1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

New here - Best of johnkent

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by johnkent, 12 Mar 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArcspacE

ArcspacE Banned

So Demba Ba plays as a midfielder?

2. DanishWhite

DanishWhite Jason Dozzell

I am still undecided about.

He's done sod all in his entire career, and now suddenly Newcastle fly high. Did he finally crack the code of football managment ? Sadly chances are against it. To me it looks as a correlation of a few very good buys (BA!), maiden seasons of other players (Tiote, Cabaye, Cisse) who the opposition has not yet figured out (hello Gareth Bale), form of other players with some undisputed quality who struggled a bit earlier (Ben Arfa, Santon) and just pure luck in games ??which could go either way.

That's no criticism. It's not negative to have new players savaging the league, to kick potential into ability or to be plain luck. Credit for that.

All I'm saying is, that Newcastle's position doesn't by necessity reflect Pardews managment fully.

3. ArcspacE

ArcspacE Banned

This isn't Toite's maiden season but I agree with the rest by and large

4. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Christian Ziege

Well twice. But you're right Pardew changes around his formation all the time.

5. ArcspacE

ArcspacE Banned

?

Demba Ba and Cisse have started their last 9 games in a row bar Arsenal. Where is this 4-5-1 coming from?

6. Enter the Pitbull

Enter the Pitbull Luke Young

Ba has switched to the flank since Cisse arrived. With Ben Arfa on the other flank.

7. DanishWhite

Please do not interupt my rantings with facts.

Thank you :-"

8. ArcspacE

ArcspacE Banned

He most certainly hasn't or at least no more than Rooney helps out in the middle. Guttierez is their other natural wide man.

Those are 2 pure strikers he's been starting any way you want to spin in.

9. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Christian Ziege

Ba played out the left against Liverpool and Swansea. Against Norwich they played a lopsided 4312.

10. DanishWhite

OK, so nobody not even Newcastle fans know what system the play.

Right. He sounds a suspicious lot like Redknapp ...

11. ArcspacE

ArcspacE Banned

2 natural strikers in the team = 2 man upfront

Come on, guys

12. indospurs

indospurs Roman Pavlyuchenko

Not right now - do like pardew, didn't he have a spat with wenger once ? GET IN !!! Hard boy attitude and all that, and he was very humble when we beat them at the lane a few games ago (my how things have changed).

He's developed into quite a clever manager and got / getting the right of experience. Not too sure of his style of footy, but that's because i've never really watched his teams to be honest. Will be fascinating to see how he handles the squad with the run in.

This run in at the top, then 3-4, then bottom 3 is becoming squeaky bum time for a lot of teams, so many stories going on and we still don't know the end of most of them. Apart from wolves.

13. DanishWhite

To be honest, to me it looks like Jonas and Ben Arfa play on opposite wings with Cisse poking the back 4 and Ba roaming. A sort of 4-4-2.

Dunno why they want Ba to roam, I'd stick him in as a box player and have him horsewhipped if he left his position. Same a bit with Ben Arfa and Jonas, I consider either to be brilliant wide players.

All this manangers letting "star" players roam around is really taking the tinkle.

14. 1882

1882 Milenko Acimovic

If he brings Ben Afra, Tiote and either Ba or Cisse with him then come on in, the water's lovely... he is an Inter-Toto Yiddo after all!!

But I stress again... Levy will have to stock up on PLENTY OF THIS;

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. elltrev

elltrev Kasey Keller

No. When I've seen them recently, Ba has been playing on the left. Cisse up front, Ben Arfa on the right, Gutierrez in the middle alongside 2 others. The formation is defined by what shape their players are in, not just what their natural positions are.

16. ArcspacE

ArcspacE Banned

Ba has been playing as a left forward not a left winger or midfielder.

17. elltrev

elltrev Kasey Keller

Whatever you want to call it, it's not a 4-4-2! Ba has been getting goal-side of their right-back when Newcastle don't have possession.

18. ArcspacE

ArcspacE Banned

It's not a matter of 'calling it' - it is what is is. 2 strikers working off each-other. Cisse on the last man, Ba working the gap behind him, winning balls, using his strength to feed the channels, etc.

You do not play 2 natural strikers in a 4-5-1. No science here, mate

19. elltrev

elltrev Kasey Keller

Well this isn't going anywhere... the original point was that Pardew always played 4-4-2. Recently their system has changed, as when Newcastle don't have the ball, Ba shifts to the left and Gutierrez comes inside, giving them a more solid 4-5-1 defensive base.

20. ArcspacE

ArcspacE Banned

Well, he has started both Cisse and Big Ba for their last 9 consecutive games bar Arsenal so I'd maintain my original stance of 2 men upfront.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.