• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

Was just going to say what's everyone's opinion of Under Armour?

I've just got back from the states and didn't realise how big they were. From where I was it seemed their stuff was more popular than Adidas, Puma, New Balance, Warrior etc and probably on a par with Nike. It's all types of people wearing it too - old, young, teenagers, hot birds etc.

I've bought some of their stuff for the gym and golf and it's pretty decent quality, good fit as well.

I remember when they first sponsored us they had a great presence on social media as well, interacted with the fans lots, competitions and good promotion of them and us.

Given I think they only sponsor one football team (us) and are clearly getting big (they bought the apps myfitnesspal and endomondo for $550m a few months back) and the US market is expanding massively I think this is a sponsor we could really grow with and benefit from. Looks like they are investing in the UK as well - just seen they sponsor Andy Murray too.

I see the comments above on price but I think the quality of their gear is good and they are a decent premium brand (certainly in the US anyway). They have their own outlet stores everywhere and also discounted stuff in the outlet malls. I also saw a big UA store in Tokyo last year so definitely spreading, wouldn't surprise me to see a big London store open soon. I think the cost of football gear is a separate argument that isn't unique to us or UA, seems to affect every club.

I've just got back from the states and didn't realise how big they were. From where I was it seemed their stuff was more popular than Adidas, Puma, New Balance, Warrior etc and probably on a par with Nike. It's all types of people wearing it too - old, young, teenagers, hot birds etc.

I've bought some of their stuff for the gym and golf and it's pretty decent quality, good fit as well.

I remember when they first sponsored us they had a great presence on social media as well, interacted with the fans lots, competitions and good promotion of them and us.

Given I think they only sponsor one football team (us) and are clearly getting big (they bought the apps myfitnesspal and endomondo for $550m a few months back) and the US market is expanding massively I think this is a sponsor we could really grow with and benefit from. Looks like they are investing in the UK as well - just seen they sponsor Andy Murray too.

I see the comments above on price but I think the quality of their gear is good and they are a decent premium brand (certainly in the US anyway). They have their own outlet stores everywhere and also discounted stuff in the outlet malls. I also saw a big UA store in Tokyo last year so definitely spreading, wouldn't surprise me to see a big London store open soon. I think the cost of football gear is a separate argument that isn't unique to us or UA, seems to affect every club.

Its been mentioned before (I'm based out of US), UA is very big here, and has a reputation of better quality in general.

No idea why everyone so wants to be just another fudging club wearing a variation of a Nike/Adidas theme shared by 90 other clubs ..

tottenham-hotspur-15-16-away-kit%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Definitely the away kit.

Third kit is Purple.

Sweet Jesus, that's hideous.

Its been mentioned before (I'm based out of US), UA is very big here, and has a reputation of better quality in general.

No idea why everyone so wants to be just another fudgeing club wearing a variation of a Nike/Adidas theme shared by 90 other clubs ..
Because you end up with abominations like that blue arrow thing above

I don't really read too much into how a kit looks, every team had good and bad kits and they change every season anyway. At least having UA we're the only ones using their templates unlike Nike/Adidas with every club using one of their 3 templates etc.

Just seen UA also sponsor Jordan Spieth, makes me more convinced they are heading in a strong direction and would be a great partner to grow with.

They are a good brand no question. But with regards to our kits, it's been a mixed bag so. I liked the kits from 2013/14, but this season and last season's kits are/were a bit naff.

They are a good brand no question. But with regards to our kits, it's been a mixed bag so. I liked the kits from 2013/14, but this season and last season's kits are/were a bit naff.

The 2013/2014 home kit was the best kit we'd had in years IMO. Nice and simple but still a bit different. Wasn't so fussed on the away and 3rd choice though. I don't think we've had a year where I've liked all 3 kits with UA.

Can't say I'm too enamoured with that blue arrow kit, but I liked the UA home kits.

Also, it has to be said, I bought my nephew a kids jacket from the club shop and purely in terms of the quality of the materials and workmanship - compared with similar jackets from Nike and Adidas - the UA gear was top notch; streets ahead of the other brands.

Can't say I'm overly taken with the away kit, certainly prefer the purple kit to it. I like the home kit too.

Back