• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

My fuel gauge is stuck

philspursuk

Sean Davis
My fuel gauge is stuck - won't move. Also the trp computer stays on 235 miles - anyone know how I can fix this - PS I know nothing about cars.

If it's stuck on full you're laughing!!
:lol:

*Sorry - feeling your pain, just had to have my gearbox rebuilt :( You take cars unbelievably for granted when they work and they're such an expensive inconvenience when they're buggered.

Both family cars got issues at same time.

Really problematic due work start times etc.

I know they both need replacing, mine is approaching 13 years old, hers 10, but it really isn't in the budget at the moment.

My fuel gauge is stuck - won't move. Also the trp computer stays on 235 miles - anyone know how I can fix this - PS I know nothing about cars.
Fill your fuel tank up. Write the mileage on the top right of the windscreen in white board marker. Fill up again in 250 miles. Repeat as required. Do not clean windscreen to the edge unless you're going to fill up immediately.

Used to work on the Cortina I drove many years ago.

try stopping half way down a steep hill and turn car off for 20 secs or so then on....if not do the same half way up a hill... this used to work with a peugeot 406 i had with same problem....filling it up may work too !

Back