• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New music?

I went to see the On U sound system when I was 14 at a local venue and it was an odd experience as I was a kid and I was into RHCP, beastie boys and acid house
I didn’t really have a clue to be honest big it was music and it was live ish…. they had a hit song Human Nature and Gary Clail new some friends of the family
I also got into a bit of acid jazz as I knew the djs
Very different eras of music
It’s why a few years back me and a mate went to see prodigy in a Saturday, sugarhill gang on the Thursday and a Nirvana tribute following Saturday…. Then arrested development the Thursday after (with the wives this time)
Quite eclectic
My second ever live gig was RHCP supported by the just amazing Henry Rollins. I regret not appreciating Mr Rollins as much as I should have.

My second ever live gig was RHCP supported by the just amazing Henry Rollins. I regret not appreciating Mr Rollins as much as I should have.
I’ve seen the chillies 3 times
Manchester … poor to average
London O2 poor
Wembley Live Earth… horrendous
I had back stage tickets so could see what was going on and realised they had 4 extra guitarists behind the curtain
So disappointing

There's tons of great stuff out there. To me it's amazing that I can find stuff now that I just never would have in the past.
What didn't you like about John Peel?

Yes the internet has a multitude of riches. Theres nothing like finding an old record online that I sold at Beanos or the Record and Tape exchange. Only to find that it sounds just as bad as the day I sold it, its the memories I suppose. But yes I know what you mean Albums are available now that were rare to find at the time.

Depending on your taste there is a lot of good stuff on KMXP, The Mahogany Sessions. Audio tree, KEXP etc

What didn't you like about John Peel?

I liked the way that he would just play random stuff that people sent in, but I went off him when the punk thing came along and he started playing stuff that was unlistenable just for the hell of it. There was just something about him I didn't like. I also found 'whispering Bob Harris' a bit creepy as well, but liked most of the old grey whistle tests and the black and white animations.

That's so cool. I grew up around the sound system vibe, my mum's work was in Streatham and she was this
Sexy blond driving a MGB roof down with me in the back and that whole Brixton to Streatham high road was sound systems.
I used to go to the Deptford free festival every year, had some great sound systems.
In the back of an MGB? o_O

Very excited about the new Monkey House release due out any day now. Slick, smooth jazz-adjacent pop. Pushing the plow down the same furrow Steely Dan once travelled.

Last edited:
I released a record yesterday, if you're up for some blip blop:

But can you do a decent wonderwall cover? (That was a joke).

Great stuff though mate, don’t want to reduce it to what it reminds me of but I’m hearing bits of fourtet/ flying lotus / boards of Canada in there. Actors and Actresses really has that mesmerising nostalgic feeling that music can bring on.

Back