• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

I think the headline is designed to elicit this exact response. Do you not think that someone in the Sun didn't realise this was gonna kick off a social media brickstorm. It's all about copy and this brick sells.

Not in Liverpool it doesn't.

I think given the present environment re: the Murdoch press, doing this is very dangerous. You never quite know when the public will take offence at something and revolt. And if it's about sales, why not make the whole front and back page a single poster-type pull-out thing, full of images of George's Cross, with Roy's pic standing in front of Wembley and some patriotic nonsense as the headline? Just as many sales I'd imagine and much better PR than insulting the man out of the gate. Day 1, taking the tinkle already! A lot of people could be seriously switched off by that.

THE wretched life of Roy Hodgson has finally hit rock bottom with his appointment as England manager.

Hodgson's downward spiral reached its inevitable destination last night when he received a telephone call from the Football Association asking him to 'come in for a chat'.

His care worker, Martin Bishop, said: "I was worried this might happen. He's so vulnerable.

"I suppose the alarm bells started ringing when he became manager of Liverpool. I tried to get him a job in the McDonalds on the high street but they said they'd had a few bad experiences with Liverpool managers.

"Apparently Graeme Souness used to pelt the customers with frozen baps.

"Anyway, I stood by him until one day he phoned me up and said he was going to manage West Bromwich Albion. I said to him 'Roy, you're better than that - why not stay home, watch telly all day and soil yourself?'.

"And now he has to do this awful job that clearly no-one else wanted."

Hodgson began his football management career in 1976 managing fine Swedish teams including Halmstad, Oddevold and Malmo. He even managed Inter Milan twice, but after a severe blow to the head his faculties became impaired and he signed a contract with Fulham.

Bishop added: "That was the beginning of the end. Since then it has been a steady descent, each job more demeaning than the last.

"He used to live in Switzerland you know. It's such a shame."

[video=youtube;UHYO3qdFnhg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UHYO3qdFnhg[/video]

Not in Liverpool it doesn't.

I think given the present environment re: the Murdoch press, doing this is very dangerous. You never quite know when the public will take offence at something and revolt. And if it's about sales, why not make the whole front and back page a single poster-type pull-out thing, full of images of George's Cross, with Roy's pic standing in front of Wembley and some patriotic nonsense as the headline? Just as many sales I'd imagine and much better PR than insulting the man out of the gate. Day 1, taking the tinkle already! A lot of people could be seriously switched off by that.

Well maybe they don't sell much up in Liverpool (for obvious reasons) but it has the highest circulation of any paper in the UK. Sad but true. I think it's debatable what would sell more copies but I'd say the editor of the Sun does. I'd be surprised if this wasn't a calculated risk of sorts they have taken. For every person that is aghast at the headline there are two macarons behind them in the queue who will buy it for one stupid reason or another. Maybe even to look at the headline and feign indignation at how low the gutter press has sunk. It's just my opinion mind.

Jesus Steff, could you have made that post sound any more patronising?

Can't win Mick...you try to be honest and polite and it comes across as patronizing? I think you're too used to people not being honest or self-accountable here mate. I was being very serious and as genuine as I can be.

Can't win Mick...you try to be honest and polite and it comes across as patronizing? I think you're too used to people not being honest or self-accountable here mate. I was being very serious and as genuine as I can be.

Thats the way it read, sorry. I don't doubt it was sincere, but it didn't read to well.

Much like your fealty remark. Condescending to suggest that people slavishly follow or support the guy blindly and without reason. Maybe some do, but I doubt it somehow.

Much like I doubt that everyone in the anti camp has exactly the same depth of feeling or antipathy.

The Sun today have now come out with a front page with Jonathan "Wossy" Ross, saying that he doesn't understand what all the fuss about taking the tinkle out of Roy's speech impediment. They really are pathetic tossers, how about reporting some fudging NEWS

The Sun today have now come out with a front page with Jonathan "Wossy" Ross, saying that he doesn't understand what all the fuss about taking the tinkle out of Roy's speech impediment. They really are pathetic tossers, how about reporting some fudging NEWS

And secondly, there is the possibility that The Sun have been a little creative with what Ross actually said. For when asked about the front page on Twitter, he wrote:

'I haven't seen it but I didn't support them. Just said it didn't bother me when people made jokes about my speech. And it doesn't.'

:ross: Oh deary me, The Sun. Deary me.

And secondly, there is the possibility that The Sun have been a little creative with what Ross actually said. For when asked about the front page on Twitter, he wrote:

'I haven't seen it but I didn't support them. Just said it didn't bother me when people made jokes about my speech. And it doesn't.'

Couldn't make it up

Wow. What fudging scumbags they are.

The Sun and News is a contradiction in terms!

Dammit!! I'm all choked up now!!

MUST------NOT------CRY!

What the hell I love you too.

p.s. Harry's a c*nt, but i'll let him off if we get Champs League.

p.p.s maybe

Mick used to send me nonsense like this too, its normally after he has calmed down from his obnoxious holier than thou attitude. Seeing this stuff quoted from him serves me with a great reminder why I have him on my ignore list on the first place.

Mick used to send me nonsense like this too, its normally after he has calmed down from his obnoxious holier than thou attitude. Seeing this stuff quoted from him serves me with a great reminder why I have him on my ignore list on the first place.

If he's on your ignore list, please use it for it's intended purpose and stop riling each other.

'
Doesn't surprise me one bit. Our press do not know the meaning of the word "accountability". They probably thought it was "in the country's best interest".

Thats the way it read, sorry. I don't doubt it was sincere, but it didn't read to well.

Much like your fealty remark. Condescending to suggest that people slavishly follow or support the guy blindly and without reason. Maybe some do, but I doubt it somehow.

Much like I doubt that everyone in the anti camp has exactly the same depth of feeling or antipathy.

At the risk of sounding patronizing instead of honest (!!!!) your last sentence is 100% right ( the stuff before it is simply the product of too much GG reading!)...I have been very, very clear on my problems with Harry. Play round pegs in round holes and do the things you do well, err, well! Last night, for the first time in 6 weeks or so, I saw our wide men stay wide and on their respective flanks. We won 4-1. This is not rocket science. The England skirt-hitch affected everything. And you know the worst of it? If he'd simply been honest, I'd have got it...anyway, as I always say, he and the team have my support 100%...COYS!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...t-Harry-Redknapp-was-Englands-top-choice.html

Germany enforcer Bastian Schweinsteiger, his Bayern Munich boss Jupp Heynckes and international skipper Philipp Lahm were scratching their heads.

Schweinsteiger said: “The work Redknapp has done at Tottenham is perfect. The other one, I don’t know.

“I hope he will bring the national team of England back to the top because it is a footballing nation and England should be one of the top teams in the world.”

Asked if he had at least heard of Hodgson, Schweinsteiger added: “Yes, but I can’t tell you anything about what he’s like with players, or how he trains them.

“I’ve heard more about Harry Redknapp because, with Tottenham, he played really good football, especially in the Champions League last season.”

Back