1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Next 9 League Games

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by the dza, 23 Dec 2018.

1. the dza

the dza Steffen Iversen

Title challenge?

next-9.jpg

2. the dza

the dza Steffen Iversen

For comparison, these are Liverpool and City's next 9:

liv-next-9.jpg

city-next-9.png

3. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Pedro Mendes

Yes. But do you heavily rotate in the 2 domestic cups? Also have CL.

If we got some midfielders back and Verts we have the plying staff.

But with lots of games, I don’t think we’re always as well prepared - in previous seasons at least.

How we prioritise the cups may determine where we finish in the league. We’re outsiders. But we can steal a march in the next 9 certainly.

How we adapt to the new stadium is an unknown. Maybe because it’s quite similar and in the same place it won’t have too much of an impact.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

4. the dza

the dza Steffen Iversen

I think a big chance to rest most of our players is on the 4th Jan, FA Cup away to Tranmere. If we get Vert, Aurier and Dier back fit, that gives us a lot more options. Should be able to rotate a good amount with those players back.

5. Jon

Jon Kasey Keller

Serious relegation fears.

Mikey10, Nigeyman, MKSpur and 2 others like this.
  6. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Pedro Mendes

True.

Without Dier, Wanyama, Dembe only Sissoko can really screen the back 4. But what a revelation! He can also transition and carry the ball forward into space.

Then Eriksen, Kane and Son are hard to rotate without losing something. No disrespect to Moura and Lamela. They are both sensational on their day but yet to show the consistency of Eriksen and Kane.

Similar applies to Toby and Verts.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

7. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Pascal Chimbonda

Today's win keeps us up. That pushes us over the 40 point mark. Christmas party should be epic...get Robbie on the phone to organise it.

8. the dza

the dza Steffen Iversen

True, but as long as Poch is smart (and he tends to be!) with the rotation, then we are good imo. So make sure that one of Toby/Vert plays. One of Son/Moura. 2 of 3 from Eriksen/Dele/Lamela. Make sure at least one from Sissoko/Dier plays. Rose or Davies. Trippier or Aurier. Kane will get his rest here and there, but we have given him a couple of games off lately anyway.

This run is key, we could win all of those games and if we do, we could find ourselves top imo.

9. Jon

Jon Kasey Keller

And wait until lovable old ‘arry finds out about it!...imagine the colour his face will go!!!

upload_2018-12-23_22-33-46.jpeg

Daisuk and DeanoAustin like this.
  10. Raziel

Raziel Terry Venables

Pool's season will be a lot clearer at the end of that run … will see if they are really contenders ..

Thank fudge we got a few games for the dead cat bounce to wear off United .. normally our luck is to be the game right after ...

We just need to do our thing, one game at a time and watch the media toss off on Pool & City ..

11. imcallingbullsh*t

imcallingbullsh*t John Scales

I wouldnt be too upset if he played a really scratch team in the FA cup and took a chance

However i suspect that with any luck there may be a few on way back from injury for that one that could do with 90 mins. Otherwise id send GKN, Llorente and some of the U23s Eyoma, Parrott with Skipp, Foyth and Lamela
    Play on the 1st and give Kane etc 4days off flights out of Cardiff before training starts for League Cup

12. Bullet

Bullet Paul Robinson

13. Hootnow

Hootnow Young-Pyo Lee

Let's be completely frank here, Tranmere are 9th in League two. I want to the minimum amount of first teamers in the squad possible, plus players who are coming back from injury and need minutes.

Barring any upcoming injuries, Skipp, Sanchez, Foyth, KWP, Gazzaniga, Llorente should make up 6 of the starters I think. If Wanyama or Dembele or Dier are back by then, they'll probably need minutes. I imagine one of Moura or Lamela will start and you can make the rest up of youth players and then have the likes of Dele/Eriksen on the bench just in case we have a Wycombe situation again.

As for the above, great set of fixtures. Hopefully by the end of Jan, we're in the League cup final, 5th round of the FA cup and not far off the top of the table. Have to say, I expect a Liverpool win in all but the two matches against the Manchester clubs and even then, who knows. They've been incredibly solid defensively this season.

Still grates the two matches vs City and Liverpool. :mad:

nayimfromthehalfwayline and milo like this.
  14. Cochise

Cochise Edgar Davids

Really is the wrong time to be losing Son. I'd like us to go in for someone to compete for those front two spots anyway, but Son's absence might make it imperative.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  15. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Pedro Mendes

Liverpool will drop points against a team that they are not expecting to drop them against. Wolves had chances at 1-0 down and could have equalised. Certainly, Wolves were on top when half time came. Liverpool have managed to achieve wins in games that they haven’t played that well in. That’s both a sign of champion, and conversely a sign that they may yet slip up. I would not be shocked if they hit a couple of bumps in the next nine matches. What we have to do is ensure that we achieve the best results we can in all our matches, so if Liverpool do slip up we have put ourselves in a position to take advantage of this.

The nine matches look winnable, but so did Watford away earlier this season and what a fudge up that was. That said, they are the only non top six team that we’ve slipped up to. Maybe we can continue that run. I hope so.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  16. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Steffen Freund

Two things now that are very different to Watford... we don’t have Vorm covering Hugo anymore and Watford won every game up to that point

17. Daisuk

Daisuk Steve Carr

Far too early to start this title talk. Sure, we should aim for it, but that goes without saying. One game at a time. Keep chipping away.

Mikey10 and Bedfordspurs like this.
  18. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Pedro Mendes

Liverpool and City talking about it. Why shouldn’t we? That’s our aim, whether we get there or not, there’s a lot to play for. Believe & aim high!

19. ShipOfTheseus

ShipOfTheseus Goran Bunjevcevic

The quadruple is definitely on, but if we only get three out of four I’ll be happy.

Kenyan Spur and El Guepardo like this.
  20. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Pedro Mendes

Yes, let’s let Burton win the League Cup, would be a nice gesture from us.

Jon likes this.