• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

@Yoof Bentlab didn't want to work for his place. Son is a good comparison, and maybe Poch had a better working relationship with him, and got Son to stay. But arguably Son showed more too - Poch wanted to keep him more. Had Bentaleb been a flop on loan, would you be making the same arguments? Point being Bentaleb needed the switch, I don't think he'd have kicked on as well had he stayed.

@Yoof Bentlab didn't want to work for his place. Son is a good comparison, and maybe Poch had a better working relationship with him, and got Son to stay. But arguably Son showed more too - Poch wanted to keep him more. Had Bentaleb been a flop on loan, would you be making the same arguments? Point being Bentaleb needed the switch, I don't think he'd have kicked on as well had he stayed.

I would, he'd still only be 22 when he returns and I've seen enough of him for me to think there's a player in there. My number one pet-peeve is fans writing off young players too early and only focusing on their flaws, obviously there comes a time when you have to say they're no longer worth persisting with but all too often fans are too quick to make definite judgments on what a player can/can't do and what they can or can't become. I don't really like the negative tone behind the statement of him apparently not wanting to work for his place, others would applaud him for wanting to get out there and play rather than potentially sitting around and picking up his money. We still don't know what really went down but if Poch wasn't that bothered about keeping him then I simply think he's wrong, it doesn't mean I don't support him, just on this one decision I disagree with him.

Your last point is fair enough but I guess we'll never know unless he comes back, which looks unlikely.

I would, he'd still only be 22 when he returns and I've seen enough of him for me to think there's a player in there. My number one pet-peeve is fans writing off young players too early and only focusing on their flaws, obviously there comes a time when you have to say they're no longer worth persisting with but all too often fans are too quick to make definite judgments on what a player can/can't do and what they can or can't become. I don't really like the negative tone behind the statement of him apparently not wanting to work for his place, others would applaud him for wanting to get out there and play rather than potentially sitting around and picking up his money. We still don't know what really went down but if Poch wasn't that bothered about keeping him then I simply think he's wrong, it doesn't mean I don't support him, just on this one decision I disagree with him.

Your last point is fair enough but I guess we'll never know unless he comes back, which looks unlikely.

All fine, except you're missing out one thing: Bentaleb didn't want to stay and fight for his place. And in hindsight he was right. Personally don't think he would have got the look in or success he is now having if he'd stayed. So I guess what you are saying is a loan without a option to buy was the thing to do for Spurs. But then they may not have taken him and he'd likely have been a bit part player in a less good side.

Last edited:
Saw the goal against Nigeria. Bentaleb goal aside was absent against the Nigerian midfield of Mikel,Onazi and Etebo. That was a solid goal from when he was allowed too much space to hammer one in with his left foot. Bentaleb got forward often in support of Slimani. Indeed if he comes back, we should try him in the Dembele/Alli role.

Good goal. Although it helps being given the freedom of Nigeria on the edge of the 18 yard box [emoji6]

Mahrez did well to drag Etebo and Onazi away from the middle creating space for Nabil which he took well. He was the best of the Algerian midfield though. The rest wilted under pressure tonight.

Saw the goal against Nigeria. Bentaleb goal aside was absent against the Nigerian midfield of Mikel,Onazi and Etebo. That was a solid goal from when he was allowed too much space to hammer one in with his left foot. Bentaleb got forward often in support of Slimani. Indeed if he comes back, we should try him in the Dembele/Alli role.
I thought there is no chance of him coming back ie the loan deal will be made permanent? I'm sure I read that somewhere, but hope I'm wrong....

I think with those kinds of deals there is always clause of some sorts despite them sounding cast iron in the press.

If the player wanted to return and we wanted him too then it would happen

What role do you mean as for me Alli and Dembele play two different roles

Nabil was playing for us in Dembeles position before he left us

Alli plays as an attacker which is not someone Nabil had a chance to play for us. He has certainly shown he can shoot now which he rarely did for us

What role do you mean as for me Alli and Dembele play two different roles

Nabil was playing for us in Dembeles position before he left us

Alli plays as an attacker which is not someone Nabil had a chance to play for us. He has certainly shown he can hit the target now which he rarely did for us
Fify.

Ha ha...

Well he certainly is showing that now

Scored some bloody screamers
When he was here it always looked like he had something like this in his locker, he was never shy of having a pop from range but too many found Row 99. You wonder whether what's changed is he has that much more time to tee them up in the Bundesliga.

When he was here it always looked like he had something like this in his locker, he was never shy of having a pop from range but too many found Row 99. You wonder whether what's changed is he has that much more time to tee them up in the Bundesliga.

Well a lot of them are first time strikes IIRC

Over here they were more panic strikes

Maybe he is maturing

Wouldn't be against him coming back if he really wanted to prove himself and was being played slightly more advanced. I don't know that being in the two really worked. Gives us another option and is also home-grown. Definitely worth considering imo

he always played that way for his country and looked better than when playing for us.
thing is poch probably knows this but has always asked him to play deeper.

Back