• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

What role do you mean as for me Alli and Dembele play two different roles

Nabil was playing for us in Dembeles position before he left us

Alli plays as an attacker which is not someone Nabil had a chance to play for us. He has certainly shown he can shoot now which he rarely did for us

My mind was faster than my fingers - I mean 'the Alli not the Dembele role'.

Hmmm....
=====

From Germany: Nabil Bentaleb could be back at Tottenham Hotspur soon

By Sport Witness Team -

2nd February 2017

When Tottenham Hotspur sent Nabil Bentaleb on loan to Schalke they probably didn’t think his period at the club would be quite so eventful.

Mauricio Pochettino was happy with the options he had, with Dele Alli in a more attacking role, Mousa Dembele and Christian Eriksen both with attacking privileges from behind the frontline, there was little room for Bentaleb in that respect.

For the options further back in a more battling role there’s Eric Dier, and the purchase of Victor Wanyama won’t have helped, not to mention Moussa Sissoko getting in where he can.

Pochettino’s decisions had squeezed Bentaleb out of the Tottenham picture. Arriving at Schalke with huge fanfare, and expectations placed upon him that were unrealistic, Bentaleb quickly came under huge criticism as the club’s dreadful start saw them rock bottom of the league.

Dubbed a ‘Schalke Slacker’, Bentaleb had his ability, attitude, and character question. The overly harsh treatment of certain Schalke players in the German media looked to have obviously been inspired by someone at the club, and there was reason for Tottenham to be concerned.

However, Bentaleb just got on with things and turned the situation around, so much so that Kicker report he may choose to leave Schalke if things don’t improve.

Tottenham agreed a €19m transfer fee in the loan deal, which Schalke can trigger, but they can’t do that without the player agreeing.

Schalke are currently 11th in the Bundesliga, and Kicker believe Bentaleb could choose to walk away if they don’t qualify for Europe.

In that scenario, the 22 year old would be heading back to White Hart Lane, with a Tottenham contract until 2020. There’s a chance Pochettino may have been won over by Bentaleb’s attitude and application this season, and could provide room at Tottenham for the player.

If Bentaleb decides against a Schalke stay, and Pochettino isn’t keen, then Tottenham may well be able to make more on the open market.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/germany-nabil-bentaleb-back-tottenham-hotspur-soon/

Hmmm....
=====

From Germany: Nabil Bentaleb could be back at Tottenham Hotspur soon

By Sport Witness Team -

2nd February 2017

When Tottenham Hotspur sent Nabil Bentaleb on loan to Schalke they probably didn’t think his period at the club would be quite so eventful.

Mauricio Pochettino was happy with the options he had, with Dele Alli in a more attacking role, Mousa Dembele and Christian Eriksen both with attacking privileges from behind the frontline, there was little room for Bentaleb in that respect.

For the options further back in a more battling role there’s Eric Dier, and the purchase of Victor Wanyama won’t have helped, not to mention Moussa Sissoko getting in where he can.

Pochettino’s decisions had squeezed Bentaleb out of the Tottenham picture. Arriving at Schalke with huge fanfare, and expectations placed upon him that were unrealistic, Bentaleb quickly came under huge criticism as the club’s dreadful start saw them rock bottom of the league.

Dubbed a ‘Schalke Slacker’, Bentaleb had his ability, attitude, and character question. The overly harsh treatment of certain Schalke players in the German media looked to have obviously been inspired by someone at the club, and there was reason for Tottenham to be concerned.

However, Bentaleb just got on with things and turned the situation around, so much so that Kicker report he may choose to leave Schalke if things don’t improve.

Tottenham agreed a €19m transfer fee in the loan deal, which Schalke can trigger, but they can’t do that without the player agreeing.

Schalke are currently 11th in the Bundesliga, and Kicker believe Bentaleb could choose to walk away if they don’t qualify for Europe.

In that scenario, the 22 year old would be heading back to White Hart Lane, with a Tottenham contract until 2020. There’s a chance Pochettino may have been won over by Bentaleb’s attitude and application this season, and could provide room at Tottenham for the player.

