• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New here - Best of johnkent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we have an introduction section, like all forums, for new users to introduce themselves to the rest of the universe?

no, its straight into the cesspit. No time for fannying about round here

Rest king saturday or next wednesday

Gotta rest him saturday in my opinion. getting top 4 is more important.

Then in the closed season look to pension off the old hero.

I'd rest him for much longer if there was a better option seeing that in the last few games he's been off colour and teams would soon (and some have already) commence targeting him as the slower link

Last edited:
Don't think we can afford to mate, Gallas is not match fit, Dawson s gone for the season, after that were struggling. Having 2 injury prone centre halfs is asking for trouble. We should have addressed that in the summer.

If we rest him for Wednesday then he won't be fit for next Saturday's game against Chelsea so would rather see him play against Bolton.

Hence my point - would if we could

One of the key areas that need to be addressed in the summer unless of course Caulker is deemed ready and able

Play him on saturday, its a game we have to win if only to try and restore confidence back into the players. Next season he should be a bench player at best our CB situation is a joke really.

Play him against Bolton. We don't want Redknapp to be tempted to play 3 fudging centre halves against Stoke.
Defending against Stoke normally just involves heading the ball away anyway, something Nelsen should be well capable of.

Play him against Bolton. We don't want Redknapp to be tempted to play 3 fudging centre halves against Stoke.
Defending against Stoke normally just involves heading the ball away anyway, something Nelsen should be well capable of.

We did very well with 3 centre halfs at the Britannia, I actually thought it was a stroke of genius from Harry. 3-5-2 fails against anyone with decent wingers, Stoke have Etherington and Pennant who are average at best. Most of the defensive work against them will, as you say, involve clearing away high balls into our box, which is what our CBs are best equipped to do. When we switched to this formation in the second half at the Britannia then we dominated the midfield, tore them to pieces, and should have won comfortably if it weren't for a brick referee.

Sadly, we need King for the Chelsea game and we can't afford to play him on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back