• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

All about visibility. Red on white stands out. Red on yellow? Not a very good combo.
I think that it is more to do with the home kit being used for all of the promo work and will be played in more during the season. You can understand a company wanting their logo used faithfully for this, there wouldn't be much point in paying millions for it otherwise.

I think that it is more to do with the home kit being used for all of the promo work and will be played in more during the season. You can understand a company wanting their logo used faithfully for this, there wouldn't be much point in paying millions for it otherwise.

Yep - imagine if we were sponsored by McDonalds, you think they'd be up for a Navy "M"?

I think they may both also have compromised over this too, in their own interests.
Spurs obviously willing to concede on home, knowing that some fans would refuse to buy it any Spurs shirt with red on it. Some of these same mugs though will then go and buy an away or third as they were red-free.

AIA get their main brand identity plastered on ours; we get another way of selling more shirts.

Last edited:
Yep - imagine if we were sponsored by McDonalds, you think they'd be up for a Navy "M"?

I think they may both also have compromised over this too, in their own interests.
Spurs obviously willing to concede on home, knowing that some fans would refuse to buy it any Spurs shirt with red on it. Some of these same mugs though will then go and buy an away or third as they were red-free.

AIA get their main brand identity plastered on ours; we get another way of selling more shirts.

well the trick to these deals is to talk through the brand guidelines (there's always a manual somewhere) before penning the deal. Sometimes a cut of shirt sales would just open up possibilties, i'm sure levy is well capable of understanding the elements at work and the best angle that would work for the club.

well the trick to these deals is to talk through the brand guidelines (there's always a manual somewhere) before penning the deal. Sometimes a cut of shirt sales would just open up possibilties, i'm sure levy is well capable of understanding the elements at work and the best angle that would work for the club.

I'm sure that he is more concerned about the amount of money they are offering us than the colour of their logo

Screen-Shot-2014-07-12-at-18.11.35.jpg

From the Harry Hotspur blog. Not sure if posted before and too lazy to check.

Should've put the c0ck in the middle. Would sit well with the symmetry of the AIA. UA on both arms maybe. Anyway, vast improvement on the home.

I don't think there is anyone who regularly buys shirts who honestly wouldn't because of a red sponsor logo, plenty who'll say so I'm sure but I don't believe it

also, we had red in own badge for years didn't we?

Would you think they placed the logos to avoid the *sensitive areas* of the chest? I mean sometimes the reverse side of those woven logos have the texture of sandpaper !

I don't think there is anyone who regularly buys shirts who honestly wouldn't because of a red sponsor logo, plenty who'll say so I'm sure but I don't believe it

also, we had red in own badge for years didn't we?

For some reason it never really bothered my until Thompson, and then Mansion. The two lions weren't significant to me until then, although I much prefer the new logo. At some point I worked out that my first Spurs kit, the 1986-87 "chevron" classic, was the last home one I had with no red. I used to buy a shirt every couple of seasons till about 2000, then its been one a year. So I went mad for the Champions League cup shirt, as it was the first non-red shirt we've had.

I might buy the home one this year but the red is definitely a big factor against it.

Did anyone in here paying full price choose this season's AIA cup shirt, over the HP home one out of interest?

Did anyone in here paying full price choose this season's AIA cup shirt, over the HP home one out of interest?

I very much doubt it. The year before i paid extra for the Investec one just to get rid of the red dot from the autonomy logo. Its not just about the fact that its red, its that the shirt looks a mess with a different color logo on it. Its just not as aesthetically pleasing. Even if this years Home shirt had a blue AIA on it, with the enforced **** stains it looks a mess anyway.

Dont think ill be touching a shirt this year and I normally buy a home and away one every year. I just think this years looks cheap, nasty and overly complicated for no reason with too many colours.

Back