• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

Another big no-no is matching stag/hen party T Shirts and especially so if they have 'witty' names on them (I put the word witty in quotes as I suppose people have a different senses of humour)....

I was in Brighton a few years ago with the missus and I having been invited to a day at the races with an overnight stay by a medical research company that I was investing in. After an early breakfast on the Saturday the wife and I were strolling along the front when we came across (definitely not literally) a hen party all kitted out in the same T-shirts. The names on the back were all a sight to behold but one particular hen party member went above and beyond... sporting the name 'Spunk Sponge' across her back. "Her parents must be so proud" I thought.

Well... a bit of quality control wouldn't go amiss, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater :)

(I probably shouldn't say that).

Edit : I do agree btw.

I find the kit/shirt thing odd on older people as well. A normal t-shirt or polo shirt with the club emblem is fine but the playing shirt not so much, especially with a name on the back, be that of a player or worse still the wearer's own name.

Name on the back is a bit cringe. The one I really don’t understand is the premier league badge. Does it make people feel more like a professional footballer by getting the badge sewn on to the shirt?

Another big no-no is matching stag/hen party T Shirts and especially so if they have 'witty' names on them (I put the word witty in quotes as I suppose people have a different senses of humour)....

I was in Brighton a few years ago with the missus and I having been invited to a day at the races with an overnight stay by a medical research company that I was investing in. After an early breakfast on the Saturday the wife and I were strolling along the front when we came across (definitely not literally) a hen party all kitted out in the same T-shirts. The names on the back were all a sight to behold but one particular hen party member went above and beyond... sporting the name 'Spunk Sponge' across her back. "Her parents must be so proud" I thought.

A friend of my sister has a mate who is affectionately known as “ballbag”

I reckon my son would have a harder job putting a noticeable stain on that than some others, annoyingly he's already had his kit for this year, the green keeper one

Well... a bit of quality control wouldn't go amiss, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater :)

(I probably shouldn't say that).

Edit : I do agree btw.

I find the kit/shirt thing odd on older people as well. A normal t-shirt or polo shirt with the club emblem is fine but the playing shirt not so much, especially with a name on the back, be that of a player or worse still the wearer's own name.

I think what GL said here. I'll wear the old retro polo shirt i have, no qualms there, but the latest kits feel a bit weird to wear anywhere. As i said, at 36 i'm older than the entire team basically.

Wouldn't wear it to the Gym or anywhere else so it's like, why buy it? just personal preference of course, i think once you are older than the teams it just feels a bit weird.

Did you get her number?

upload_2021-7-23_19-51-36.png

upload_2021-7-23_19-52-1.png

I purchased myself and my son the new home kit, same place but my badge and tick seemed stuck on and seems rubber where as his is stitched on.

is this supposed to be the case with the new ones?

I purchased myself and my son the new home kit, same place but my badge and tick seemed stuck on and seems rubber where as his is stitched on.

is this supposed to be the case with the new ones?

Mine arrived this morning from the Spurs Shop. It's rubbery!

Back