• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Musa Yahaya

Do not judge Nigerian football by few acts even though the NFF is a major headache. We hope that 'Sai Buhari' might be useful in helping there. There were no issues over the transfers of Osaze, Moses, Jay Jay, Kanu, Ugo Ehiogu, Yobo, Yakubu just to name a few. Yes there are some dodgy agents (as with most countries) but things are improving on that front. That said, I am concerned about Musa. I get the impression that he has regressed compared to his colleagues in the Nigerian squad e.g. Ihenacho, Awoniyi, Isaac Success. I would really be glad if he could break into the team.
ERM........

Last week, Yahaya's agent Babawo Mohammed reiterated to AllNigeriaSoccer.com that his client is on Tottenham's books, and that the club have allowed him to play for Portimonense until he is granted a work permit.

“Musa Yahaya is a player of Tottenham Hotspur, they want him to play at Portimonense until he gets a work permit,” he said.

“He has to play in a big league before he can get a permit. They are monitoring his performance and he is doing well.

“He has signed for Spurs and they are still paying him his allowances.”

However, the Algarve side announced on Friday that Yahaya, who agreed a six-month contract in January, has extended his stay at Estadio Municipal until 2021 - and now has a release clause of €10million (£7.8million).

The club statement contains no mention of Tottenham at all, and states that the attacking midfielder was "acquired from the Mutunchi Football Academy of Kaduna".

Bit of a mystery this....

So bascially, the move to Portugal is just a way of him gaining a work permit. Our involvement is unknown at this stage.

Don't Portuguese teams have to have a release clause?

This is probably just Standard Liege and that brick LB we (sorry, Standard) signed from Man U

I dont think he is our player either. I think his agent is still trying to muddy the waters. "Yahaya a Spurs player" sounds better than "Yahaya a Portimonese player".

Back