• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

Those sketches have the big screen in a different corner than the old ones. Unless we're having screens in all four corners.

ah, i read you post totally wrong mate

has it been said that the single tier will be phase 2 then ?

anyway - doesn't 'phase 2 ' just refer to the building works starting on the stadium (as opposed to phase 1 which is surround area works) ?

wasn't the switch in to the new ground and final building works 'phase 3'

Yes, you're right that building the supermarket alone is now considered phase 1. That wasn't the case initially, though.

Regardless, in terms of just the stadium, we know that the plan has always been for the northern end, west side and half of the east side to be built first and then, in the following year, for the remainder of the east side and the entire southern end to be built.

And I clearly remember reading somewhere (though I can't bothered to search now!) that the single tier end would be completed as part of that second phase of the stadium build.

Those sketches have the big screen in a different corner than the old ones. Unless we're having screens in all four corners.

It's possible that there have been a number of changes to the interior layout in order to accommodate the capacity increase. They could even have moved the single tier stand to the northern end, I suppose.

Ease of access would be an issue if Tottenham was in Outer Mongolia.

But it isn't.

It's a 20 minute train journey from Liverpool Street - at the heart of the City of London.

Actually it's 20 mins from Liverpool street and a 20 min walk through one of London's ugliest areas. Corporate clients will not do that.

I'm hearing rumours of a 'walk' being created between the station and the ground like there would have been at the OS. Hopefully that's the case and it will be raised like Wembley or at least walled to avoid interaction between the football crowd and the local area. If they do that correctly, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Actually it's 20 mins from Liverpool street and a 20 min walk through one of London's ugliest areas. Corporate clients will not do that.

I'm hearing rumours of a 'walk' being created between the station and the ground like there would have been at the OS. Hopefully that's the case and it will be raised like Wembley or at least walled to avoid interaction between the football crowd and the local area. If they do that correctly, then it shouldn't be an issue.

14 mins to Northumberland Park then a slow 10mins walk to the stadium

As others have pointed out, fella, you're waaaaaaaaay off the mark on this!

It's already less than a five minute walk from the current WHL station to the stadium. The new station entrance will shave a further minute off that time.

There are no stations at the Emirates, Stratford or Stamford Bridge that will get you to those stadiums any quicker.

By Train and Tube

White Hart Lane mainline station is four minutes walk from the stadium, with regular services that connect to the Victoria Line tube service via Seven Sisters.
Northumberland Park mainline station is eight minutes walk from the stadium, with regular services that connect to the Victoria line tube service at Tottenham Hale station.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/Matchday+Travel/stadium-directions.page

That's a much longer walk than 8 mind in a football crowd. Maybe on a day when there's no football, but why the hell would anyone spend time in Tottenham without football?

That's a much longer walk than 8 mind in a football crowd. Maybe on a day when there's no football, but why the hell would anyone spend time in Tottenham without football?

The same could be said for any other stadium when there are crowds about. No other major stadium in London will be closer to a station than the new White Hart Lane stadium will be to White Hart Lane station - even more so once the new station entrance is built.

Last edited:
The same could be said for any other stadium when there are crowds about. No other major stadium in London will be closer to a station than the new White Hart Lane stadium will be to White Hart Lane station - even more so once the new station entrance is built.

Like I said, hopefully they'll put a 'walk' in right from the stadium to the station. That way the length of the walk won't matter - it's walking through Tottenham that's the problem.

Of course, the easy option is just to improve the roads/parking so that those of us who drive don't have to sit in traffic for ages.

Like I said, hopefully they'll put a 'walk' in right from the stadium to the station. That way the length of the walk won't matter - it's walking through Tottenham that's the problem.

Of course, the easy option is just to improve the roads/parking so that those of us who drive don't have to sit in traffic for ages.

Never had a problem when walking to the stadium when there are 36,000 others doing the same, and I'm not exactly taking in the surrounding buildings either, more eyes fixed on the stadium looking forward to the game.

The problem arises when you are on your own walking from the stadium to the station.

I guess what I am saying is the surrounding area is only an issue when your on your own, nobody else around and your a sitting duck, when a football match is on this generally is not the case.

Corporates that do the full package arrive much earlier than the usual crowd and stay on a bit after the match. Dinner, legends visiting and whatnot. Speech by MOTM afterwards.

Corporates that do the full package arrive much earlier than the usual crowd and stay on a bit after the match. Dinner, legends visiting and whatnot. Speech by MOTM afterwards.

And when they do that they mostly drive. I've been on enough of these and have never known anyone to get a train/bus/tube in.

I'd love to see the area regenerated, or the transport improved so that driving is reasonable, but I can't see it happening.

Guys I'm not sure if you've seen this article from December

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/search/label/Tottenham Hotspur

Most of you will have but some won't

Awesome article, loads in there covering all aspects of Spurs' finances including the stadium build, buying up land etc for NDP, the new training ground etc

It will take half an hour to read, but it is well worth it

PS - I always thought the single tier was at the north end of the ground, but I don't know why... maybe when I saw this pic I envisaged myself sitting in the South West corner for some reason...
tottenham-interior415.jpg

That guy does a great blog, but I think his gooner tinted glasses make him overly negative on our behalf.

Back