• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Re: Official Nabil Bentaleb Thread

Cool it, cool it. 30 minutes against a strangely disjointed Southampton side does not the new Hoddle make.

He had a decent game, looks reasonably assured in possession and tracks opposition runs well. He needs to bulk up a bit, and though we got away with it today, it's a bit unfair playing him in a lightweight midfield comprised of Eriksen, himself, Sigurdsson and Chadli (any goals scored by an opposition midfielder will inevitably be blamed on him to some extent). Next game, if Tim decides to go 4-4-2 again, then by all means put Bentaleb on in central midfield if necessary, but move Eriksen to the left and get someone more defensively minded on to partner him.

Still, promising signs, all told.

hqdefault.jpg

Seen him a couple of times for the youngsters and was pleased to see him come on today . Plays with time on the ball in tight situations and he plays the quick short passes very well .

As Stenno says in post#9 , patience required...

He should start next game !

LOL

Nah, but he did look very impressive when he had two or three saints players come onto him as he received the ball. Nice turn pass, and control of the ball, no panic. Now his overall game I have to see, especially defensively and filling in the space the oppo will pass or run into.

I think he read the play well today and incredibly looked to have time on the ball more often than not. It could be that Southampton had run themselves out in the first hour, but I do think it was partly his doing. Will be good to see how he gets on in the future, maybe we will ease him in game by game

tumblr_lpfl2crDSW1qkfwf2o1_500.jpg

I see I'm in the minority here. :ross:
No I think you have valid points. I think we all see how good he is, but it's consistency and building on from this experience. What a great way to start eh ?

Of course we shouldnt get carried away but he and Carroll should have been getting their chances.

Completely agree with that. Sandro, Capoue and Paulinho aren't great on the ball at all whilst Dembele holds on to it far too much. In the meantime, we have Carroll and Bentaleb who can pass and move and they're not playing. Really poor management

Completely agree with that. Sandro, Capoue and Paulinho aren't great on the ball at all whilst Dembele holds on to it far too much. In the meantime, we have Carroll and Bentaleb who can pass and move and they're not playing. Really poor management

Yes, to oust 3 full internationals with a 19 year old that's played 30 mins, crap management :ross:

Promising start. His attitude was amazing. Great to see.

Yes, to oust 3 full internationals with a 19 year old that's played 30 mins, crap management :ross:

Promising start. His attitude was amazing. Great to see.

Not oust them they shouldnt have been signed in the first place. Demeble/Sandro/Bentalab competing for the more defensive position and Eriksen/Carroll/Holtby/Siggy competing for the creative position. Paulinho and Capoue werent needed.

Capoue: when Sandro, a monster is out for a long period of time, would you play Bentaleb? An untested 19 year old. I can see why Capoue has been bought in.

Agree there was probably less need for Paulinho.

Maybe if Bentaleb had this chance last year he may have entered AVBs thoughts at the time. But be honest, challenging for CL positions, would we be happy testing him and giving him that responsibility straight away? Probably not.

I hope the above didn't come across negative, I think he was superb today. Really like the look of him and hope he carries on in the same way.

Comments from Sherwood
"I know him (Bentaleb) and it's about knowing him. The kid is ready to play, be it on loan or at Tottenham. I wouldn't hesitate from putting him in the team. He was unfazed and has a fantastic attitude. Trains like every day is his last. I don't know Capoue as much as I know Bentaleb and that's why I put the latter on instead of the former."

Not oust them they shouldnt have been signed in the first place. Demeble/Sandro/Bentalab competing for the more defensive position and Eriksen/Carroll/Holtby/Siggy competing for the creative position. Paulinho and Capoue werent needed.

Depends on what Sherwood is going to do, but yes it looks very much like Paulinho is the odd one out here. Maybe in some games we will see him with the striker to give us a bit more work rate up top, but for me Capoue was worth signing and may work his way back into the team. Dembele on the other hand may be in trouble

Comments from Sherwood
"I don't know Capoue as much as I know Bentaleb and that's why I put the latter on instead of the former."

Did he honestly say that? What a joke! I know Capoue's game from a thousand miles away and this guy is at the club every day and does not bother to have a look at the first team players??

Great to see yet another youngster get his Premier League debut.

And just in case you've lost count, Bentaleb is the 9th player to make his Premier League debut for Spurs this season.

I would expect this fella to go out on loan in January now. He looks the sort that needs games in a competitive league.

On first impressions though he seems to have quick feet, a sharp brain and an eye for a "forward pass".

Time will tell but I have my fingers firmly crossed.

Depends on what Sherwood is going to do, but yes it looks very much like Paulinho is the odd one out here. Maybe in some games we will see him with the striker to give us a bit more work rate up top, but for me Capoue was worth signing and may work his way back into the team. Dembele on the other hand may be in trouble

This

Back