• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

A lot of posters on fc Twente forums are vey complimentary to our club with terms like "beautiful club" being used often. They seem to be very happy he's come to us so he can develop further (which they think is a given now he's at spurs). nice to read.

A lot of posters on fc Twente forums are vey complimentary to our club with terms like "beautiful club" being used often. They seem to be very happy he's come to us so he can develop further (which they think is a given now he's at spurs). nice to read.

Even though it was brass monkies that night, I thought Twente was a good night out with some fine, fine supporters. Got on very well with them. Cool club.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Sky Sports News not film him going into White Hart Lane? we'll look foolish if he doesn't sign.

Why would we look foolish, deals collapse all the time. Even if youre right and Moutinho was at WHL (which I don't certainly remember) I don't recollect many rival fans mocking us for the deal not going through? I think you're worrying about nothing, and its definitely not the first time we've announced deals subject to mediacal/personal terms I've seen it on more than one occassion....

TimeForSoccerPracticeKids;391607[B said:
]Correct me if I'm wrong but did Sky Sports News not film him going into White Hart Lane?[/B] we'll look foolish if he doesn't sign.

No they didn't but they did film Lloris going into the training ground.

They never filmed moutinho, he was with porto somewhere preparing for a match, they did film a chopper flying over the training ground and the speculation started.

Very happy about this signing.

How quickly delusions set in:

Even with Chadli and Paulinho on board, our current team is still better and we haven't even signed anyone. Then we have 3/4 young players who will only kick on - Ramsey, Wheelchair, Ox etc.

Trust me when I say this, unless Bacary gets back to his best, you want no part of Nacer Chadli running at him. He's going to be a bloody handful if he adapts well to the league. I can promise you that. Miles better than Gervinho and about the same price too.

As it is our squads look close though. Their 2 new signings lok good bt not amazing. Hopefully the likes of Chamberlain, Girod and Wheelchair can improve quite a bit for us this season though to help keep the gap along with any new signings we hopefully bring in.

Spurs tipping along nicely with some decent business, better than what we've done anyway.

We'll be favourites to get 4th again but the gap between the sides is nowhere near as clear cut as people here suggest. It's like they slept through the last 2 seasons, we are very evenly matched.

Which in itself is pitiful.

Disgusting more like it fabo.

However I suspected sweet talk like this, we have seen it for the last seven years so why not this year?

I dont think we will be as lucky as last season if we stay as is. AVB is now settled and with their acquisitions as well as Bale sticking around do I see them being more settled, more confident and likely able to hold us off for longer giving us less time in our recovery zone.

Liverpool as well, with Rodgers, possibly looking to hold onto Saurez, Aspas coming in as well as Sturridge kicking on makes them effective upfront.

What is most frustrating is that we are not forced to be in this position, but it seems we chose to be. Maybe its a game Wenger and Gazidis like to play.

We've lost key first team players for the last 3/4 years, Spurs were always going to close the gap. We've got a steady ship now, just need a sprinkling of quality which will hopefully happen in the coming weeks.

Expect us to pull away from Spurs this season.

As i said earlier if we not buy anyone and spuds liverpool keeping buy decent player we will maybe don't be lucky to finishing 4th next season, but if we play some good players like good striker good midfielder we will be strong then Liverpool and Spuds. our squad is short wenger need to buy players is unacceptable our squad stay like this we need big squad ffs.

Agree with GDeep here, think one or two signings for us would be enough to widen the gap. Spurs are perennial bottlers, they could have Barca's squad and they would still manage to finish behind us.

What's more interesting is what will happen with the chimp and with a possible striker acquisition for them. FFP is a joke, as is known to pretty much everyone by now, but if they keep him and also sign a half-decent striker they would post massive, 50m+ losses this season, and they don't have PSG'esque sponsors to just easily circumvent trouble afterwards.

lol at that last one.

As for Townsend, would be stupid to sell him.

[video=youtube;PGTvqYBguFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGTvqYBguFE[/video]

This is a nice video of him a few years ago. He has a hint of a younger Ronaldo with his technique and strength.

He also looks like a player that you really can't tell if he will go inside or outside, looks unpredictable..i like i like.

Goal he scored against us a couple of seasons back;

[video=youtube;teRjnmcZ7O4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teRjnmcZ7O4[/video]

I like. Havent seen much at all but what I have seems promising.

Good player, and I'm happy this deal was concluded just a couple of weeks after it was reported. Reasonably cheap as well.
Hope he has a long and successful career here. However, I just can't shake the feeling that he seems a mite too direct for the subtle inside passer I was hoping would fill that left-wing slot. All long shots, running at the full-back and cutting inside to fire home. Not enough passing, judging by that video. And secondly, if we go by the assumption that Bale will start off the right wing and cut inside (like last season, and like how most of us imagine him operating in the 4-3-3),Chadli, Townsend, Lennon and (at a stretch) Sigurdsson and Dempsey to cover those other wing roles makes for a bit of an overload. I can't shake the feeling that one of either Lennon or Townsend will be sold.

Still, for now, like I said, a good player (Who has the potential to become a great one), and I'm happy we bought him.

So how is he rated next to say Mirallis? Also he looks a little bit like Chamakh. Should I be worried?

I guess the most promising thing would be if we lost Bale or Lennon to injury we'd have genuine pace replacements in Chadli and Townsend at least

Back