• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Plans

Get fit and strong again - which I’ve started
I’m Genuinely stunned by his after passing 40 (44 in a few months) how my strength has deteriorated with injuries and illnesses.

and of course have a holiday

It seems like a waste just to go back to how things were. Reflection, and preparation now, could allow you (me) to change some things up. As you get older it gets harder to shake things up.

Travel and fitness are great shouts.

Lock down, what lock down?
I'm still working, little has changed for me. I see loads of people out and about that "shouldn't" be.
Shpos are closed, I seldom go to shops so no big deal.
Can't get a hair cut, but then I don't see it most of the time so doesn't bother me.
Can't get a massage, must admit this is a biggie.

Lock down, what lock down?
I'm still working, little has changed for me. I see loads of people out and about that "shouldn't" be.
Shpos are closed, I seldom go to shops so no big deal.
Can't get a hair cut, but then I don't see it most of the time so doesn't bother me.
Can't get a massage, must admit this is a biggie.

I am working harder than I have. With only a skeleton staff in the office. One thing I am determined to advance post lockdown is making myself not as needed at work.

I am working harder than I have. With only a skeleton staff in the office. One thing I am determined to advance post lockdown is making myself not as needed at work.

We had 6 weeks of mayhem, but nothing that we haven't experienced before, and then just back to normal.
All the staff are in so it's not any different for us.

You don't get any resistance from them?
No, all glad to be here. All their partners are furloughed so they are glad of the steady secure income. No chance of covid bankrupting us.
Also the owner is good to them, I'm not the owner BTW, so there's some loyalty there.

No, all glad to be here. All their partners are furloughed so they are glad of the steady secure income. No chance of covid bankrupting us.
Also the owner is good to them, I'm not the owner BTW, so there's some loyalty there.

You sound like a good manager. Going back to work is going to be an issue for a lot of people. Psychologically I'm not sure how everyone will deal with it. Many peoples instincts are to keep isolated, avoid danger, stay cosy. I'm not sure how to reinvent things yet. But hope to. Need to come out the other side with positives and some progression.

You sound like a good manager. Going back to work is going to be an issue for a lot of people. Psychologically I'm not sure how everyone will deal with it. Many peoples instincts are to keep isolated, avoid danger, stay cosy. I'm not sure how to reinvent things yet. But hope to. Need to come out the other side with positives and some progression.
That will get overridden very quickly when the money runs out.

What are you planning to do when unlocked?

Has it changed your outlook or priorities?

Spend more time with my son. Might sound odd after 10 weeks together. But i realise my father a miserable bi polar cnut never passed one life lesson onto me other than work hard.

I want my son to be whoever he wants but to be kind as well.

As for me, just working on my fitness and staying healthy for as long as possible.

I need to decide whether to finally move out of the hood and go to a nice suburb in a decent area, I already send 2 kids out of county to Grammar. The journey to being middle class is almost complete (except being a Tory, that will never happen)

I am because I'm allowed to be.
Most owners wouldn't let me away with a lot of what I do, so credit to them for seeing workers as people and also the bigger picture.
But the girls appreciate it and go the extra mile when it's needed. Not just for but the company. Our business is very unpredictable, about four years ago we had a real down turn. When it got the point that there was no point making stock the girls were put on short time. Never lost any wages, just shorter working week. For 10 months.
That's a company worth working for.

I need to decide whether to finally move out of the hood and go to a nice suburb in a decent area, I already send 2 kids out of county to Grammar. The journey to being middle class is almost complete (except being a Tory, that will never happen)

You in Luton? Where you looking to go?

Best thing i ever did was leave wood green.

"But I can do my job from home".

Would you consider letting them if they took a pay cut?
Most people who work for me can't.

What people miss when claiming they can do their jobs from home is the extra time cost of managing them. It takes significantly more time to manage people working from home than it does those in the office next door.

You'll get there eventually.

You in Luton? Where you looking to go?

Best thing i ever did was leave wood green.

Any where in Bucks really and yeah I think it will be a good move!

You'll get there eventually.

Sending the kids to grammar was a shift enough!! I think it is fair to say that once you have kids, and you do a bit better in life (job/house etc..) that you naturally become economically a bit more to the right. It is natural and human. I will try and fight it though!

Back