• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

We absolutely have to get over that.

What if the best person for the job was Arsene Wenger. He’s obviously not, it’s just an example, the slate should always be clean. Any new manager is going to want to do a good job irrespective of their previous employers.

T&C’s apply, not dippers obviously.
I’m not the one you need to convince
But for fans to get on board and get behind a manager it’s important

Personally would love Gasperini. Has done a fantastic job at Atalanta over the last few years. 11th biggest wage bill in serie a yet keep qualifying for cl, whilst playing the most attacking football in the league.
Style of management[edit]
Tactically, Gasperini is known for using a fluid 3–4–3 formation and a spectacular high-risk hyper-offensive-minded possession-based system, which relies on the versatility of his midfielders and front line. His team's playing style places more focus on scoring goals, off-the-ball movement and quick, short passes on the ground, and less focus on long balls and the defensive aspect of the game. As such, at times his trademark 3–4–3 system resembles a 3–4–1–2, 3–2–4–1, 3–5–2, or 3–4–2–1 formation, with energetic overlapping attacking wing-backs in lieu of wide midfielders, that provide width along the flanks and push up the pitch when going forward. He has also been known to use a 4–3–3 on occasion. His teams are known for playing a high defensive line and for being very short tactically, with little distance between the attack and the defence. During the 1990s, Gasperini's tactical philosophy and teams' playing styles was inspired by Dutch football, namely Louis van Gaal's Ajax side, rather than Arrigo Sacchi's 4–4–2 system. When defending off the ball, his teams are also known for the use of heavy pressing, but also apply elements of fluid man-marking across the entire pitch and often switch to a 5–4–1 formation defensively. Gasperini favours using hard-working and highly physical two-way players in midfield rather than a deep-lying playmaker, but also quick, talented, technical, diminutive, slender, elusive, and creative players upfront, in order to implement his system effectively; he has also been known to use a larger and more physical centre-forward upfront on occasion, who is good in the air. Despite the acclaim he has garnered due to his offensive playing style, which has led him to obtain successful results with smaller teams, he has also drawn criticism for his unbalanced approach, and for his team's tendency to concede goals as well as scoring them. As such, certain pundits have questioned whether his system would be equally effective with larger teams
He is 63 though.

That article does say he knew was playing brick and deserved to be dropped, but wasn't expecting to be dropped permanently.

As he's not that old for a keeper it does seem a bit harsh, however if Potter wanted to rebuild for the long term perhaps it is understandable.

Also, went to the Arse amid comments about his boyhood club, so loses a lot of sympathy...

100 per cent behind Gasperini. So what he is 63? If he stays for five years he will get us playing the football we want to watch again. I am really shocked he has not been mentioned at all in the press.

Or the lille manager. You'd think those two would be top of the list.

Yeah i assumed when people spoke about the Atlanta manager he was some up and comer, not a 63 year old who has never managed or played outside of Italy

Yet Rangnick is top of most people's list, is 62 and has only managed or played outside of Germany when he was playing pub league while at university in Brighton in the 1970s.

Is Rangnick not more championed because of his performance behind the scenes for Red Bull?

Not having a go at you but I'm beginning to wonder whether we're looking for a new manager or a new best friend. Rodgers is too crazy, Gasperini is too old, Rangnick is (too) racist...

Quite frankly, I couldn't care less if our new boss enjoys wearing women's underwear, eats brick (Chuck Berry did and he'll rock forever!) or kneels down before a portrait of Hitler before going to bed every night. I'd like to have a good time when I watch my team and, possibly, win a thing or two once every half a century.

Of course, I understand that if we appoint a controversial personality we'll end up with the press on our backs (again) but are there really people out there who think this constant scrutiny of what an individual has said and done in his entire life is really a good thing?

Not having a go at you but I'm beginning to wonder whether we're looking for a new manager or a new best friend. Rodgers is too crazy, Gasperini is too old, Rangnick is (too) racist...

Quite frankly, I couldn't care less if our new boss enjoys wearing women's underwear, eats brick (Chuck Berry did and he'll rock forever!) or kneels down before a portrait of Hitler before going to bed every night. I'd like to have a good time when I watch my team and, possibly, win a thing or two once every half a century.

Of course, I understand that if we appoint a controversial personality we'll end up with the press on our backs (again) but are there really people out there who think this constant scrutiny of what an individual has said and done in his entire life is really a good thing?

good question, we all have our own lines I'm sure, I personally don't mind age or them being a bit of a dingdonghead, but being racist (if indeed he is) should mean a hard no imo

Back