• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New takeover rumours

Nutter-Naylor

Anthony Gardner
teletext Rumour

Told by a Goon that teletext is rife with rumours of Spurs being sold to a mega-rich businessman from Kazakhstan bringing Mourinho as manager but with Levy staying as chairman.....

Is it April the 1st yet?

I would be devastated if we were bought over by a City or Cheatski type taco. I hate lottery winners.

We would end up having these micky mouse fans turning up from all over the place. No thanks im happy with the way we are run.

It's going to happen sooner or later, Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy will cash in, and with the stadium on the way it's a matter of when.

Would tear part of the soul out of the club for me, but I don't think I could bring myself to stop supporting spurs. Would hate being classed as a glory hunter after the roller coaster that supporting this club has been for me in my lifetime though.

If we want success though there is only one way to do it though these days unfortunately. I would love to achieve a title the way we are currently doing it, but more and more clubs are going down the sugar daddy route and eventually its going to inflate the whole market. I hate where the game has gone, no player loyalty and massive cheque books, corporate hospitality but unfortunately if there's money to be made people will try to make it. Regardless if all the staple supporters fudge off in disgust, a sea of new glory hunters will be there to fill their seats so the business won't care.

After all the brick Ive given Chelsea and City about how meaningless their (unearned) success is it would be grossly hypocritical for me to change that view if it happened to Spurs.

I would enjoy the star players and winning football I am sure, but any success would be hollow and not something I would shout about.

I am incredibly proud of the fact we have got where we are by our own means, and would be bitterly disappointed if that were taken away.

I would also hate to see somewhere like this place turn into Bluemoon

Why would Levy stay as chairman if this happened?

if Levy stayed as chairman it would suggest the club would still be run as it is now (as it will have to be with the fair play rules anyway), so its unlikely we would see a Chelsea/Man C cash influx.

maybe more of just a propping up if/when needed - which we have now anyway with some wealthy backers

high reputation overseas people are likely to have a positive effect on things like sponsorship deals though

if it went all abramovich, then i think id have to turn away

as long as we stay in tottenham i will always support us

would love to see caulker townsend livermore carroll part of the squad next year with smith and rose out on loan to prem clubs and mason, kane, bostock, parret on loan to lower league teams not bothered where we finish.

It's going to happen sooner or later, Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy will cash in, and with the stadium on the way it's a matter of when.

There is certainly a lot more Levy and co. can do with Tottenham to maximise the value of the club. I don't imagine they would sell unless we were perennial Champions League entrants.

Back