• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Netflix vs Love film

Boonie

Gus Poyet
Anyone have either or both?

Which one is better?

I have been looking at these as a replacement to Sky movies as I reckon they will offer better content and all the TV shows I like too! I download all of the latest releases so I am not too worried there, its just nice to have movies to watch easily on the TV.

Have signed up for a months trial today so will have a play tonight but going by the web sites it looks like Netflix has the better content to me.

I got a lovefilm free trial from Marky on here AGES ago. I pay £5.99 a month, I get unlimited DVD/Blu ray rentals and a few hours of the online service which I've never used.

You can go at your own pace, I always have a disc to watch as their turn around is really quick.

When I get a smart TV I'll end up going the streaming route but until then I'm more than happy with the discs, I'd recommend it.

Not using the mail service, just streaming.

It is a lot more limited then, especially when it comes to new releases. I'm currently having to watch Dexter via the mail service as it isn't available via streaming for example. None of the HBO shows are available either.

This is in the US though. Might be different in the UK.

torrents are too much of a hassle for me, my time is worth more than the £4 I can save, iTunes is easier

Torrents for the big releases I want to keep in 1080p and the streaming sites for the missus and kids to use.

We watched an HD film from Love Film last night and I was impressed with the quality plus it didnt buffer once. I do have 60 meg broadband though.

I use Netflix and think its great. I signed up to Lovefilm last month to see if it was better, its not. Also with Netflix you can combine it with this bad boy http://www.unblock-us.com/ and flick between US netflix & UK netflix. The other great think about Netflix is they are starting to produce their own shows and making them Netflix exclusive. For example House of Cards with Kevin Spacey has been amazing. They're also bringing back a new season of Arrested Development, again, exclusively for Netflix.

Just noticed you said its for the kids. With Unblock US you can switch to the Mexico Netflix which has a deal to show all the Disney movies. They are all in English too

Last edited:
Have got Netflix, It is alright. I have watched pretty much everything on it though that i want to. It's going to be mostly about personal choice, which shows you want to watch and which streaming site carries them.

At some point i hope one buys the other out and they combine, because it's annoying as fudge this way round. Makes torrenting look the better option.

Have to say, I hope Netflix go under. I like watching blu rays on an HD tv, not the same having to watch films on a small laptop. I know what people will say "you can watch it through your tv", but it's not the same quality. Plus they don't even have later seasons of some programs.

Agreed there's no substitution for Blu-Ray in terms of picture and sound quality, but when you're sat at home and see there's nothing worth watching on any of Skys 600+ channels which I'm paying £55 a month for, I think Netflix is great. And its only going to get better with a larger library and more exclusives. I think its harsh to say you hope any company goes under, especially in the current climate.

Have to say, I hope Netflix go under. I like watching blu rays on an HD tv, not the same having to watch films on a small laptop. I know what people will say "you can watch it through your tv", but it's not the same quality. Plus they don't even have later seasons of some programs.

Not true. Get the Unblock us subscription and US netflix already outputs at super HD (read 1080p), on its way to UK service too.

Also US service has started to stream some 3D content.

Btw Brazilian Netflix is best for movies.

You can download a 1080p film in no time at all with a decent connection - hardly a hassle is it?

thats what i do, to my apple tv, and it starts playing almost straight away

it's not a connection issue, it's finding the torrent in the first place, downloading it, transferring it to the media player, remembering to delete it after watching it, putting up with the property of whatever studio banners that appear, thats the hassle

Back