1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Must win

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by K.D.D.D.D.Soc, 13 Sep 2019.

1. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc John Lacy

Being a "grumpy old man" many things annoy me, none more so than the "must win" statement I see in virtually every game OMT. Surely the point of every game is to win? particularly for professionals. I've never played any type of game without wanting to win even against my kids. The idea that some games are more important than others is irrational, you get the same amount of points for beating Norwich as with beating City. The real only must win games are where the result wins either a trophy, promotion or avoids relegation, we are not near any of those situations at present.

StephenH likes this.
  2. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

I more enjoy 'must lose' games. Like when you are battling to come 4th, not 3rd, in your CL group.

scaramanga and Baleforce like this.
  3. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc John Lacy

As logical as must win.

4. Robbo

Robbo Steffen Iversen

brick OMT.

Rorschach and spurspinter1 like this.
  5. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Dean Austin

No one has even asked if Bassong is suspended yet, or team news. Dismal.

Anyway, we're well above that whole winning games things, XG is where the real money is. Actual scores are old hat mate, get with the times grandad!

6. johnola

johnola Eidur Gudjohnsen

Don’t mind losing when we should win. There’s a quid pro quo, sometimes we win when we should not.

Negativity is the real poison.

El Guepardo and K.D.D.D.D.Soc like this.