• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

NEOM

My mate worked in Saudi for a couple of years, earning loads.
He would fly back on a Thurs to spend Fri Sat Sun at home with the family, then fly back out for 11 days or whatever and repeat.
He lost his job in April, I think he was in oil and thus when that crashed and COVID it all went bad... but he would do it again.

He says the only insane thing to watch out for is that they have "sons of the CEO" and "sons of Prince Blah" and "the son of the Sultan of Blah" working in these companies.

He was in charge of a team of 20 people and various of them walked up to him on day 1 and said effectively "I am the Son of Mohammed Bin Blah Blah and he is the CEO / Head of HR / Senior Exec and if you ask me to do any work I will have you sacked immediately" i.e. don't you even dare ask me to do something.

He thought they might be bluffing but no, it was true. They would genuinely swan about all day doing zero, just chatting and messing around and having looooooong lunches and talking and never did any work for the whole time he was there. It is just how they do things.

You should definitely take their cash, all governments are corrupt, all companies are corrupt, you would work for HSBC so you should work for Saudi.

Cheers, all much appreciated.

Looks like the first year would be working from the UK anyway, I am warming to the idea but they are gonna have to stump up some serious wedge

He would fly back on a Thurs to spend Fri Sat Sun at home with the family, then fly back out for 11 days or whatever and repeat.
He lost his job in April, I think he was in oil and thus when that crashed and COVID it all went bad... but he would do it again.

He says the only insane thing to watch out for is that they have "sons of the CEO" and "sons of Prince Blah" and "the son of the Sultan of Blah" working in these companies.

He was in charge of a team of 20 people and various of them walked up to him on day 1 and said effectively "I am the Son of Mohammed Bin Blah Blah and he is the CEO / Head of HR / Senior Exec and if you ask me to do any work I will have you sacked immediately" i.e. don't you even dare ask me to do something.

He thought they might be bluffing but no, it was true. They would genuinely swan about all day doing zero, just chatting and messing around and having looooooong lunches and talking and never did any work for the whole time he was there. It is just how they do things.

You should definitely take their cash, all governments are corrupt, all companies are corrupt, you would work for HSBC so you should work for Saudi.

A country where heads of HR have any clout is even worse than a theocracy.

Would you be out there on your own or with someone?
The FD I knew out there was petrified Gwen the let women drive for his daughters in case they crashed. Not because they would have any harm come for them but more because a man can’t speak to a woman there on any level and the impasse would be the problem

We had that in Dubai, was called Emiratisation where companies had to employ locals who usually were connected. Was awkward as usually lazy but also would spy too.

Back