• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Re: Official Nabil Bentaleb Thread

Hmmm, that is a really weird and stupid thing to say from nice but dim.

As for bentaleb, I'm very surprised at the praise he's getting to be honest. He looked okay, but gave the bal a way a few times... If that was a first teamer people would be ripping it to shreds. Good to see youngsters given a chance, but for me not in that game, we'd have been more assured with Capoue or holtby for me. And got away with it, more than great sub in my, clearly controversial opinion.

no no no, dont say that man....daaayyymn

arent you allowed to misplace a pass or two?

aside from being human , what did he do that made him short or amazing compared to others that have plaved that role? (not sandro's role btw)

Missed the second half as was having roast but rewound it to see the goals but didnt see him play at all. Think I will watch the match back tonight. Was he really that good? How old is he and what is his position?

tumblr_lpfl2crDSW1qkfwf2o1_500.jpg

I see I'm in the minority here. :ross:

I didn't even watch the game, just trying to fit in...

Yes, an interesting development, uncovering a potential first teamer in an area where we spent heavily over the summer.

As an aside, I have been reasonably impressed with Jake Livermore on the snippets I have seen of him playing for Hull. I've always thought he was merely squad filler material with a good engine but he may have a bit more about him.

It sounds like Bentaleb has more upside than Jake, though.

What we should try and do with a lot of these players is give them some game time say 10 - 20 games to show that they have some promise and talent then maybe a PL loan and then sell them for a decent amount - say around the £5m mark.

Obviously if we get someone who is top class we keep them but could make a decent sum of money out of doing this - Man Utd have been doing it for years.

Wow.
Serendipity IMO.
Capoue probably needed a day off.
He was involved in a goal and did not look out of place. Again no way he plays if AVB still manager.

I'm not sure that I'm overly enthused with our caretaker getting things right for completely the wrong reasons.

When he says "he knows" Bentaleb, I am guessing that he means that he has managed him, and had that direct player/manager relationship. He hasn't had that with Capoue, so doesn't "know" him so well.

And it turns out, the player was good enough. So there's no problem.

I'm amazed more and more every day at the agenda-driven and more to the point totally illogical posts made by some sections of this board. For these posters Sherwood was a failure before we even played West Ham. How about you 'supporters' actually do some supporting for once??

When he says "he knows" Bentaleb, I am guessing that he means that he has managed him, and had that direct player/manager relationship. He hasn't had that with Capoue, so doesn't "know" him so well.

And it turns out, the player was good enough. So there's no problem.

Exactly. I couldnt believe my eyes when he came on instead of Capoue. However, he knows the player I didnt know him from Adam. Seems he made the correct call....

What we should try and do with a lot of these players is give them some game time say 10 - 20 games to show that they have some promise and talent then maybe a PL loan and then sell them for a decent amount - say around the £5m mark.

Obviously if we get someone who is top class we keep them but could make a decent sum of money out of doing this - Man Utd have been doing it for years.

Not much quality that has come through for them in a while. Helps to have a few ex-players managing bottom half clubs that can take on your rejects of course.

Not much quality that has come through for them in a while. Helps to have a few ex-players managing bottom half clubs that can take on your rejects of course.

Not lately but if you look in the past they've sold players like Simpson, Gibson, Richardson, Morisson (admittedly sold for different reasons), Campbell. They got reasonable money for all of them I'd imagine which isn't much to them but for us if we can raise £5 - 10m per season doing something similar then that pays for one decent first team squad player like LLoris or Verts etc.

I see your point but I'm not enthused about just producing youth players just so we can flog them. At the end of the day you want all of them to have been trained to a high enough standard to play for us and to have the ability to push on further with senior team experience. The youth players will always care more than any marquee signing about our club, probably the closest you can get to having a fan playing.

I watched some of the game again last night, and without getting ahead of myself I do think the lad will only get better with the right players around him. He has the physique to do the physical game, but he also has good movement and a willingness to show for a pass that is very good for a 19 year old. Our academy has produced a player with the basic tools to play at a high level, it's down to the player to push on, but we should be supportive all the way. The lad will make mistakes but that's part and parcel of the game at his age.

no no no, dont say that man....daaayyymn

arent you allowed to misplace a pass or two?

aside from being human , what did he do that made him short or amazing compared to others that have plaved that role? (not sandro's role btw)

I dont really want to **** him off, he did okay. I just think the huge praise is a little bizarre. As I said, I don't think the necessarily did anything wrong, bit didnt impose himself ask such as dembele did, sandro and Capone does, didn't get involved as much as holtbt etc etc. but we won, so it's good he got time, but i feel that sub, like the tactics as a whole, are ripe for being calamitous against better teams.

That sounds negative. You can only beat what's infront of you and all that, but I just get the feeling there was a dollop of luck and southampton below par in that. He made a huge mistake taking ade on for holtby against west ham and it cost us. For me this sub was as stupid but he got away with it

I dont really want to **** him off, he did okay. I just think the huge praise is a little bizarre. As I said, I don't think the necessarily did anything wrong, bit didnt impose himself ask such as dembele did, sandro and Capone does, didn't get involved as much as holtbt etc etc. but we won, so it's good he got time, but i feel that sub, like the tactics as a whole, are ripe for being calamitous against better teams.

That sounds negative. You can only beat what's infront of you and all that, but I just get the feeling there was a dollop of luck and southampton below par in that. He made a huge mistake taking ade on for holtby against west ham and it cost us. For me this sub was as stupid but he got away with it

What he did do was solidify the middle of the park and showed a lot of composure and vision when on the ball. He didn't hide from possession and was heavily involved in the build up to our second goal. Granted, he didn't score an amazing goal or make a goal-saving last ditch tackle, but the praise for him is valid.

What he did do was solidify the middle of the park and showed a lot of composure and vision when on the ball. He didn't hide from possession and was heavily involved in the build up to our second goal. Granted, he didn't score an amazing goal or make a goal-saving last ditch tackle, but the praise for him is valid.
He also managed to retain possesion well.

He controlled the ball well, passed it nicely and looked composed but lets not hype him up to much. It only takes 1 bad performance and our fans will be straight on twitter being complete ****s to the poor boy.

Back