• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

What I’ve said is if a manager isn’t brave enough to recognise what Spurs can offer... then their not the right man. It’s that simple TBH. Right now, this weekend they can win a trophy, after having a great season. We could have three weeks ago after having a horrendous season
If we want Rogers and he isn’t up for the challenge then good luck to him. He can stay at Leicester, earn good money and fight to get top 4 against teams like us who IMO have a better base to achieve it more consistently.
And as I said I don’t think they will get top 4 IMO. Pool will beat them too it
Big again that’s me guessing what’s going to happen.

I just don't think it's a matter of bravery as much as strategy. I'm sure everyone recognises what a great job Spurs might be, and all of the positive elements. Just not sure everyone we want would think it's a surer bet than staying where they are and waiting it out for an even bigger job.

I just don't think it's a matter of bravery as much as strategy. I'm sure everyone recognises what a great job Spurs might be, and all of the positive elements. Just not sure everyone we want would think it's a surer bet than staying where they are and waiting it out for an even bigger job.
The strategy that none of us know?
And an even bigger job may be even harder by default, as there would be a reason why that jobs available

The strategy that none of us know?
And an even bigger job may be even harder by default, as there would be a reason why that jobs available

Strategy generally. I think if Rodgers wants to be competing for the title, he will be thinking about his career strategically. What is going to give him the best possible chance of getting there?

The bigger jobs are harder if those clubs aren't willing to invest. Arsenal post-Wenger was clearly bloody hard. Chelsea post-Lampard clearly isn't given they stacked the squad with top players. I think if those clubs are willing to invest, most ambitious managers are perfectly brave enough to go for it.

I really, really hope that we invest to compete for the title now the stadium is done. Even if we don't quite spend City money, but just make some key moves to really kick us up a level, that would be fantastic. If we do that, I am sure we will attract someone great. But that someone great needs to be sold on it and believe it. Positioning this as 'come to us and try and overachieve, if you really think you're good at what you do' is not a way to attract a top candidate.

Strategy generally. I think if Rodgers wants to be competing for the title, he will be thinking about his career strategically. What is going to give him the best possible chance of getting there?

The bigger jobs are harder if those clubs aren't willing to invest. Arsenal post-Wenger was clearly bloody hard. Chelsea post-Lampard clearly isn't given they stacked the squad with top players. I think if those clubs are willing to invest, most ambitious managers are perfectly brave enough to go for it.

I really, really hope that we invest to compete for the title now the stadium is done. Even if we don't quite spend City money, but just make some key moves to really kick us up a level, that would be fantastic. If we do that, I am sure we will attract someone great. But that someone great needs to be sold on it and believe it. Positioning this as 'come to us and try and overachieve, if you really think you're good at what you do' is not a way to attract a top candidate.
I’d say that asking a prospective manager what he needs to be successful is key
But don’t forget we had Jose not that long ago highlighting how great the squad was... yet still added a load of players to the squad

What I’ve said is if a manager isn’t brave enough to recognise what Spurs can offer... then their not the right man. It’s that simple TBH. Right now, this weekend they can win a trophy, after having a great season. We could have three weeks ago after having a horrendous season
If we want Rogers and he isn’t up for the challenge then good luck to him. He can stay at Leicester, earn good money and fight to get top 4 against teams like us who IMO have a better base to achieve it more consistently.
And as I said I don’t think they will get top 4 IMO. Pool will beat them too it
Big again that’s me guessing what’s going to happen.

Not sure we have a better base at the moment. According to levy covid will have cost us £200m. We have to pay the bank of england back £175m by next march and have the stadium to pay for. Leicester will have cl money to spend on a team that finished above us. Our captain and best player might also be on his way out.

I’d say that asking a prospective manager what he needs to be successful is key
But don’t forget we had Jose not that long ago highlighting how great the squad was... yet still added a load of players to the squad

I think that's what we are doing, which is why the reports about backing away from ETH came out IMO.

