping PL just 4 seasons ago and are in the final of the FA Cup. You've got a bit of blinkered view if you think we are anymore likely from an outsider's perspective to win trophies when Leicester have actually done it and might be about to add another.
United are 100% closer to winning the CL than us
But their still not close to winning the big trophies
This United side ended up in the Europa as they got knocked out of the CL
And their finishing second IMO because everyone else has been poor
They have stood still whilst everyone else has got worse
Not coincidence that most fob the bigger sides have had their worse season in some time and they haven’t, hence finishing second but a long way off city
And I say big trophies as that’s what people talk about. I’ve heard many fans say the fa cup, league cup or Europa cup ain’t keeping big players happy

We have that as well, non-figuratively the worst time to have the stadium.

Which will be then?

We had the lowest wages to turnover in the prem. We have the highest bonuses in the prem, but not much of that will be paid out this season.

Levys already said there won’t be much of a budget this summer, we will be losing about 200-250 million it seems due to covid/ no CL

Doesn’t seem like it’s going to be a transfer kitty overflowing with funds.

I haven't read anything regarding the budget for the summer - though i wouldn't be surprised if that was the case tbf, but i think it'd be relative across the league

I haven't read anything regarding the budget for the summer - though i wouldn't be surprised if that was the case tbf, but i think it'd be relative across the league
And our losses are on par with unite for example
The same United who last summer couldn’t afford to buy the player they wanted in Sancho
Plenty will have a money issue

Back