• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I'm firmly in the Mason until an actual top tier candidate is available camp now.

Not a Brendan Rodgers from the office. Not a promising manager fighting relegation. Why gamble? Mason will tide us over.
I would love him to prove himself capable of the job but I have my doubts as he marked his card early for me by bringing Sissoko on in the cup final. It suggests he doesn't know what fudge he's seeing which I find super concerning. If Sissoko is consigned from now to the end of the season to the rubbish bin then he might well win back my trust. [emoji1787][emoji28]

What do we do if Mason wins all the league games? Unlikely, but possible.

Maybe the new Manager can integrate him into the management team.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

First step will be for him to do his badges...

If i were him I'd see if i could get some coaching work alongside some well respected coaches and then try my hand at managing a smaller, stable club

I'm not sure how he meets the attacking, entertaining, forward-thinking profile which levy is reported (and thankfully!) after

Could not agree more, if fans were bored watching Jose"s team Benetiz would have them foaming at the mouth.

What does this mean? Genuine question.

Brendan Rodgers and how he behaves and the things he says resembles Ricky Gervais's character from The Office.

“My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study and that’s been my biggest influence.”

“I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”

“The last 18 months we have been on a magic carpet ride of development but we still have a lot of growth to make.”

"I use a quote with the players,'Per aspera ad astra', which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’."

Brendan Rodgers and how he behaves and the things he says resembles Ricky Gervais's character from The Office.

“My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study and that’s been my biggest influence.”

“I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”

“The last 18 months we have been on a magic carpet ride of development but we still have a lot of growth to make.”

"I use a quote with the players,'Per aspera ad astra', which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’."

I see and do you at least acknowledge he would in all likelihood do an outstanding job and should therefore (if at all attainable) we should pursue him or are you in this bizarre camp of not wanting him because you have some irrational dislike of him?

I am genuinely a friend of the girlfriend of a squad player and he has apparently alienated a few players. My friend's fella especially, you then look at how few of the squad players he uses on a regular basis, plus no major interviews from players saying how he turned their careers around like Poch had when he was at Southampton.

Brighton are slow to progress from defence to attack. They have a brick striker though, Welbeck has come in and been their best striker.

I am unconvinced, but not a hater and will support him if he comes. But he will need to be given time and the chairman should come out to the fans and say it is the start of a new cycle.
This is really interesting stuff. Fostering a tight squad with a siege mentality is great for small clubs trying to stay up...or even compete across one competition (see: Ranieri and Leicester), but we need a manager who can handle a squad. I believe the underlying reason for our lack of trophies is down to Spurs being too big to put all our eggs in one basket, but not quite big/rich enough to compete with the top tier clubs. While the likes of Wigan and West Ham can always prioritise a cup run, they're never expected to compete for the CL places at the same time. When was the last time that Everton or Villa won a trophy? I see them in the same bracket as us, despite them falling well behind since Enic and Levy have been at the reins

Anyway. If Potter's a small-squad sort of guy, especially if he alienates players, I don't think he's for us. The point about lacking glowing references from players is excellent -- do you have any idea how his players in Sweden felt about him?

This is really interesting stuff. Fostering a tight squad with a siege meteorology is great for small clubs trying to stay up...or even compete across one competition (see: Ranieri and Leicester), but we need a manager who can handle a squad. I believe the underlying reason for our lack of trophies is down to Spurs being too big to put all our eggs in one basket, but not quite big/rich enough to compete with the top tier clubs. While the likes of Wigan and West Ham can always prioritise a cup run, they're never expected to compete for the CL places at the same time. When was the last time that Everton or Villa won a trophy? I see them in the same bracket as us, despite them falling well behind since Enic and Levy have been at the reins

Anyway. If Potter's a small-squad sort of guy, especially if he alienates players, I don't think he's for us. The point about lacking glowing references from players is excellent -- do you have any idea how his players in Sweden felt about him?
You know that Poch wanted a small right squad
And Poch prioritised certain comps
I mean what your describing is exactly what Poch did... also down to excluding certain players
And the player GB knows has been a failure at Brighton despite having a big fee invested in him. It happens at every club. And those players generally blame the coach rather than themselves. It’s why footballers are quite pandered too

It happens at every club. And those players generally blame the coach rather than themselves. It’s why footballers are quite pandered too

I’m not sure about Potter for a number of reasons. My biggest worry would be exactly that above.

We have a squad which has now blamed two managers when things have gone wrong, rather than look to their own deficiencies. And most are big name (or at least quite big name) players. I just can’t see Potter having the gravitas, the knowhow or the experience to deal with big players who are established at the club, and who may not rate him or his methods.

The counter argument is, of course, that Poch had to do exactly that at the beginning of his time. We were a smaller club then, though - an awful lot has changed.

Back