If Bentaleb decides against a Schalke stay, and Pochettino isn’t keen, then Tottenham may well be able to make more on the open market.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/germany-nabil-bentaleb-back-tottenham-hotspur-soon/

Bentaleb has surely burnt his bridges with the present set-up so chances are there's no way back now. He may have to be put in the shop window at some point but that's the only way I see him ever appearing in a Spurs shirt again.

i don't know if he would have burnt his bridges, its possible but then i think its entirely possible that things could be smoothed over - im sure the club has been keeping tabs on his progress whilst on loan and if he decides not to make the move permanent and we feel he can offer us something next season then there's every chance he could play for us again

Seems a pretty 'nothing' news item although there must be some purpose behind it
Bentaleb "might" decide to leave Schalke.
Poch "might" have been won over by Bentaleb's attitude.
Spurs "might" want to sell him on.

Poch doesn't strike me as one who goes back on his decisions. Then again, none of us actually know what really went on and to what extent he was out of favour. If Poch wants him back then he knows best (obviously) but I don't see it happening.

I still like him as a player but I'm not sure we need him now Winks is on the scene. I'm pretty sure he made a few disparaging comments about us in the press as a parting shot too (silly boy, we own you :mad:), though I can't remember what they were now.

I thought that the loan automatically became permanent if he played a set number of games and he was already passed that.

I thought that the loan automatically became permanent if he played a set number of games and he was already passed that.

I think it was an option for Schalke to make the move permanent. However I don't know how that works if a club wants to exercise their option but the player doesn't want to sign. I guess in that case it can't go through and the player returns to his home club to be sold/re-loaned/welcomed back to the squad.

i don't know if he would have burnt his bridges, its possible but then i think its entirely possible that things could be smoothed over - im sure the club has been keeping tabs on his progress whilst on loan and if he decides not to make the move permanent and we feel he can offer us something next season then there's every chance he could play for us again

Maybe, but his previous space in the squad is now already being filled by Winks, so it'll be tougher yet for him to rebuild his career here. Not like he was in any way unprofessional (at least, by non-Poch standards), so I hold absolutely no rancour towards him - but the cards are stacked against him in terms of reclaiming a first-team spot. His partner was moved on to Hull, and I think his future career (which I'm still fairly confident will be a high-profile, successful one) similarly lies elsewhere now.

Maybe, but his previous space in the squad is now already being filled by Winks, so it'll be tougher yet for him to rebuild his career here. Not like he was in any way unprofessional (at least, by non-Poch standards), so I hold absolutely no rancour towards him - but the cards are stacked against him in terms of reclaiming a first-team spot. His partner was moved on to Hull, and I think his future career (which I'm still fairly confident will be a high-profile, successful one) similarly lies elsewhere now.

If we plan to switch to three at the back long term then potentially that opens another CM spot up if Dier cements his place in the back three - Bentaleb Wanyama Winks and Dembele - good options and it would allow us to be more sparing with Dembele if his injuries persist

If we plan to switch to three at the back long term then potentially that opens another CM spot up if Dier cements his place in the back three - Bentaleb Wanyama Winks and Dembele - good options and it would allow us to be more sparing with Dembele if his injuries persist

Right, but in that case, only one of Winks and Bentaleb will win out in that fight, given Wanyama's seeming permanence. Plus, they'll both have to compete in that case with the occasional formation where Eriksen sits deep alongside Wanyama, which Poch evidently likes to try at times (and which shows promise, to be fair).

I dunno, I feel like Bentaleb's positional indiscipline makes him a bit of a liability in defensive situations, which makes him a sort of luxury in a two-man central midfield that we can't afford. That gives Winks the edge over him for now (if he does come back), which will likely just lead to more frustration for him down the line if he can't break into the team upon his return.

We'll probably lose a fair bit of money, too - right now, he's riding high off some good form for Schalke, but that will dissipate if he rides the bench behind some combination of Wanyama, Winks, Dembele and (occasionally) Eriksen. In that case, we won't get the 17-odd million that his loan buyout clause is allegedly priced at.

I wonder considering his improved goal output at Schalke would Bentaleb have been better served playing higher up the pitch, more as competition/cover for Eriksen. He was OK in midfield but he doesn't have the defensive discipline to oust one of the current incumbents.

As Dubai says I don't think he will want to come back and sit on our bench but maybe he will have no other option. The bottom line is he is an excellent player that we own so we should use him if it serves our purposes.

Last edited:
Football is far more than the first 11. Bentaleb is a solid squad player able to cover in more than one position - DM, CM, LM and LB.

I have always been a big fan of his, but Winks has more than taken his place in our 4 CMs.

Potentially could he take Sissoko's spot in the 6 AMs? I think it's too late now though.

Back