Not sure we have a better base at the moment. According to levy covid will have cost us £200m. We have to pay the bank of england back £175m by next march and have the stadium to pay for. Leicester will have cl money to spend on a team that finished above us. Our captain and best player might also be on his way out.
If they make the CL they will have CL money. It’s an if though of course
If we sell Kane we will have more money from that deal than anyone would get in the CL
Leicester have funded their transfers historically by selling their best players... kante, drinkwater, chilwell, Maguire..
they won’t have to do that unless a player wants to leave to go to a bigger side (that’s how it happens isn’t it?)
We will have debts. That’s very true. Levy will have to sort that. But we had debts last summer when we brought in a lot of players too. It’s not new and is something that levy will manage as its right up his street

It's always worth looking at the origin of a story imo. Romano seems to get things right more than most, as do a couple of the BBC guys (Ornstein for instance although he never posts anything until its absolutely certain). Gabrielle Marcotti used to be good too. Alastair Gold is usually pretty measured in his views too, and has a couple of sources inside the club (you only get those if you don't upset them by writing drivel!) so worth reading his stuff.

Places I avoid are all the ones that newsnow doesn't class as a top source, plus the star, sun, mail and team talk. Those guys from what I can tell either make stuff up or regurgitate other rumours whilst hyping them up...

Who has got sacked for 6th?
Actually it seems I was giving too much leeway with 6th....
Below is the last league finish achieved for the following:
Jol (5th)
Redknapp (4th)
AVB (6th)
Sherwood (6th)
Pochettino (4th)
Mourinho (6th)
Every one of them jettisoned by the chairman in the hope of a miracle man.... in fact he even jettisoned two miracle men! Maybe he can find another?

Jol (5th)
Redknapp (4th)
AVB (6th)
Sherwood (6th)
Pochettino (4th)
Mourinho (6th)
Every one of them jettisoned by the chairman in the hope of a miracle man.... in fact he even jettisoned two miracle men! Maybe he can find another?
Maybe he will

Reactions: DTA
Jol (5th)
Redknapp (4th)
AVB (6th)
Sherwood (6th)
Pochettino (4th)
Mourinho (6th)
To be fair that doesn’t tell the whole story at all. Those positions are where they were the season before they was sacked. We were 14th when Poch was sacked the following season, and this season under Mourinho he was given the majority of the season and we were going nowhere(albeit I don’t think we would be any worse off than where we are under Mason). AVB was sacked with us in 7th having just lost 5-0 to Liverpool.Sherwood was just a caretaker with Poch taking over. Jol was sacked with us 3rd from bottom in the league. So to just highlight where we were the previous season under these managers isn’t right, we all know how quickly things change in football hence why a typical managers shelf life is 3-5 years....

Certainly at city
I’d assume so at Chelsea
United still are not near to winning the league or CL

United are closer to winning the CL than we will be given that they are actually in it next season and we aren't. They are also likely to finish 2nd twice in the last years, again better than we have achieved. I think you're looking at things with incredible bias if you don't think United right now look a more likely prospect for trophies even taking into account that they are in the EL Final with a great chance of winning it.

Chelsea sold a lot of squad players the last couple of years to help cover the cost of those players, revenue wise we're aren't far away so you'd expect to see similar spending over the next few years, unless ffp is well and truly dead and Abramovich starts ploughing money in again. City + United always going to be able to outspend but we should be capable of matching the others (and have been so far post-stadium) if that's our position in the market then good management should be able to take that and compete.

FFP is dead. The only thing stopping Chelsea from spraying cash up the wall is Roman's decision to reign it in. Even with their more constrained spending they spend more on transfers and importantly wages than we are willing to.

What im finding odd if the same people who think Kane should leave to a side that’s gonna win trophies also think that a managed of Leicester city wouldn’t think the same thing

We aren't anymore likely to win trophies than Leicester are though considering they won the flipping PL just 4 seasons ago and are in the final of the FA Cup. You've got a bit of blinkered view if you think we are anymore likely from an outsider's perspective to win trophies when Leicester have actually done it and might be about to add another.

To be fair that doesn’t tell the whole story at all. Those positions are where they were the season before they was sacked. We were 14th when Poch was sacked the following season, and this season under Mourinho he was given the majority of the season and we were going nowhere(albeit I don’t think we would be any worse off than where we are under Mason). AVB was sacked with us in 7th having just lost 5-0 to Liverpool.Sherwood was just a caretaker with Poch taking over. Jol was sacked with us 3rd from bottom in the league. So to just highlight where we were the previous season under these managers isn’t right, we all know how quickly things change in football hence why a typical managers shelf life is 3-5 years....

The avb we also had potential naming rights sponsors for the stadium at the game.

Back