• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Considering he has played him left, right and central I think he is still trying to work that out himself.

I suspect he expected a reasonably versatile player that would bring pace and direct running. So far he hasnt got that at all.

Ive mentioned before, I dont think he has done Sissoko any favours playing him out left etc. He is a limited player, good at what he does and little else - he is next to useless unless played to his strengths.

Which are, essentially, the sort of things he was doing against Everton.

Which was completely obvious when we bought him, so Im still wondering why Poch went for him, or hasnt used him properly yet.

A big problem with Sissoko is he hasn't got the confidence to try the running for us

The player I saw effective at Poocastle and for France was quite blunt but played like Antonio at West Ham

That for me is something we don't have and can be effective even in great footballing sides like ours

He always seems to try the safe things first and foremost

He looks shot to me, his confidence is gone.

Saturday was a big improvement there.

I wonder if he thought he would just walk into the side or something, and the whole set up just knocked him flat on his ass?

From what I read seemed quite arrogant and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, knew he was always going to play, saw many complaints he only turned up and performed when he felt like it (TV games)... Comes here and can barely make the bench. The level is leagues above Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and he has to work his way in. Which he doesnt, which I think blew him away.

If Poch is giving him chances now it suggests he is doing well in training. Which suggests perhaps he now understands what is required to play for us. So who knows, maybe after Saturday he will keep pushing on?

It would be great if he can become an asset for us.

He looks shot to me, his confidence is gone.

Saturday was a big improvement there.

I wonder if he thought he would just walk into the side or something, and the whole set up just knocked him flat on his ass?

From what I read seemed quite arrogant and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, knew he was always going to play, saw many complaints he only turned up and performed when he felt like it (TV games)... Comes here and can barely make the bench. The level is leagues above Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and he has to work his way in. Which he doesnt, which I think blew him away.

If Poch is giving him chances now it suggests he is doing well in training. Which suggests perhaps he now understands what is required to play for us. So who knows, maybe after Saturday he will keep pushing on?

It would be great if he can become an asset for us.

The only people I've heard who called him arrogant were bitter Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans

But this is a big step up to a proper team with a coach and everything

Thought he did alright on Saturday, not everything he tried came off, but he was way more involved in the game in general and many times with a positive contribution.

One of my criticisms previously has been that he's just a passenger, but that certainly wasn't the case on Saturday. Hopefully it continues and we start to see some genuine quality from him.

He was a plus for me though this week, could have a place in the squad after all?

The only people I've heard who called him arrogant were bitter Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans

But this is a big step up to a proper team with a coach and everything

As Ive said, I really didnt follow him a great deal before signing. When I saw him in the euros I thought he looked like Frances best player, then we were interested, so I found a thread on a toon website about him.

It went back all through the season, and the message was always consistent. He just wasnt trying. He couldnt be bothered. When it was a TV game he played well, they thought it was the beginning of form, and then then next game the same abject performances. By the end of the season they were bitter, and basically he became the poster boy for everything that was going wrong there. In fairness it didnt sound undeserved.

It was a hell of a contrast to the player I saw in the summer. Which always begged the question of which one we were actually going to sign.

Last season suggests it was the Saudi Sportswashing Machine one. Unless he can find "France Sissoko" this season he will be gone IMO.

As Ive said, I really didnt follow him a great deal before signing. When I saw him in the euros I thought he looked like Frances best player, then we were interested, so I found a thread on a toon website about him.

It went back all through the season, and the message was always consistent. He just wasnt trying. He couldnt be bothered. When it was a TV game he played well, they thought it was the beginning of form, and then then next game the same abject performances. By the end of the season they were bitter, and basically he became the poster boy for everything that was going wrong there. In fairness it didnt sound undeserved.

It was a hell of a contrast to the player I saw in the summer. Which always begged the question of which one we were actually going to sign.

Last season suggests it was the Saudi Sportswashing Machine one. Unless he can find "France Sissoko" this season he will be gone IMO.

That was the season they got relegated?
The same season the club was in chaos and they had some shocking players (much like now)
Seriously their fans are as fickle as our own and that season then knew he was off. He was poor and lazy I agree but I never judge the opinion of a fan scorned

It was that season. The point is though - even before they were doomed they really had issue with him.

Largely, it seemed, because he was capable of so much more than he was delivering.

By the end of the season, justifiably, his complete lack of giving a brick really had them rather worked up.

If only he was able to run with the ball at his feet. Being 3 meters offside was not enough to get a shot off.

Unfortunately a Sissoko 7/10 is the equivalent to an Eriksen 3/10 and tonights performance summed him up perfectly.

Give a fudging rest, we've just gubbed a top team and people are here slashing some one that played for 10 mins.
Unbelievable

There's so many positives from tonight but Sissoko's involvement wasn't one, the dude was given an unlawful headstart (maybe a metre?) and could still not figure out the idea of moving the ball ahead of him it to be able to have some sort of an effort at scoring a goal? I really want him to succeed but it's like he doesn't actually get the aim of the game sometimes.

I'm just going to float this, but I'm interested in the validity of the whole 'only showed up for TV games' narrative. As if he decided he wanted a move to a top club and he'd get away with half arsing games against lesser teams, because professional scouts don't watch them anyway, right? Definitely a chatacter flaw.

I reckon what could have happened was that when Saudi Sportswashing Machine were playing on TV, they were probably against a much better team, and were on the counter attack a lot more, which meant Sissoko probably stood out more for that reason.

As for tonight, trusted by Poch in a game he had described as a cup final as the first sub. Definite Zokora moment at the end, but some decent moments otherwise. I look forward to more people claiming it was basically a 3/10 though.

I'm just going to float this, but I'm interested in the validity of the whole 'only showed up for TV games' narrative. As if he decided he wanted a move to a top club and he'd get away with half arsing games against lesser teams, because professional scouts don't watch them anyway, right? Definitely a chatacter flaw.

I reckon what could have happened was that when Saudi Sportswashing Machine were playing on TV, they were probably against a much better team, and were on the counter attack a lot more, which meant Sissoko probably stood out more for that reason.

As for tonight, trusted by Poch in a game he had described as a cup final as the first sub. Definite Zokora moment at the end, but some decent moments otherwise. I look forward to more people claiming it was basically a 3/10 though.
That miss though!:D

Let's just close this thread.

We all know that he is brick and not suited to our line up.

Doing basics right is not an improvement it should be a requirement from any player that calls himself a professional player.

I'm sure he is a nice guy.

Let's just close this thread.

We all know that he is brick and not suited to our line up.

Doing basics right is not an improvement it should be a requirement from any player that calls himself a professional player.

I'm sure he is a nice guy.

He's the grain of sand that makes the Spurs pearl......................

Back