• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moutinho v Dembele v M'vila v Sandro v Sigurdsson v VDV v Livermore

africanspurs

Justin Edinburgh
All these names are either on board or very closely linked.....

Overkill?

Just about right? (if we want to be little 'City')

What is the point of making bids for so many in similar positions or positions that could compromise others that dont play in the deeper CM roels?)

Does this mean that the livermore and sandro selections, with Thudd moving on and Jenas being given a chance, points towards an athletic high tempo pressing midfield base covering the back four? Is this more of Value to AVB than tempo setting and passing variety?

sounds like of all those mentioned that Moutinho is AVB's dream purchase. After levy went through a volatile last 4 to 5 months , would it not be right that he pushes the boat out for his new darling Coach and provide the coach with what he fundamentally needs to make his system work? If we did get Moutinho what does that mean for the like of sandro and dembele?

HOw would we shape up formation wise and what would the instructions be for the central mids?

Lots of questions.....

You missed Parker.. :p

Not exactly overkill though.

If your looking to go to a 4-3-3 formation it makes sense in my mind to have 7 midfielders. 2 for each position plus 1 that can backup everyone in case of injury.

I'd go with..

box-box ===== Defensive ===== Attacking

As the midfield. Perhaps drawing them up as a nice little triangle would please some but i can't say it makes a jot of difference really.

M'Vila is still just agent waffling.

IF Moutinho comes it will be Parker, Sandro, Dembele, Moutinho, Sigurdsson. Livermore will be backup.

You can set up the midfield three in different ways.

You can have one playing off the striker in a 4-4-1-1. The 2 CMs can be defensive, creative or attacking, all depending on what is needed in that match.

One classic ballwinner (Parker, Sandro) to sit in front of the defence and two others either side of him to get forward. You can also do this with a deep playmaker, a distributor, if you don't think the crunching tackles is necessary, maybe add Sandro as a box to box player.

A lot depends on which way the trangle points:

20110606104134_fig2.jpg

I'm just annoyed at everyone claiming there's no room for another creative midfielder or it doesn't fit with what AVB did at Porto.

you have to be careful though, how many of those snap shot formations have TWO players whose primary positions are offesnive?...no many i would assume

the interetsing one is the italian formation. the striker coming deep from the right to feed zambrota

Might be AVB thinks Sig or Dembele can be used in the front 3 somehow.

it would have to be dembele , though his conversion isnt quite that good..his potential for tons of goals and assists are. dembele for RWF even though it 'appears' that his best position is CM chnaces are that form and fortune played a part in him not geting the goals and assists from more attacking areas

i really like dembele. i feel he is a spurs type player. what we are all about you know

Am I the only one who thinks the phrase 'setting the tempo' gets thrown around a bit too much? i.e. in ways that mean it's often not referring to anything to do with speed?

how would you describe a change in tempo?

My issue is that it tends to frequently get used as a vague catch-all label for any central midfielder who's good in possession, as opposed to specifically in relation to changes in tempo...

Not having a pop at you by the way! Reading it in this thread just reminded me of it... and it's hardly a big issue, just something that starts to grate because it's used so often! Like "literally"...

e.g. Everyone talked about Pirlo 'dictating the tempo' against England, even though it was (IMO) England as a team that set the tempo by sitting deep and narrow and letting them have the ball ...

My issue is that it tends to frequently get used as a vague catch-all label for any central midfielder who's good in possession, as opposed to specifically in relation to changes in tempo...

Not having a pop at you by the way! Reading it in this thread just reminded me of it... and it's hardly a big issue, just something that starts to grate because it's used so often! Like "literally"...

e.g. Everyone talked about Pirlo 'dictating the tempo' against England, even though it was (IMO) England as a team that set the tempo by sitting deep and narrow and letting them have the ball ...

e.g. Everyone talked about Pirlo 'dictating the tempo' against England, even though it was (IMO) England as a team that set the tempo by sitting deep and narrow and letting them have the ball

mmmm...thats a VERY good point.

point taken

Back