• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Decisions don't come with hindsight. At the point at which Kane made that decision, the choice of holding the ball (knowing that he'd probably have to beat a couple of players) was probably a better one than giving it to Sissoko.

Guesswork at its best, Kane on many occasions does not take the easy pass to other players as well, the fact that this was Sissoko who was the waiting player makes no real difference except to those who have made their minds up on a player.

Our players ignore the best option to pass to on numerous occasions, but predictably its only an issue when Sissoko is the one being ignored....

Guesswork at its best, Kane on many occasions does not take the easy pass to other players as well, the fact that this was Sissoko who was the waiting player makes no real difference except to those who have made their minds up on a player.
Except this was happening a remarkable amount at the end of last season. You're both right that it wouldn't be noteworthy if this just happened the few times it did against Everton. In the context of it having happened a significant amount before, then it is.

Except this was happening a remarkable amount at the end of last season. You're both right that it wouldn't be noteworthy if this just happened the few times it did against Everton. In the context of it having happened a significant amount before, then it is.

Without opening up another whole debate, I've noticed eriksen do similar with ade and lamela.
Not sure if it's a comfort zone thing, just coincidence or maybe we all read to much into things with little or no meaning.

Without opening up another whole debate, I've noticed eriksen do similar with ade and lamela.
Not sure if it's a comfort zone thing, just coincidence or maybe we all read to much into things with little or no meaning.
That would fit IMO.

Ade is a lazy fudger and always a bad option when you're on the ball. Lamela is a high risk kind of player - he's the one in our team that tries to unlock a defence with the kinds of moves that the rest of our team might not try even if they could. Sometimes the safer method is to see what else is available before passing to Lamela to do his thing - I'd imagine that's a part of our tactics.

can't blame sissoko for us buying him.
gotta imagine that levy and poch can identify players with sufficient footballing skills and technique to shell out a record price for him?
whatever is wrong about sissoko it goes deeper than what we see on the pitch.

can't blame sissoko for us buying him.
gotta imagine that levy and poch can identify players with sufficient footballing skills and technique to shell out a record price for him?
whatever is wrong about sissoko it goes deeper than what we see on the pitch.
Wasn't he bought in the transition between Poch's old scouting setup and the new one? Would explain a lot if so. Would also explain getting rid of the old one if it was on their watch.

I would say that is the main reason, one things most fans are good at is seeing things that are not always there.

Yes, Eriksen is our most thoughtful player. A pragmatic, considered, enigmatic Scando. He doesn't want the move to collapse, he doesn't want to waste the ball, he doesn't want to give it to someone who is >50% likely to mess up and lose the ball.

Hang on. Are we now saying the team has a deliberate agenda to avoid passing to a Sissoko? Seriously?

Hang on. Are we now saying the team has a deliberate agenda to avoid passing to a Sissoko? Seriously?
Agenda? No, of course not.

Do you genuinely think the team doesn't see when his legs spaz out and he gives the ball away? And that those moments don't register in their minds?

I think they make a decision in the moment that a pass to him is less than optimal, yes.

Agenda? No, of course not.

Do you genuinely think the team doesn't see when his legs spaz out and he gives the ball away? And that those moments don't register in their minds?

I think they make a decision in the moment that a pass to him is less than optimal, yes.

No, I just think that's nonsense.

What I often see, because Poch drills the team to attack the middle, is a player with an option on the outside do a quick turn inside and try and play a penetrative pass through the middle. So as much as it looks like Sissoko is avoided, I've seen the full backs and Son avoided in similar ways with the player in possession turning inside.

No, I just think that's nonsense.

What I often see, because Poch drills the team to attack the middle, is a player with an option on the outside do a quick turn inside and try and play a penetrative pass through the middle. So as much as it looks like Sissoko is avoided, I've seen the full backs and Son avoided in similar ways with the player in possession turning inside.

Trippier has been ignored a lot on overlaps thus far this season imo.
Sissoko played fairly central against Everton. Even when playing "wide" he's no more wide than Eriksen, Son, etc.

Sissoko played fairly central against Everton. Even when playing "wide" he's no more wide than Eriksen, Son, etc.

Sissoko played more central against Everton and got passed to a lot more. Also no surprise most people saying he had a better game. When he's wide he's definitely wider than Eriksen and Son. Certainly Eriksen!!

Sissoko played more central against Everton and got passed to a lot more. Also no surprise most people saying he had a better game. When he's wide he's definitely wider than Eriksen and Son. Certainly Eriksen!!
But still less than everyone else.

To take away some of the bias... I'm watching the Manchester derby right now and I'm imagining whether Sissoko would be on the pitch. Is he good enough for these guys?
If he was on the bench, would he be one of the first players brought on? I'm struggling to picture it. I know Mourinho likes super athletes that fight and power up and down, so perhaps he would like him a la Fellaini

I wonder whether this is what Poch is looking for from Sissoko too

The football world is still trying to recover from the shock of seeing Sissoko playing so well against Everton ! Let's hope it is not a one-off performance and the real Sissoko will turn up in all our matches from now on !

Considering he has played him left, right and central I think he is still trying to work that out himself.

I suspect he expected a reasonably versatile player that would bring pace and direct running. So far he hasnt got that at all.

Ive mentioned before, I dont think he has done Sissoko any favours playing him out left etc. He is a limited player, good at what he does and little else - he is next to useless unless played to his strengths.

Which are, essentially, the sort of things he was doing against Everton.

Which was completely obvious when we bought him, so Im still wondering why Poch went for him, or hasnt used him properly yet.

Back