• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

I personally think a lot of the problem is road traffic. If we could get the High Road moving, get busses flowing, get cars away from the ground and onto the North Circular and away then that will help a lot. Shuttle busses to Seven Sisters, along with more trains on Victoria Line and from White Hart Lane Rail and it really isn't a problem.

But I have to see every time I come away from WHL I think, "and they want to get another 20,000 people here??".

I normally stay and have a couple of pints after a game to wait for the crowd to thin out. Yesterday I was in a bit of a rush as I had to get to Gatwick Airport for my flight home. Seven Sisters was rammed. Most times the Police close the first entrance and make you walk a bit further to the other entrance on the High Road. Yesterday they made the crowd go round to the Seven Sisters Road entrance. Massive queue to get in, with late comers forcing their way in as well.

Agree on the shuttle buses, but only if they went say to Seven Sisters, Finsbury Park and maybe all the way to King's Cross (would this be do able?). They could use Airport style buses with standing only - no seats. There wouldn't be a point to the buses just going to Seven Sisters as it would just get the crowd there quicker.

This is true, Tottenham is a total brick hole so after the match you just wanna run for the hills and get outta dodge with as few stab holes as possible.

I remember watching England play Andorra in Barcelona at the Olympic Stadium up on the hill at Montjuc.

After the game there were a few buses and a tiny funicular railway, so the majority of people had to walk all the way down the huge hill down some random pathways and through the badlands and backstreets of downtown Barca.

Bit by bit the crowd thinned out and you start seeing shady groups hanging around, and at one point you've got 10,000 people behind you, then 1,000, then 100, then you realise you better get back to the bright lights before someone turns you inside out and uses your spine as a lamp stand.

I love and hate Barcelona in equal measure. Love the City for it's layout, it has just about everything. But amount of ****s and thieves in it makes me hate it. I actually caught a teenage girl who had just pick pocketed my wallet as I got on the underground. Very nearly a holiday ruined.

I once made the mistake of staying behind for a few drinks after a night game and then taking my usual route back to my car, across Bruce Castle Park. There is no lighting in the park but, as I was about halfway across it, I was able to make out various shadowy groups hanging around. Suddenly realised what a stupid thing it was to have done - in any area, really, let alone Tottenham. It's fine to walk across that park when there are plenty of other Spurs fans doing the same. Not fine when it's just you in the pitch black. I was mighty happy to get to the far end unscathed!

A few years ago (Mido's home debut I think). Me and a mate went into what was then Bar Latina after the match. The Wales/England Rugby match was just starting on the telly. We watched the game then the bar closed at 8pm. Walked out onto the High Road. Football crowd all gone. Tottenham suddenly became a scary place. Needless to say we didn't hang about!

I normally stay to watch the match highlights on the jumbotron. I then take a slow stroll over to Northumberland Park, treat myself to some chips from the SeaStar and then walk onto a nearly empty platform to join an almost empty train. I have never understood the "WHL is a hard place to visit" argument? Try getting out of Old Trafford, the Emirates or Wembley on a match day.

only time i leave Tottenham straight after the game is if we're driving, otherwise we'll usually be in the area for a good few hours - never had any trouble from the locals despite being an easy target when a little worse for wear :lol:

I think 20% of our fan base is ladyboy. Honestly the sheer spineless nonsense about local residents is bordering on lunacy

It's a bit of a walk, and there's some black folks about. Run for the hills white boys!

Pussy oles

I think 20% of our fan base is ladyboy. Honestly the sheer spineless nonsense about local residents is bordering on lunacy

It's a bit of a walk, and there's some black folks about. Run for the hills white boys!

Pussy oles

yeah is a little racist the way people are going on, it is not just blacks that are criminalss you know

last time i was up there i walked past a few black youths on the corner and they were giving it the whole yid army thing even though they clearly were not going to the game, i reckon the locals like the club because we have been there so long they can hardly complain about the match day stuff, we bring money into the area and liven up what i imagine is a pretty boring place to be otherwise.

Also has anyone ever been robbed walking down the street? i have been attacked a few times in my life 3 in london and 2 in brighton once oddly in the train station infront of about 30 people who stood and watched. When i have been a victim of crime it has been when i have had my property burgled (3 times) and my car stolen(1) or been attacked by drunks(5) i just do not feel the crime in tottenham.

Not denying it is a poor area and not somewhere you would choose to spend your free time, but is not as bad as people make out. I come from not a million miles from tottenham and you know in the poorest areas that i have lived in i have had fewer problems where as the nicer areas it is the other way.

Pussy oles

I don't have a problem with the area on non match days generally.

But I guarantee you that if you had, like me, walked through Bruce Castle park in the pitch black, on your own, at gone 11pm, with a number of shadowy figures hanging around, you wouldn't have been comfortable until you got to the far end! Mate of mine once got attacked by a crowd of young lads as he was running through that park, late for a night game. Thankfully, the girls who were with those lads screamed at them to stop and intervened on my mate's behalf. So he only ended up with a fat lip, a bloodied nose and a few bruises.

I've also been on a bus in the High road, in the afternoon, on a non match day and witnessed a street stabbing. Broad daylight. Of course, that could happen anywhere. But it kind of conforms to the stereotype that I saw it happen in Tottenham.

I love and hate Barcelona in equal measure. Love the City for it's layout, it has just about everything. But amount of ****s and thieves in it makes me hate it. I actually caught a teenage girl who had just pick pocketed my wallet as I got on the underground. Very nearly a holiday ruined.

We were robbed not far from Barcelona as well..No point in going to the Police..this was 15 years or so ago as well.

They broke into our car nicked 2 pairs of expensive Binoculars + money thieving Barstards.

Why has not something been done ..after all these years Big Time?

Did a little digging, and found out that the AEG owned O2 arena's sponsorship is up this June. Currently O2 pays 6m a year for the naming rights (signed 2005, started 2007). Will be interesting what happens here as it could directly influence whatever we are trying to achieve. With the O2 simply a UK building as far as where the naming rights would reach, how much for a global opportunity.

Did a little digging, and found out that the AEG owned O2 arena's sponsorship is up this June. Currently O2 pays 6m a year for the naming rights (signed 2005, started 2007). Will be interesting what happens here as it could directly influence whatever we are trying to achieve. With the O2 simply a UK building as far as where the naming rights would reach, how much for a global opportunity.

can you imagine being a sponsor ? you'd be waiting for the end of the season before deciding whether you'd plunk your money down on Spurs or Arsenal. The rivalry continues off the pitch!

Lots of them. Do you want and optimistic or pessimistic one?

We should just unsticky this thread now... Maybe the powers that be will hear about and it will remind them that they haven't provided any updates for a while.. :(

Why don't we ever get ITK about stuff to do with our club other than transfer gossip?

Back