• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

My son is joining a football academy...

@parklane1
My nephew is going for a trial tomorrow at Swansea. Excellent young brave CB with good technique, but maybe not the fastest. Fingers crossed for him.
Any experience dealing with or knowledge of that academy?

@parklane1
My nephew is going for a trial tomorrow at Swansea. Excellent young brave CB with good technique, but maybe not the fastest. Fingers crossed for him.
Any experience dealing with or knowledge of that academy?

Sorry mate no, but if your nephew has good technique and is a CB then he should have a good start. I know you are into your coaching ( how is it going?)so i am sure you have had a word about not trying to hard during the trail and just to play his normal game.

Hope he does well.

Sorry mate no, but if your nephew has good technique and is a CB then he should have a good start. I know you are into your coaching ( how is it going?)so i am sure you have had a word about not trying to hard during the trail and just to play his normal game.

Hope he does well.
Cheers. I think he'll make a career out of it one way or another. He is in and around the national team setup for his age.

I haven't given him too much advice actually. His dad was his coach for his formative years, which I know doesn't always work out for the best but did in this case. His dad was a youth international himself who had to quit early when his knee went. Shame really as he was a brilliant player (the dad) but he probably learned enough in his short career not to push his own kid too far. Just enough to keep him pointed the right direction and focus him at the right times.

Last edited:
at this level - scoring a goal is as important as what happens after - the GOAL CELEBRATION

NINTCHDBPICT000426078232.jpg

Back