1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Ndombele

Discussion in 'Transfer Archives' started by Bedfordspurs, 2 Jun 2018.

1. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Simon Davies

When did Eriksen pass on Chelsea or City?

2. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Tom Huddlestone

Im sure that said Hazard the first time I read it

3. braineclipse

braineclipse Andy Thompson

Pay cheque will mostly be the deciding factor if the difference is large enough. But how large must that difference be to make it the deciding factor?

I think now perhaps we can pay enough to make it a factor with less impact. More than 5% of the time.

4. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Justin Edinburgh

Exactly

5. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Luka Modric

That world following is also quite fickle IMO

Having travelled a lot it’s amazing How many “new” city fans there are... they were United not that long ago

6. nayimfromthehalfwayline

It is, but in Utds case it extremely well established on the back of decades of success.

Fickle, but not likely to jump ship quite so soon IMO.

7. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Luka Modric

Sure people thought that when city came on the scene

8. Dicko

Dicko Kasey Keller

Apparently (Heard it on the radio), before he left Denmark he went round and met several clubs, Chelsea being one of them. He chose Ajax as they knew he could probably play 150odd games before he was 21. Something he wouldn't have got at Chelsea or in one of the other big leagues.

9. Robbo

Robbo Steve Carr

I wonder whether us being in the CL final - or even better, winning it - will make us more appealing to players?

10. Rorschach

Rorschach Erik Thorstvedt

Without a doubt.

11. Gazza

Gazza Mauricio Taricco

Not when they are offered the levy contract and wages

12. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Naybet

Pretty interesting looking back that we got Eriksen after missing out on Willian. Really worked out in our favour that.

nayenezgani likes this.
  13. alekaras

alekaras The ITK of IDK

I don't think it was an either/or. We'd have gotten Eriksen even if we had signed Willian.

14. Raziel

Raziel Steve Carr

Decisions are never one thing ..

Wages, CL football, location, facilities, manager stability, chance to be recognized or play for their national team, lack of drama, general perception of club (on up or down)

When you go through that list, we would rate quite highly on a lot

And sure, some players may say fudge it, all I care about is the first one, I'd say they are exactly the type of player we don't want.

15. nayimfromthehalfwayline

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has stated his preference for star midfielder Tanguy Ndombele.

Ndombele is a reported target for Tottenham Hotspur, with The Mail reporting he has a £87 million (100m euros) asking price.

Aulas told Sport France he wants Ndombele to stay in France, but admits it will ultimately be up to the player to decide.

He said: "If PSG agrees to align with the two or three proposals we have, and that Tanguy, who will ultimately choose his destination, agrees, obviously it would be nice if he goes to PSG.

"I think that talented French players must be in French clubs. The PSG is the one with the most resources. It is the one who can make alternative proposals to the biggest European clubs."

Lyon's deference to PSG is sad in a sense. Long gone are the days when Lyon used to dominate French football in the early 2000s, and now they are content to defer their best player to the reigning champions.

What is interesting about Aulas' comments is that he appears to state Lyon already have offers.

L'Equipe reported last week that Ndombele has a provisional offer from Tottenham on the table, but it is unclear if the Premier League side have made a formal approach to PSG.

The defensive midfielder would be an outstanding signing for any club, but you have to consider PSG as favourites at this stage.

16. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Vedran Corluka

I doubt we will release any signing news before this time next week, but I think him and Anderson are looking likely.
    Expect a RB and another forward to follow.

17. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Sean Davis

It would not surprise me if he is waiting so see the result on Saturday before he makes a decision, I think this also goes for a few of the big names we have, rightly or wrongly, been linked with.

18. AdamB

AdamB Ian Walker

I'm not sure that the result in one game makes the slightest difference. He'd either be interested in us and what we can offer, both on the pitch and financially, or he wouldn't

I'd think that players might more wait to see whether we're planning to be competitive in the transfer market this summer, given the last two windows, before they agree to join us given that an up and coming player would want to join a team with ambition

19. P.D.

P.D. Milija Aleksic

Hazard changed his opinion after Chelsea won the CL but I generally agree with the post, we're either attractive or not. The result in a one off game shouldn't change anything.

20. FatBloke

FatBloke Milenko Acimovic

Wasn't that the year that they finished 5th, i.e. the wouldn't have been in the CL the following season if they hadn't won it? Not quite the same as our situation, where we've qualified regardless.

I just wondered whether it would be better to end up in Pot 1 or Pot 2, seeing that there'll be at least three English sides in Pot 1. Here's how I think it looks:

Win on Saturday => Spurs in Pot 1 => Real, Atletico, Dortmund, Napoli, Shakhtar, Porto*, Ajax*
    Lose on Saturday => Spurs in Pot 2 => Barcelona, Bayern, Juve, PSG, Zenit

* unconfirmed

On balance, I'd much rather be in Pot 1.

Totally the wrong thread for this, I know.